Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 06-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #256
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I believe Diabolik sells them internationally.
http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...VD-Combo).html

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...VD-Combo).html
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #257
Stige
HackMaster

Doubt these are gonna be sold out for a long time.....glad I got them ( being limited and me being a freak about these things) but I think I prefer the arrow part two, the synapse was colorful, yes, but it was harder to make out a lot of what I was watching ,as for part one yeah, better and more vivid colors but sort of the same problem .
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #258
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Thanks! I did search on Diabolik, but I couldn't find em'. Only the Arrow BD's.

Thanks again for the link!
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #259
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse Films
Just a little update on the inventory of DEMONS and DEMONS 2 here in the office, for those that may have been waiting to get them. After today's orders are filled, we'll have less than 150 DEMONS and less than 500 DEMONS 2 Steelbooks left here. Thanks all for the massive success of these and we're glad you enjoy them. We appreciate all you fans have done for us over the years, and we are glad this little experiment with alternate packaging went so well for us. We also learned that Steelbooks are a massive pain in the ass! Hahaha! Any orders placed today will go out after the 4th of July holiday next week (probably on the 8th).

Quote:
Also, just a reminder. Our bank, when doing maintenance at weird hours, may have trouble approving some perfectly valid folks' credit cards. This seems to happen to a lot of folks that try to use our shopping cart later at night. We're working to find a better solution but if this happens to you (and you know your card should not have any issues), just give Jerry Chandler a call in the office at 734-494-3502 starting tomorrow. He's usually in from 10:30am-4pm weekdays and he can manually take your credit card orders over the phone, if you'd rather do it that way.
Quote:
We haven't really discussed non-Steelbook versions yet, but it's not out of the question. Arrow's double release is certainly cheaper. If that's what you want, then we certainly cannot stop you from buying their inferior transfers with less audio options available.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Synap...93094600718553

Last edited by zbinks; 07-01-2014 at 04:59 PM.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #260
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

I would LOVE amaray versions. Hate steelbooks ��
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:44 AM   #261
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Grrrrr.... fine, I just ordered the first movie. But now that I've paid the ridiculous price and gotten stuck with the lame steelbook, they'd BETTER NOT do a standard blu-ray edition for cheaper.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 AM   #262
dave13
HackMaster

sounds like they've got about 400 more copies of Demons 2 than they do of Demons. once they've gotten rid of those last copies of Demons, I wonder how long it will take them to sell out on Demons 2? I like the sequel, but I can't imagine too many people wanting to own it, but not the original...
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #263
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Lame steelbook? These are two of the prettiest steelbooks that I own.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #264
X-human
I ate my keys

I don't doubt that Demons 1 will sell out briskly after this announcement. Demons 2 on the other hand... They might not even be able to give away the remaining stock once Demons 1 sells out.

At the pace Synapse works, a standard release doesn't seem likely in the next few years. After they've wrapped up all the Argento's and the Demons 2 steelbooks sell out, they might revisit it then. But even then it depends if they go the same route with the Argento titles. If they reprint standard releases of Demons while still trying to sell Suspiria (their last Argento out the door) steelbooks it will tank all steelbook sales.

I don't expect Suspiria until 2016.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #265
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

"We are glad this little experiment with alternate packaging went so well for us" Really? I think it's safe to say that this little steelbook, limited to 3000, overpriced experiment failed miserably. They would have sold a hell of a lot more had they been reasonably priced in standard cases. This business model pushed A LOT of people towards Arrow's release(s).

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 07-02-2014 at 04:07 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #266
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
"We are glad this little experiment with alternate packaging went so well for us" Really? I think it's safe to say that this little steelbook, limited to 3000, overpriced experiment failed miserably. They would have sold a hell of a lot more had they been reasonably priced in standard cases. This business model pushed A LOT of people towards Arrow's release(s).
I would say selling them out within a year at that price is a success. With the $60 Possession Blu-ray and $80 Nightbreed Blu-ray, people should be grateful this was only $50, especially considering all the work they put into it. I'm fine with paying a little extra if I know I'm getting a quality transfer, various audio channels, lots of extras, and a cool steelbook to top it off. People are fine paying $25-$30 for mediocre transfers and barebones movies, I don't see what the big deal is? I'd rather have one of these than two or three mediocre discs personally.

Anyone that chose the Arrow versions probably aren't huge fans of the films, as Synapse releases blows their versions out of the water.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #267
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I received mine today. Ordered when they mentioned the quantities were low.

Only got the first film, but if Demons 2 is still available come August, I'll order that one as well. Didn't want to buy both on the same credit card statement, buying them separately doesn't make it look as bad (even though it's the same amount of money).
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #268
Dave
Pimp

I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Hope they do a standard release.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #269
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I was on the fence about these for awhile, but finally ordered them awhile back and my god, these are beautiful releases. Yes, they're pricey, but I am glad I got them.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #270
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Anyone that chose the Arrow versions probably aren't huge fans of the films, as Synapse releases blows their versions out of the water.
I'm a big fan of Demons, but given my income I just can't drop $50 on a single movie release, no matter how much I wanted to pick it up. I was really excited when I heard Synapse was putting it out, but as soon as they put out the press release stating they would only be releasing them as $50 steelbook releases I said "nope". I'm still not sure why they didn't do a standard release alongside the steelbooks, they would've sold a lot more copies.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote