Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #61
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #62
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Not really surprising, but it appears that these are NOT original boxes...

http://youtu.be/wC6Dc1QMK1w

Feel sorry for anyone who was duped into spending a lot of money on these. Such a shame.
Love the investigative work in that video! If only fans were so diligent about downloading sites.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #63
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Heh…I already swapped out the original tape from the cut box and put it in the mint box in preparation of selling it on Ebay and flooding the market with fakes!!!! LoLz J/K @ selling on Ebay. But I know that was a big issue with some of these fag VHS collectors…always concerned about the box rather than the film itself. Whatever I got scammed.

If this vid was coming from someone other than Paul, I’d call bullshit, but to hear this affirmation of the boxes being reprints from someone THAT methodically well versed in the VHS format is truly disappointing. It would be one thing to say they are reprints and then try to sell them, but passing them off as originals when they aren’t is really a sleazeball move.

Now I really hope Meir Zarchi (or other current distribution rights owners of any of the titles Band is currently “re-releasing” (bootlegging)) does take legal action.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #64
crikan
HackMaster

I'm perfectly fine with it being a fake. I like that it's pristine. Hopefully this info gets out and I can get a couple more on the cheap.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #65
Chomp

Yeah, no problem with them being fake…I just have a problem with being deceived. It also makes the current price tag on these seem rather unjustifiable.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #66
Mark Relford
Chairman of the Bored

Fuck Band and the VHS craze... Both need to go away.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #67
X-human
I ate my keys

I didn't doubt they were bootlegs from the start. And don't kid yourselves, they don't own distribution rights to hardly any of those titles anymore. The problem isn't that it's a reproduction, the problem is that we were explicitly told they were original leftover stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I figured as much. After all this is Full Moon. Who can forget the "FOUND A FEW MORE PUPPET MASTER BOXES IN THE WAREHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" which were obviously just represses.
I'll cut them some slack on that, Paramount still had the distribution rights for them at the time but just weren't printing them anymore. Finding "more" was a convenient work around for the time being.

This is different though, there's no reason to lie but to fool the buyers. Even the VHS tapes themselves were admittedly new. Since they didn't have distribution rights that's out and out illegal. The only people they're fooling are the fans dumb enough to fall for this rot.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #68
Chomp

THE VHS WAR HAS BEGUN!!

http://www.fangoria.com/new/excl-cha...s-accusations/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5aTimR480

Last edited by Chomp; 04-10-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #69
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Oh man.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #70
Steel76
Maniac

"Band’s claims are absolutely palatable. I chose to believe him. And either way, these big box Wizard’s are indeed a thing of bulky, garish beauty…"

Bull Shit!! Fangoria sure like to kiss Mr Band´s ass, as usual
Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #71
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Somebody should just carbon date the paper, case closed!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #72
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

I am no legal eagle, but even though you may have the original boxes themselves after 30 years, it doesnt give you legal right to make VHS copies of films you no longer have license to. You can sell the boxes, I am sure thats all OK, but not the film content in any vidoe content? I am sure Criterion wount be happy about THE BEAST/EQUINOX, William Lustig for ZOMBIE and that dude who made I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE as well as Anchor Bay who has the current license on the film.
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #73
Chomp

I can't believe Band would still deny these are reprints...never mind the different style box/cardboard used, what about the faint sticker they forgot to completely Photoshop out? Quality issues will happen with print, not every box is going to be crisp, but there is no reason for that sticker to be in the boxart, unless it was scanned. That's probably the most damning evidence Paul was able to find.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #74
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
The hipsters can cry like the little bitches they are. The whole gimmick retro VHS market has been nothing but bootlegs the last 2 1/2 years. To act like a cunt and point the finger at Charles Band is hypocrisy at it's finest.
You wrote exactly what I think about this. Those people couldn't care less about the movies they just want a box to fill a void in their cases to impress people and be sheep following the herd.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #75
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
You wrote exactly what I think about this. Those people couldn't care less about the movies they just want a box to fill a void in their cases to impress people and be sheep following the herd.
Agreed, the entire retro trend is quite lame. I've never understood the fascination with it, whether it's VHS or Vinyl. I'd rather just seek out the originals.

And if this guy really did spend $500+ on reprints, it's his own fault...especially when he had the originals to begin with. It's not like Full Moon has never been caught reprinting things before. I must say though, that his evidence that these are indeed reprints is pretty damning.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote