Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #76
fceurich39
HackMaster

got mine at my indie store they also had the nest which i may go back for now also got the new terminator remastered blu there as well
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #77
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Mine's on the UPS truck and should be here by 4pm est.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #78
dave13
HackMaster

until recently i'd been happily picking up my scream factory releases in store at either Walmart of HMV. however, it took my over 2 weeks to find the Deadly Blessing BD at any store in my corner of the Toronto area, and now it looks like neither walmart nor HMV is carrying any of the three released today. i pre-ordered the video dead double feature, but the other two i was planning on buying in store. frustrating.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #79
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Got mine today, which is odd since I think I got the shipping confirmation super late last night.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #80
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Good PRISON review at Video Junkie:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.co...72379fbb048dc5
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #81
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
until recently i'd been happily picking up my scream factory releases in store at either Walmart of HMV. however, it took my over 2 weeks to find the Deadly Blessing BD at any store in my corner of the Toronto area, and now it looks like neither walmart nor HMV is carrying any of the three released today. i pre-ordered the video dead double feature, but the other two i was planning on buying in store. frustrating.
Sunrise, Bay Street Video and Suspect Video all had them. Gotta go to the indie stores for this stuff. Prison was $23.95 at Suspect.

~Matt
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #82
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Never had any of these in the Wal-Marts I visited in the Montreal region. However, my local HMV has been pretty good with multiple copies of They Live, Funhouse and Terror Train on sale. They even made display racks for They Live and Terror Train around Xmas.
Went in on Tuesday and they had one copy of Deadly Blessing, also they had a header in section for Terrorvision/Video Dead but no copies, which probably means they got one and sold it or had not put it out yet.
No sign of The Nest materializing any time soon, no header, nothing.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #83
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Terrorvision is on MGMHD this week. Can't wait to get the Blu in the mail.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #84
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Sunrise, Bay Street Video and Suspect Video all had them. Gotta go to the indie stores for this stuff. Prison was $23.95 at Suspect.

~Matt
well, up till recently i was able to buy They Live, Terror Train, and The Island at Walmart. Halloween II and III I found at Best buy, and Deadly Blessing and Death Valley at HMV. According to Scream Factory's facebook page, all their new releases should be available in Canadian Walmarts. but so far, no dice. i may have to swing by Sunrise next time i'm downtown.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #85
Angelman
HackMaster

Dark Delicacies books here held a signing event for the Prison Blu today - Irwin Yablans, Courtney Joyner, Tom Everett, John Carl Buechler, Larry "Flash" Jenkins and Richard Band were all there. Had them personalize it for my son. Pretty fun for one of the fond memories of my youth. And the disc is a massive improvement over the VHS and Region 2 DVD.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #86
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Wow…watched the TerrorVision/The Video Dead BD this past weekend…Absolutely AMAZING. TerrorVision of course looked the best of the two, but I still definitely think The Video Dead is more fun to watch. I love both films and they both complement each other real well being released together on this double feature BD, but The Video Dead is just a blast. TerrorVision is an intentional comedy, whereas The Video Dead’s ineptness really steals the show. Perfect double feature…anybody not buying this set because of a distaste of one or the other film is completely missing out…grab a brew and just have at her. I am telling you, you won’t regret it.

This will definitely be one of my top 10 releases for this year.

I also watched Prison. Another great flick that I never bothered to check out…mainly because I’m not the biggest fan of Renny Harlin. But Prison is definitely a great flick. Viggo is great of course, and the fact that real inmates were used as extras in the film had to have been terrifying. Must have given the actors great motivation. Transfer was superb too.

Both top notch releases by the best in the biz.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #87
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Thanks Chomp,
I'm a big fan of Diane Franklin's (Last American Virgin, Amityville II) and I've been hedging about buying this since I have not seen either film, I'm going to have to relent and buy this release now.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #88
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The movies are definitely an acquired taste (personally, I love 'em), but the care that went into this release is undeniable.

This isn't your typical double-feature where they simply throw two movies together. The featurette on TerrorVision is outstanding. They even got most of the cast to contribute, including Diane Franklin, Jon Gries, Mary Woronov, and Chad Allen.

With Video Dead, it would have been neat to have on-camera interviews with Roxanna Augesen and Rocky Duvall. I don't listen to commentaries, but the two are on the commentary track (actually, there are two separate commentary tracks!). So the fact that Scream Factory even went to the trouble of tracking them down is commendable.

For the price, this blu-ray is a steal. Both films received the royal treatment, and fans of either film should rejoice.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #89
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

In the TerrorVision featurette, it does seem like Diane gets most of the face time too, so she provides a bunch of interesting info.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #90
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Thanks Chomp,
I'm a big fan of Diane Franklin's (Last American Virgin, Amityville II) and I've been hedging about buying this since I have not seen either film, I'm going to have to relent and buy this release now.
I hear you!!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote