Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
inkmachine
Stalker

The Devil Inside

Well? I didn't see a post about this flick anywhere yet....if I missed it, I apologize.

I just got home from seeing this flick.

All I will say is that I actually really liked the tone of this "lost footage or documentary" flick. I thought it was surprisingly bloody and enjoyed the acting. I was very interested in the past of these characters that they were building and it was pretty intense once all the possessions started and then.............................................. ............

Spoiler:
WTF was up with that fucking ending????? Ummmm a car crash and yer left hanging with nothing but some text telling you to go to a website????? Everyone in the audience was pissed and more than a few yelled "Bullshit!" when that happened. I just couldn't believe it. I was very very into this movie, but the ending just absolutely RUINED it for me =(

Jason Moore
Ink Machine Productions
inkmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
Ash28M
HackMaster

I thought it wasn't bad and I didn't mind the ending either. I like it when a director doesn't feel he needs to have a traditional ending.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
bigwes15
Maniac

I really wanted to like this, as it has seemed like forever since I saw a horror movie in the theater. However, I was not impressed at all by this movie. Last Exorcism was MUCH better, and that was even PG-13! The audience I was with (fairly large for a 2PM matinee) was also booing the ending.
bigwes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

That one flew totally under my radar. I didn't know about this movie until it popped up on my news feed on facebook yesterday. Trailer looks good in my opinion.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Almost went and saw this with some free movie passes the other day, but took our 3D glasses along and snunk into The Darkest Hour instead. Reviews made them both seem about equally stupid, and fan comments do as well.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #6
mclay18
Maniac

Word of mouth is absolutely TOXIC on this film. Virtually everyone's panning it on Twitter.

I was wondering why we didn't get this film, but that was due to the dumb booking department (they didn't book the first Paranormal Activity film when it went wide). But after hearing several stories of people booing the ending and demanding refunds, perhaps it was good we didn't get it this week.

But Paramount has already broke even on this movie, just with midnight showing earnings alone (plus a small but effective P&A budget). Even if the movie drops like a rock in its second weekend, they'll probably turn this into the next micro-budget franchise.
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #7
othervoice1
HackMaster

I know you cant always go by this- but overall reviews on Rotton Tomatoes is pretty ugly....
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #8
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I know you cant always go by this- but overall reviews on Rotton Tomatoes is pretty ugly....
Yeah, negative online reviews started popping up after I posted my comment here. Now I'm not so sure I wanna see the movie
I might wait till it hits Blu-ray though.

Last edited by Hellbilly; 01-09-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #9
othervoice1
HackMaster

Wow this surprised me- looks like it had a really good opening weekend:

Devil Draws In Massive $35M Debut Weekend
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...ive_35m_debut/
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #10
mclay18
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
Wow this surprised me- looks like it had a really good opening weekend:

Devil Draws In Massive $35M Debut Weekend
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...ive_35m_debut/
Horror films usually have a steep decline and fade away after a couple of weeks. But with WOM going around for this film, it'll plunge further.

I'd be shocked if the film grosses over $60M domestically. It'll likely end up grossing $45-$50M, tops.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Production budget was only $1 million (I believe that's whats stated on Box Office Mojo), so even if it tops at $50 million, that's a major success for Paramount. Hell they could pull the movie today and still call it that.

I plan on checking it out later this week. Negative reviews be damned! Usually if a movie gets bad reviews, I end up liking it, so we'll see. lol
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Seems like "found footage" movies don't cost much to make (nor should they). I heard the ending was non-traditional...telling you to check the internet...movies are getting lazy, eh?
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
mclay18
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
Production budget was only $1 million (I believe that's whats stated on Box Office Mojo), so even if it tops at $50 million, that's a major success for Paramount. Hell they could pull the movie today and still call it that.
True, but I heard Paramount bought it for $2M and then spent a P&A budget around $20-30M. If they pull it now, they'd break even.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
russweiss
Maniac

My daughter wanted to see this so I went against my better judgement. I felt the film was not only poorly made but wasn't scary either. Personally I'm tired of these "lost/found footage" documentary style films. The hand held shaking camera is enough to give you a headache.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #15
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

Every January we're going to get a "found footage" or devil movie dumped on us. Last year's turkey was THE RITE with Anthony "he's in everything" Hopkins. I won't even bother considering a Netflix rental for this one.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote