Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #16
blackend_moon
Screamy Bopper

I just came across this page and was hoping some of you could help with figuring this out. I ordered a good bit of stuff from Massacre months ago and I still haven't gotten it. I've been told it has been shipped on a dozen different dates and from what I've seen on other sites he's done this to a lot of people. He stopped answering my emails so I was curious if anyone knew how to get him to ship out my stuff.
blackend_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #17
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackend_moon View Post
I just came across this page and was hoping some of you could help with figuring this out. I ordered a good bit of stuff from Massacre months ago and I still haven't gotten it. I've been told it has been shipped on a dozen different dates and from what I've seen on other sites he's done this to a lot of people. He stopped answering my emails so I was curious if anyone knew how to get him to ship out my stuff.
Are you located in the US or elsewhere? I ask because I'm in Canada and have had 2 Massacre Video orders stopped at customs and they didn't make it through, but after emailing they were resent and I've received them. I've had no problems with communication with Louis.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #18
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

You shoulda seen the last MV thread we had.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #19
X-human
I ate my keys

Massacre Video Facebook update:
Quote:
Just a quick update on various items of interest!

I have been bugging the replication facility who messed up the Snuff 102 everyday trying for an update. I am really hoping they will have the new disc in hand next week! Needless to say I will never use this printer again.

A bit of good news, the hardboxes for Snuff 102 and Savage Vengeance should be here by the middle of September. We will be starting orders for them at the end of the month and they will be shipping mid/late September. Once the arrive we will begin to hand assemble/number each box and get them ready for their new homes!

Now some Black Devil Doll from Hell news, we have the masters ready for both BDDFH and Tales from the Quadead Zone! Keeping in mind there were 1/2inch masters out of Chester Turner's personal collection, they are far from perfect but they are the best these films are going to look! Compared to the bootlegs that everyone is use to seeing, these actually have color and minimal video noise.

We are also wrapping a documentary titled "Return to The Quadead Zone: A Retrospective of the films of Chester N. Turning" which will be a must see for the fans of both films.

Chester and I are both very excited to debut both films at the Cinema Wasteland convention in Strongsville, Ohio this October. So make sure to come and meet the legend himself!

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #20
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

An update from their website:
http://massacrevideo.com/site/august-update/

Quote:
The replacement DVDs for Snuff 102 will be here in a week. The place dragged their asses with the replacements, which was very inconvenient, but, alas, they will be here and up for sale soon! The hardboxes for both Savage Vengeance and Snuff 102 are likewise on their way to us and should arrive at the end of September with the Black Devil Doll from Hell and Tales from the Quadead Zone hardboxes. Why so many hardbox delays for us? I am not sure, but hopefully this is a situation that will fix itself soon! Because everyone has been so patient, I would like to show off the artwork for the upcoming Snuff 102 hardbox, which will be a limited edition of 102 copies!

Mostly all of the Snuff 102 VHS have been shipped out. An email has been sent to the few international customers whose orders have not been shipped, asking if they would like to wait for the hardbox and/or DVD to arrive before shipping. Postage outside of the USA is extremely high right now, so it makes sense giving customers the option to wait until everything is in hand to ship it all at once.

MV has just signed a deal with CAV Distribution. For years, we have been doing everything 100% in-house. Doing everything in-house has had its perks, but also its downfalls, like slower shipping. But with the company growing at a rapid rate, it only makes sense to not spread myself thinner than I already am and to join up with a great company who can make the fulfillment end tons easier. You will therefore now see MV DVDs for sale from all reputable online dealers and in some retail stores. The hardboxes and VHS will still be done in-house, but the more time-consuming DVDs will be handled by CAV, which should make shipping times much faster.

Now onto Black Devil Doll from Hell and Tales from the Quadead Zone news. We finished the DVDs for both films and also have finished a 45-minute documentary titled Return to the Quadead Zone: The Films of Chester N. Turner. The documentary features interviews with director Chester N. Turner and actress Shirley L. Jones. It is a rare insightful look into these two obscurities.

The Black Devil Doll from Hell and Tales from the Quadead Zone releases will feature an array of cool editions!
* VHS releases of both films with a run of 150 each. We decided to go a little past 100 units on these two due to the amount of emails we have gotten that displayed interest in them. To make the VHS releases 100 times cooler, actress and artist of the original Tales from the Quadead Zone BC Video VHS release, Shirley L. Jones, will be hand drawing custom cover art for both releases.
* Hardbox releases for both films, with two separate covers for each. Cover A for both films will be limited to 66 copies and Cover B will be limited to 34 copies. These are first come, first serve, so be sure to check back for more information on both of these.
-The standard DVD will include both films in two separate DVD cases with a cardboard slipcase.

We are currently booking screenings for Black Devil Doll from Hell and Tales from the Quadead Zone. If anyone is interested, you can contact louiscjustin@gmail.com for more information.

MV also has some other new releases in the works, including titles we have been keeping quiet about for months. It feels nice to finally be able to spread the good word!

First, we would like to announce the release of a deluxe set of the 1976 documentary, Mondo Magic! This is a film I have loved for many years, so it is great to finally give it the release it deserves! Mondo Magic will be sourced from an uncut 35mm positive print. This will be the first uncut USA release of the film!

In association with Vinegar Syndrome, we are proud to announce the release of the obscure 1988 slasher film The Changer, better known as The Nostril Picker. The release will be sourced from the original masters and will feature an array of awesome special features. This one is definitely one that fans of slasher films will not want to miss!

Lastly, we will be handling the North American DVD for the extremely controversial film Voyage to Agatis by director Marian Dora. Fans of Marian Dora’s work will be delighted to see this film completely uncut and with English subtitles for the first time ever! The disc will also feature many supplements, including an exclusive rare interview with director Marian Dora and actor Thomas Goersch.

That is all for now. We will be updating soon with more information on the Black Devil Doll from Hell and Tales from the Quadead Zone releases, as well as dates for the theatrical tour!

Last edited by bruce h; 08-24-2013 at 08:32 PM.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #21
Katatonia
Master of Doom

The Nostril Picker (The Changer) ??

Wow, I can't even remember ever having heard of that one before...it must be truly obscure. I'm game for any obscure 80's slasher though!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #22
myhorror
Victim

Not sure if anyone else might notice this or not. I see on Massacre's site that Abomination was limited to only 100, yet it seems like on a weekly basis there are always a couple of sealed copies being sold on ebay. I just find it interesting that with so few copies originally offered that there are still so many sealed tapes being sold.
myhorror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #23
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
The Nostril Picker (The Changer) ??

Wow, I can't even remember ever having heard of that one before...it must be truly obscure. I'm game for any obscure 80's slasher though!
It is a below average effort that gained popularity for its inclusion on the video nasties list. Vipco released it many years ago.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #24
russweiss
Maniac

This title is listed as 1993 on IMDB so how could it have been a video nasty?
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #25
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

The Fogelnest Files #86: Interview with Joe Rubin of Vinegar Syndrome and Louis Justin of Massacre Video.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/vineg...assacre-video/

MP3 Download Link: http://ec-media.soundcloud.com/8tpmT...lhhgRZKJlJ9pI=
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #26
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
The Fogelnest Files #86: Interview with Joe Rubin of Vinegar Syndrome and Louis Justin of Massacre Video.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/vineg...assacre-video/

MP3 Download Link: http://ec-media.soundcloud.com/8tpmT...lhhgRZKJlJ9pI=
I listened to this yesterday, and was surprised to hear I got a brief shoutout from Joe regarding Runaway Nightmare.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote