Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 AM   #91
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

I highly doubt Charles Band is actually ever going to come out and declare these are reprints. I also seriously doubt he's going to come out and address the specific points (which are very compelling) that this guy makes in his videos.

Fangoria can kiss his ass all they want, that doesn't automatically prove or give more credence for the authenticity of these.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:35 AM   #92
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yeah...he seems too into himself to admit to something this damning. He'll deny it for as long as he's still relevant.

Sucks too because I am sure he'd gain a shit load of respect for owning up to it. Maybe even reduce the price and offer refunds? LoL yeah right who am I kidding?
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #93
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
LuLz WUT?
Yeah sometimes I can be hard to read, sorry. What I meant was that they wanted something to show and they got something to show in their shelves. So I don't see what is the big deal... it's not like the other tapes they purchased from Massacre Video, just to give an exemple, are more legit.

Quote:
Band is not just deceiving wanabe collectors but he is trying to deceive ALL of his fans.
Not me. in fact it's a stunt that would make Dwain Esper, Kroger Babb, S.S. Millard and the other Forthy Thieves red with envy
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:50 AM   #94
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
And since maybrick is around I will apologize upfront for any spelling or grammatical errors in my post. Viewing and posting on this forum from my phone is a bitch.
I keep telling you, it was never your spelling or grammar that was the problem, it was those wry-ball shirts you like to wear. They're tacky, so stop it!
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #95
booper71
HackMaster

His discoveries are about as credible as those on Storage Wars.
Some of the fans who spent money at first roadshow are still waiting for their producer credits or cameo as victim in next films.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #96
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
On a related note, it's entirely possible that Band does have the rights to these films on VHS "in perpetuity".
That is the only thing I donīt understand.

If VHS was the "baby" in the home video format, how can Band have "perpetuity" rights to release these on that format?. Itīs not like he could look into the future at the time, guessing a new format was coming, so he could stipulate a perpetuity contract of said title in that medium.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #97
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

The evidence don't look good for Charles, and I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. He lost all credibility with the Puppetmaster "finds", can't believe he keeps trying to play the same card. This dude making the videos certainly has done his homework, presents a strong case, and if I was on the jury, I'd convict!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #98
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

My two cents on this debacle, if you bought something that falls short of the item described that is fraud and is pretty fucked up.
I could give a crap about these 'hipster' allegations, people are free to collect whatever gets them off. Plenty of people collect Star Wars or KISS shit and never take their items out of the boxes, so what's the difference here?
Even if someone just wants a VHS big box to display on a shelf that's their business, it does not entitle others to take advantage of a hot collector's market to screw people.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #99
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I guess next Charles will discover a warehouse find of 15,000 Anchor Bay Maniac dvd tins.

Nevermind that they were limited to 5,000.

Which raises the question, "where does he find all these wonderful warehouses?"
You need a new hustle man, you played this card so much it's clearly marked.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #100
booper71
HackMaster

In other Full Moon news, an actress from Gingerdead Man 3 is suing the IMDB for posting her birth year. The actress wanted to pass herself off as being in her late twenties instead of her forties
Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #101
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Good luck with that. there was someone else recently that flipped out over that.

Who's this?
http://www.bigdaddyhorrorreviews.com/
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #102
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I live in a city infested with hipsters and believe me, no hipster is a true VHS collector. Do they pick up a VHS here and there to be retro and/or ironic? Sure. But true collecting takes time, energy, and knowledge. Hipsters merely skim the surface of things they deem cool to get their jollies and never want to dig deep. That would actually require not being superficial.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #103
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
I live in a city infested with hipsters and believe me, no hipster is a true VHS collector. Do they pick up a VHS here and there to be retro and/or ironic? Sure. But true collecting takes time, energy, and knowledge. Hipsters merely skim the surface of things they deem cool to get their jollies and never want to dig deep. That would actually require not being superficial.
What you've just described are people who have, oh... I don't know... a life?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #104
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
What you've just described are people who have, oh... I don't know... a life?
Your absolutely correct sub-culture VHS hipsters have a life.

Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #105
maybrick
HackMaster

Sorry, but I didn't realize that in order to not be labelled a hipster that you had to be a "hardcore" collector and devote "time, energy, and knowledge" to the cause. Silly me. I guess because I don't search high and low for Wizard video tapes and only pick them up when I come across them in a budget bin but otherwise don't give them much thought that makes me a hipster, too. I may as well turn in my collectors badge and lone Wizard copy of Zombie in at the head office. Give me a break. That definition doesn't make me or anybody else a hipster, but it certainly makes you a snob if you believe that malarkey.

I guess if I had to choose between being somewhat normal and in danger of being labelled a hipster (apparently the 21st century version of last century's "poser") or living the solitary existence of the comic book guy from The Simpsons, I'll gladly take the former.

Last edited by maybrick; 04-11-2013 at 10:27 PM.