Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #91
ronnie21
HackMaster

this is actually funny... seems real too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrynO-7N3E4
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #92
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

I just ordered Mill Creek's Vertical Limit and Stealth double feature Blu from Amazon. I had no idea it was available - how long does Walmart have exclusive dibs on HBTM? City dwellers like myself are shit outta luck since Wallyworld's in mostly suburban locations. They should've given this to Best Buy.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #93
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I just ordered Mill Creek's Vertical Limit and Stealth double feature Blu from Amazon. I had no idea it was available - how long does Walmart have exclusive dibs on HBTM? City dwellers like myself are shit outta luck since Wallyworld's in mostly suburban locations. They should've given this to Best Buy.
Other retailers should have these by March from what I've been reading.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #94
Robert Simandl
Screamy Bopper

I've got three Walmarts by me, and none of them have these Mill Creek 2-packs.
Robert Simandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #95
It's me, Billy
Maniac

I was shocked when I saw this thread. I hadn't heard anything regarding this release and I'm guessing until a few people found it in the Walmart dump bins, none of us knew it was coming. That seems strange to me. Why not promote the release so you can make as much money as possible? Anyway, I bought a copy on ebay for $15 because I know my local Walmart Supercenter won't have it. They never get anything. At Halloween (2012) they never even bothered to put up the display with the horror Blu-rays (Pet Sematary, Halloween 4 and 5, etc.) They never got those titles. All they had for Halloween was a super lame DVD section with titles like The Shining (2000 open-matte release, of course), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003, barebones), etc. When Killer Joe was released last week, all they got was the edited 'R' rated version on DVD. I had to go to Hastings to get the NC-17 theatrical cut (promoted as Unrated Director's Cut) on Blu-ray and DVD.
It's me, Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #96
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

My Wally came through yesterday, and in a shocking twist had all of these new 2-packs! Guess I can't bitch about them for a few weeks now, but I'm sure they will fuck up something else soon, it's just natural for them.
If anyone needs a copy of Stranger/Birthday, we can probably work a deal out through PM. When I left yesterday they still had 8 copies of this disc, and probably 8-10 of all the different 2 film sets. I'll do ya better than ebay, unless ebay gets below $5 and a half somehow!
If anyone grabs the Replacement Killers/Truth or Consequences disc, could you please let me know how Truth looks compared to the dvd. If Replacement was the theater cut, I would've just grabbed it, but fuck studio versions!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #97
Cannibal Chris
Victim

Picked up the Keoma set, I heard the audio was off in one of the earlier releases, hoping it's fixed this time around but I'm not holding my breath. Also had all of the other releases (this was in Norman, Oklahoma in case anyone was curious.)
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #98
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Surprisingly, the Fallston, MD Wal-Mart had a big $5 standee filled with Mill Creek double-bills. I picked up a few copies of WHEN A STRANGER CALLS / HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (one personal, some for friends) and SHIP OF FOOLS / LILITH, THE REPLACEMENT KILLERS / TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, N.M., and COLOR OF NIGHT / PLAYING GOD. For $5 each, it's hard to say no.

On a side note, does anyone know if COLOR OF NIGHT is actually the full cut?
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #99
ronnie21
HackMaster

got mine today. birthday looks like it always did, i dont see any diffrence in picture compared to the dvd. Stranger calls is one terrible movie. never liked it, plays like a made for tv movie. so bad. can;t believe people like this snoozefest...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #100
dickieduvet
Maniac

Wow...Really!!

The PQ on both WASC & HBTM are fantastic, Fine film like grain on, Plenty of fine detail and beautiful colour. No contrast boosting and no DNR. Fantastic Sony masters (as usual). The DVD's look like shit in comparison. Viewing mine on a calibrated 60" plasma and the results are stunning.

Both films are welcome in my collection, Love them both.
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #101
ronnie21
HackMaster

ok just compared birthday to the 2004 dvd and yes.. there is a diffrence. i can see it now..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #102
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
Stranger calls is one terrible movie. never liked it, plays like a made for tv movie. so bad. can;t believe people like this snoozefest...
Really? I am a big fan of the film. The big reveal at the end is very suspenseful in my opinion. Thanks to Bigdaddyhorse, I'll be enjoying the terrific transfer in a few days. I can't wait!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #103
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Found them at mine.

I'd actually never watched When A Stranger Calls before. I thought it was decent enough. I've never seen Carol Kane in a non-comedy before, so that was interesting. Also cool to hear the THX sound towards the end of the movie. I did think the mom in the beginning (who I think was also in Girls Nite Out) was pretty bad. Her line readings were awkward and she seemed to flub a few lines too. Once she left I thought the movie was pretty good though.

But really, why the hell didn't the babysitter check on the children? For her sake it's good she didn't since that dude was up there waiting for her. But really, even after several weird calls she didn't even think about checking on them? I've watched a young child before, and even with no odd phone calls I at least checked in on the kid a couple of times to make sure she was still alive. Takes like 10 seconds.

By the way, make sure you turn the sound down if you keep the disc going all through the end credits because the Mill Creek logo at the end is absurdly loud. I had the volume up to about 50, which was fine for the movie, but once that logo came up it almost knocked me back through the wall.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #104
Dobby
HackMaster

Everyone on this forum suddenly has a hard on millcreek. Surprised these didn't end up in the germ infested bins eeeeK!! I've had mine for 2 weeks watched it till Xmas night(morbid). Had no idea the folks on here would be losing their minds over this release.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #105
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Everyone on this forum suddenly has a hard on millcreek. Surprised these didn't end up in the germ infested bins eeeeK!! I've had mine for 2 weeks watched it till Xmas night(morbid). Had no idea the folks on here would be losing their minds over this release.
It's a perfect storm of titles we didn't expect to see, no notice or warning, they just started popping up, one beloved classic slasher we never thought would be on BD and another good flick (depending on your tastes) all for a cheap ass price and with quality reviews which are all good. Of course it's gonna ring the apeshit alarm! No hard-on for MC yet, but I do have a semi-chub from this wave of stuff.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is online now   Reply With Quote