Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
rhett

THE COLLECTION - New Sequel to The Collector

I couldn't yet find a thread on this, but searching for "collection" and "collector" on a forum with people obsessed with buying large amounts of DVDs and Blurays isn't exactly an easy thing to do.

I still haven't seen THE COLLECTOR but I like the team behind it and am surprised and excited that it's actually getting a sequel. THE COLLECTION hits theaters on November 30, 2012. Here is some press:

Quote:
Just in time for Halloween, check out Josh Stewart (The Collector, The Dark Knight Rises) in a NEW clip from Saw IV, V, VI & VII filmmakers' upcoming suspense/horror THE COLLECTION -- opening in theaters on November 30, 2012!

**NEW CLIP
"Hide and Seek"
Download: http://bit.ly/RsP4rn
YouTube: http://youtu.be/mSKOdGlqSh8

Enjoy and please feel free to share with your readers!
--------------------------
THE COLLECTION opens in theaters on November 30th, 2012!
Official Website: http://www.thecollectionmovie.com
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thecollectionmovie
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/collectionfilm
Official Trailer: http://youtu.be/uun7ufqs-w4
Official Poster: http://bit.ly/VQpqgC
Directed by: Marcus Dunstan
Written by: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton
Produced by: Brett Forbes, Mickey Liddell, Jennifer Hilton Monroe, Julie Richardson, Patrick Rizzotti
Starring: Josh Stewart, Emma Fitzpatrick & Christopher McDonald
Studio: LD Entertainment
----------------------------
When Elena's (Emma Fitzpatrick) friends take her to a secret party at an undisclosed location, she never imagined she would become the latest victim of The Collector, a psychopathic killer. The Collector kidnaps and transports her to an abandoned hotel he's transformed into his own private maze of torture and death. Upon learning of his daughter's disappearance, Elena's wealthy father (Christopher McDonald) hires a group of mercenaries to retrieve her from the vicious grips of The Collector. These mercenaries coerce Arkin (Josh Stewart), the only man to have escaped the wrath of this heinous monster, to lead them through the gruesome labyrinth. Now, Arkin finds himself fighting for his own life in order to save Elena. "The Collection," directed by Marcus Dunstan and written by Dunstan and Patrick Melton, is a suspense horror film with nonstop thrills at every turn, starring Josh Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises), Emma Fitzpatrick (The Social Network), and Christopher McDonald (Requiem for a Dream).
Excited for this?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Horrorphilly
Maniac

I saw a trailer for this last night.I liked The Collector alot and this one looks like it will be killer also.Id much rather see this then some shitty remake.

Sean
Horrorphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Hell yes, the first is awesome! You should watch it tonight Rhett, or ASAP. Easily my favorite new horror film after The Descent, this one is fucking creepy/freaky, even on repeat viewings!

My Fucking DVDS

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 10-31-2012 at 09:42 PM.
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I really enjoyed the first one, so I'll definitely check this sequel out. However, I think the appeal was that it had more of a creepy/slasher feel in a dark house. I know there were slight SAW tendencies with the traps, but this seems like they're pushing that angle even more - I hope not.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
fceurich39
HackMaster

a few reviews i've seen says its just as good if not better than the first film but i wonder if it will get a wider theatrical release than the first film which never came to my theater.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
The Tall Man
Stalker

Can't believe Rhett has yet to see this. I love it, when I first saw it I had to watch it again the next night loved it that much. Must have seen it 7 or 8 times now easily. Even my missus liked it, and she doesn't usually go for this sort of stuff. Was not expecting a sequel, but now cannot fucking wait for it !
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

Been waiting for a sequel for this. Loved the first one.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Fucking awesome. At times it did feel a lot like Saw 2, but is just as good if not better than the first Collector film. Really hoping this does well and we get part 3. You can't call yourself a horror fan if you don't at least give these movies a watch. I'm very tempted to go back and see this again.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
Ash28M
HackMaster

I'll most likely check this out tomorrow.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
You can't call yourself a horror fan if you don't at least give these movies a watch.
Is that so?
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
Ash28M
HackMaster

shit, doesn't look like it's playing in Canada as of yet.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I saw it last night. It was fun, gory, fast-paced. It's basically a glorified Saw film. If you enjoy that type of flick, it's definitely a must-see.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

I couldn't make it through The Collector - I couldn't help but think "how did the collector manage to completely booby trap the victims house in so short a space of time/why did he bother?" It almost felt as if they were there to trap the burglar, whose arrival the collector could not have anticipated. Oh well, maybe the film offered some satisfying explanation for that, but I didn't bother to hang around for it - when a film has me nitpicking like that, it means I'm not at all engaged. It isn't really about the flaws themselves, but the fact that the film didn't offer anything that made me want to suspend my disbelief. It's all very gruesome, yes, but in that Saw sequel/Hostel kind of way, where atmosphere, suspense, and shocks take a backseat in favour of mutilation. Not saying it's a bad film, but it was not for me.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

A big plot point of the first film was that Arkin was trying to get money to loan sharks who were after his family, and he had to get the money to them by midnight. This is completely ignored in the sequel. The wife shows up like none of it happened.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
rhett

I heeded all your advice and watched the first one a couple weeks ago. Wasn't disappointed. I was engaged in the story, the lead was mild mannered and Likeable which is a rarity these days and the killer was pretty menacing. Loved the mask. Unfortunately there is no way to see this sequel here yet, but comparisons to SAW 2 have me hopeful. If we can't get new SAW films anymore I'll definitely settle for this!