Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Euro Horror

Old 05-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Crystal Plumage
Dig me..but don't bury me

Dværgen/The Sinful Dwarf

Announced by Severin (future undated,according to Fangoria's Chopping list).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070696/

Quote:
Olaf and his mother run a boarding house and a white slavery ring. They also smuggle heroin to keep the addict girls happy so they do not try and escape. A young couple move into the house and the evil landlords take a liking to the female.

As IMDB writes:
  • White Slavery
  • Forced Prostitution
  • Pubic Hair
  • Male Rear Nudity
  • Maniac
  • Whipping
  • Psychopath
  • Drug Smuggling
  • Breasts
  • Female Nudity
  • Carmen Miranda Impersonator
  • Depravity
  • Cult
  • Drugs
  • Prostitution
  • Sex
  • Brothel
  • Attic
  • Captive
  • Controversial
  • Dwarf
  • Heroin
  • London England
  • Nudity
  • Perversion
  • Rape
  • Sadist
  • Slavery
  • Violence
Fun?At least there's something for everyone here
I don't have any movies with "male rear nudity" yet

There's a R2 DVD out there so anyone seen this movie?Is it a "classic" ?

Last edited by Crystal Plumage; 05-17-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Crystal Plumage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Crystal Plumage

Here's the recently released Dutch DVD:

DVD Details:
VS, 1973, 92 min., NTSC, region free, 4:3, English 2.0 Dutch subs.

Found out this DVD is available @ Xploited:
http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/si...f-p-13683.html

From AllMovie:
Quote:
In London, a perverted Swedish dwarf who plays the piano lures young women into his alcoholic mother's boarding house, a former nightclub. There they are drugged, whipped, turned into heroin addicts and forced into prostitution. On the lighter side, his mother does do a pretty fair Carmen Miranda routine.
Anyone know more about this film?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
Spacevis
Boo-urns!

This is what the Psychotronic Video Guide has to say about it...

Quote:
This resembles The Gruesome Twosome or a John Waters movie without the humor. ...
Quote:
... Naked women are kept drugged with heroin in a secret room where men come and pay for (pretty graphic) sex with them. ...
Sounds like a pretty perverse peace of exploitation. Although this kinda feature always prickles my curiosity, I'm gonna steer clear of it. Others might enjoy it though

<<< DVDs Last.FM >>>
Spacevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
X-human
I ate my keys

It's a pretty notorious movie, I picked up the SWV DVD-R. Not sure when I can get around to watching it though. The Dutch release was tempting especially compared to the far more expensive Japanese release, but now I'm glad I held off.

I'll be picking up the Severin release.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
bwana the clown
Supreme Ruler Of Sados

I saw it several months back. Not something you'd show your granny, but wasn't nearly as over-the-top as I'd hoped. I probably would have preferred some gore to camp it up a bit, because as the Psychotronic quote above says, it doesn't have much humour to it (despite starring a dwarf who looks exactly like Jack Black).

Visit us on Facebook

Last edited by bwana the clown; 05-18-2008 at 12:32 AM.
bwana the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

It's pretty sleazy and a ton of nudity. The dwarf kind of annoyed me, and the logic was non-existent, but for a movie that should of been really cheesy it really wasn't.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
zompirejoe
Maniac

Any movie with a dwarf, a Carmen Miranda impersonator, and pubic hair is definitely worth my time. This actually looks awesomely bad, I can't wait !
zompirejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
Crystal Plumage

Here's the scoop from dvddrive-in:
Quote:
LOS ANGELES, CA, February 9, 2009 – Severin Films today announced the March 30th release of THE SINFUL DWARF, the infamous 1973 Danish-made/London-lensed shocker that has been called “perhaps the sleaziest film in EuroCult history.” Events surrounding this first ever North American DVD release are scheduled to include a rare theatrical screening at Austin’s Alamo Draft House on April 3rd, as well as national protests from various outraged Little People’s organizations. Severin’s restoration of the still-controversial movie was made possible by the recent discovery of a pristine 35mm print found hidden in a janitor’s closet at The Danish Film Institute.
“A young bride,” promised the original U.S. ads, “left alone to the lewd passions of an evil dwarf!” Former kiddie-show host Torben Bille stars in this EuroSleaze classic as a diminutive degenerate who imprisons drugged teenage runaways for use as sex slaves in the attic of his elderly alcoholic showgirl mother’s decrepit rooming house…and that’s just the first ten minutes. In their December 12th 1973 review, Variety condemned the film as “repulsive”, further declaring “Torben leers and lurches like a demented Bette Davis.” Over the past three-plus decades, the movie’s repellent international reputation was furthered by infrequent screenings of heavily censored fourth-generation bootleg videos as well as a recent viral campaign that shocked even the most jaded of fringe film bloggers. “Best. Plot. Ever.” wrote CinemaIsKing.com. “This whole movie delivers the goods!” while Mania.com raved, “A must-view. After all, can one really go through life without having seen a movie called THE SINFUL DWARF?”
“THE SINFUL DWARF is a towering achievement in graphic depravity,” says Carl Daft, co-founder and CEO of Severin Films. “With this release, Severin is officially going to Hell, and plans on taking as many EuroCult fans as we can with us.” As for the large-scale protests threatened by various Little People’s organizations, Daft is sanguine. “Clearly, THE SINFUL DWARF does not imply that all dwarves are pint-sized perverts with massive penchants for drug trafficking and sexual degeneracy. It would be like attacking Graham Greene for THE QUIET AMERICAN.”
Severin Films was formed in May 2006 with offices in Los Angeles and London. Hailed as “cheerfully perverse folks” by The New York Times, the label is dedicated to restoring and releasing the most provocative and controversial features from around the world. Their previous releases include the unrated Director’s Cut of GWENDOLINE starring Tawny Kitaen, recent lifetime Goya Award winner Jess Franco’s classics MACUMBA SEXUAL and THE SEXUAL STORY OF O, Walerian Borowczyk’s IMMORAL WOMEN, the two-volume limited-edition collections BLACK EMANUELLES BOX, and Enzo Castellari’s action classic INGLORIOUS BASTARDS, currently being remade by Quentin Tarantino. Their future releases include Oscar nominee Patrice Leconte’s international hits THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND and THE PERFUME OF YVONNE on April 28th. www.severin-films.com
I read somewhere there'll be two cuts of the film.A "normal" version and a "hardcore" version..Not sure though.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
x666x
HackMaster

A dwarf, enslaved women, kinda reminds me of Bloodsucking Freaks only without the violence. Not sure I want to see this one. I'll wait for more of you to report back.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
f.ramses
Maniac

I gotta say I was pretty disappointed by this. It's got all the stuff they say it does only it's not as entertaining as you'd think it is once you see it. Also, the dwarf is kind of annoying and overall the movie is slow/boring. I have no idea what would take the title but I'd say that this movie doesn't even come close to being the "sleaziest title in Eurocult history"! I believe I saw the "hardcore" version but I'm not sure, there was definitely penetration shown however it makes up about 2 minutes of the movie iirc so I'm not sure...
f.ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 AM   #11
scott71670
Maniac

I love this movie, I have a bootleg of it, and there are parts of it where you just can see the entire raincoat clad audience turning their heads collectively sideways and going "What the?" I was watching it one day on a little DVD player (how appropriate?) and one of my friends heard the music and said "Oh, that has to be some serious griondhouse smut there." Completely politically incorrect, but there is no possible way ANYONE in their right mind could formulate a negative opinion on Little People with this film- it just has absolutely no toe-hold in the real world whatsoever...
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #12
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
I gotta say I was pretty disappointed by this. It's got all the stuff they say it does only it's not as entertaining as you'd think it is once you see it. Also, the dwarf is kind of annoying and overall the movie is slow/boring. I have no idea what would take the title but I'd say that this movie doesn't even come close to being the "sleaziest title in Eurocult history"! I believe I saw the "hardcore" version but I'm not sure, there was definitely penetration shown however it makes up about 2 minutes of the movie iirc so I'm not sure...
I totally agree with you on this - and I didn't enjoy it much either
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
X-human
I ate my keys

A screener copy of the hardcore version has been sent out to Love, Lock and Load. The additional remarks were added at the bottom of the review.

Looks like Severin did the XXX version as much justice as they could by slicing the extended footage into their best print and doing a fine job of it too.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

This movie is stupid and mesmerizing at the same time. You just can't look away. Some hardcore sex scenes but you always wanna know what Shrimpy is gonna do next. Walking around smirkin' and gruntin' - lol.

Who's got a copy of the extended version for me

Last edited by Mutilated Prey; 06-01-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Mutilated Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #15
russweiss
HackMaster

This was released in both a regular and XXX version. I don't know if the regular version has some of the "hard" scenes mentioned or not but the DVD boxes are very different.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=sinful+dwarf
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote