Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #31
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

Bill has made some comments on another forum that has me concerned regarding Just Before Dawn. First, he claims the 11-minute longer cut of the film is "washed-out" and "white", that the print isn't even good enough for VHS. I can only presume that he has a version of the film that contains some of the missing gore bits but not the longer dialogue-driven cut. As long as the important bits are restored, including the full machete-through-the-groin sequence, I suppose I can live without the full-length version. Still, he should try to make the additional dialogue scenes available so that fans of the film can finally have a definitive version for their collection. I suppose it would be too much to ask for seamless branching, but any release of the film that does not contain the full-length cut, in any form, will always be incomplete.

Second, and probably the most worrisome, is that he is "in no hurry" to release the film. Um, isn't that the same reason he's using for sitting on Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker? I don't know if he's aware of this, but JBD will likely become his best-selling release on both DVD and Blu-ray.

Last edited by elDomenechHDG; 11-25-2012 at 06:22 PM.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #32
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Actually if he is smart, he will wait until after April 2013 as Cinema Wasteland is having a Just before Dawn reunion. The Q&A would make a great extra on blu-ray I'm sure.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #33
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Other then crazy code red announcing this I have yet to see a single shred of evidence! Is anybody here sure code red will release these movies on blu ray?
We are talking a one guy firm.... only he can be sure of something.
And he is a little mad so...
Old 06-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #34
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Bill is retarted if he bases his future releases off of sales for movies that people have never heard of.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Bill has made some comments on another forum that has me concerned regarding Just Before Dawn. First, he claims the 11-minute longer cut of the film is "washed-out" and "white", that the print isn't even good enough for VHS. I can only presume that he has a version of the film that contains some of the missing gore bits but not the longer dialogue-driven cut. As long as the important bits are restored, including the full machete-through-the-groin sequence, I suppose I can live without the full-length version. Still, he should try to make the additional dialogue scenes available so that fans of the film can finally have a definitive version for their collection. I suppose it would be too much to ask for seamless branching, but any release of the film that does not contain the full-length cut, in any form, will always be incomplete.

Second, and probably the most worrisome, is that he is "in no hurry" to release the film. Um, isn't that the same reason he's using for sitting on Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker? I don't know if he's aware of this, but JBD will likely become his best-selling release on both DVD and Blu-ray.
Code Red and "seamless branching" in the same sentence... I would pay to see that.

And don't mention that JBD will likely become his best-selling release on both DVD and Blu-ray, because if it doesnt, youll be just giving more excuses to justify poor sales.

Even if he sells thousands, hed still be moaning as it probably is a good selling tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFatEthel View Post
Bill is retarted if he bases his future releases off of sales for movies that people have never heard of.
Well, it is a very know fact that mad people justify their means with stupid solutions!

How should Madman Bill be any different? His actions so far has proven only just that.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

At this point I'm convinced that Bill is sitting on his most requested titles because he WANTS to create an issue for himself. He enjoys complaining. He enjoys having a reason to bitch. It sounds crazy, doesn't it? The sad truth is, there ARE people out there like that. I've heard it described as "martyr syndrome".

Personally, I just call it "fucking retarded".
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #37
Franco
Weekender

In the end of JUST BEFORE DAWN, she is like the man and he is like the girl, no??? It's a woman who should be crying and not him.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #38
russweiss
Maniac

I find it interesting that the blu for Just Before Dawn shows out of stock on The Code Red website but he is selling copies for $30.00 plus shipping on Ebay with "more than 10 available."
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blu-ray, code red, crazy bill, just before dawn, nail gun massacre, the electric chair