Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Demoni
HackMaster

Mad Max Trilogy

This is no new news, but now we have two alternatives to choose from.

The US version will come in what appears to be a tin.

The UK version will come in a much more appropriate movie themed "gasoline" tin.

US

http://www.amazon.com/Trilogy-Warrio.../dp/B00BLRXDTQ

UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
booper71
HackMaster

One of the definitive drive in experiences for me when I saw it when it first came to the USA. A good mix of Ozploitation and Grindhouse. When I was a kid I thought of it as a Post -Apocalyptic Death Wish.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #3
Cooperkill
Stalker

Mad Max is really good.

The Road Warrior might be the best action movie of all time.

Beyond Thunderdome might be one of the worst sequels of all time. Aside from Thunderdome itself, it's a disaster. Between the "tomorrow-morrow land" kids and an ending that rips off the pervious finale, it's a wonder this gets so many free passes.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

I have this on pre-order, but still have no idea if there are new bonus features included. If there aren't and this is just a repackage of the previous Blus plus Thunderdome then I'm gonna cancel my pre-order.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #5
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
I have this on pre-order, but still have no idea if there are new bonus features included. If there aren't and this is just a repackage of the previous Blus plus Thunderdome then I'm gonna cancel my pre-order.
The back cover of the trilogy only lists Special Features for the main film and The Road Warrior. They are all previous special features. It doesn't list anything for Beyond Thunderdome.

The Road Warrior will have lossless DTS-HD Master Audio this time around however, unlike the old Blu-ray.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #6
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

That gasoline tin looks too much like the Reservoir Dogs tin. Can't have two of those in my collection :-)
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
The back cover of the trilogy only lists Special Features for the main film and The Road Warrior. They are all previous special features. It doesn't list anything for Beyond Thunderdome.

The Road Warrior will have lossless DTS-HD Master Audio this time around however, unlike the old Blu-ray.
Hopefully they addressed the color timing issues with The Road Warrior. Although, the old blu-ray looked very good in all other respects. I am glad we'll get an audio upgrade.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #8
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperkill View Post
Mad Max is really good.

The Road Warrior might be the best action movie of all time.

Beyond Thunderdome might be one of the worst sequels of all time. Aside from Thunderdome itself, it's a disaster. Between the "tomorrow-morrow land" kids and an ending that rips off the pervious finale, it's a wonder this gets so many free passes.
Very true.

As much as I'd like this, I have the first and third on DVD and that is good enough. Road Warrior was one of the first Blus I bought.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
Erick H.
HackMaster

Caught THE ROAD WARRIOR (under it's MAD MAX 2 title) at the Carolina Theater a couple of years ago Love the trilogy,I look forward to this.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I already own Mad Max and Road Warrior on Blu-Ray, but I don't own Thunderdome. My husband and my brother would tell me "You don't need anymore Blu-Rays. You already have too much." Right now I'm downsizing some of my DVDs, because I have upgraded a few of my movies to Blu-Ray, and a few will be releasing to Blu for the first time in a few months. Right now, I think I have a pile of at least 50 movies that I'm going to let go, just to make room.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperkill View Post
I agree! One of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Even though I hated it when it came out, I have given it two more chances since then, and I actually hated it even more for every try.

Max should have run over those damn annoying kids with a truck.

Watching Thunderdome together with Waterworld as a sadistic double feature, would make anyone wanna eat a bullet
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg_Shen View Post
Hopefully they addressed the color timing issues with The Road Warrior. Although, the old blu-ray looked very good in all other respects. I am glad we'll get an audio upgrade.
I've read conflicting things about the drastic color changes from the dvd to BD, and most seem to feel the BD is closer to correct. Many claim the dvd was "cartooned" for lack of a better term, and too much color was added. But some others say that the dvd is how it has always looked and the BD was drained of color. Anyone actually see this in theaters way back and recall what it looked like?

I'll probably stick with my old BD's. The lossy audio doesn't bug me much and I hate Thunderdome, so no point in owning that as I'll never watch it. I'll check reviews but it will take more than better audio to make me re-buy the 2 films I want but already have from this set.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I'll probably stick with my old BD's. The lossy audio doesn't bug me much and I hate Thunderdome, so no point in owning that as I'll never watch it. I'll check reviews but it will take more than better audio to make me re-buy the 2 films I want but already have from this set.
agreed
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I've read conflicting things about the drastic color changes from the dvd to BD, and most seem to feel the BD is closer to correct. Many claim the dvd was "cartooned" for lack of a better term, and too much color was added. But some others say that the dvd is how it has always looked and the BD was drained of color. Anyone actually see this in theaters way back and recall what it looked like?

Hmm, I don't know. The warmer color is how I grew up watching it. I wasn't around when the movie was in theaters. My mother actually was taken to see it, but was so repulsed she walked out after the first 15 minutes or so. I'm sure she wouldn't recollect what the original color timing was.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
fceurich39
HackMaster

BestBuy stores will have this is small quantities my small store has only 2 copies on order better be there when they hope if anyone is planning to go looking for this in stores on Tuesday!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote