Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
zombi3
Pure Evil

The Green Inferno - New Cannibal Flick From Eli Roth

Filming begins in November. It appears this will be inspired by some of the Italian classics from the 70s and 80s:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...green-inferno/

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...green-inferno/

Looking forward to this one...
Old 10-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
rhett

Excited to see Roth back in the chair, and doing something that's not already being made by everyone these days, like found footage films, exorcisms or torture stuff (the route he'd been going lately, with the admittedly good The Last Exorcism and the Hostels). I'd love to see the Cannibal genre back and kicking, and Roth's probably as good a man as any to direct it, considering his connection with Deodato. Should be fun if it ever actually gets filmed. How many Roth flicks have been announced and never completed since 2007's Hostel Part II?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

I think he announces a new film each year but nothing ever comes out of it. I'll get excited for this movie when it's actually been filmed and completed.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
tropical marsh
Stalker

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being 'found footage'. Whatever it is, dude needs to fuckin' make it, cause horror needs a kick in the ass.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

So Eli Roth is remaking Cannibal Holocaust?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post

I LoL'd.

I never liked Roth as a director...I always found his cameos that he does in his own films to more entertaining than the film itself. Which leads me to say, I think he's a better actor than he is a director. I thought he was phenomenal in Inglorious Basterds.

However, I'm definitely looking forward to another cannibal flick. Roth may be the best option to have a go at it.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
No. Actually Gaspar Noe is rumoured to be remaking Cannibal Holocaust.

Straight from Eli Roth's mouth at a screening of Cannibal Ferox he intro'd and did a Q&A at the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto back in August.

Quote:
On other standouts in the field of cannibalism, Roth admits “My favorite of these is CANNINBAL HOLOCAUST. I think that [director, Ruggero] Deodato, even though there’s a lot of really sick stuff with the animal killings, made something so compellingly real and horrifyingly disturbing—it wasn’t until I met Deodato that I truly believed that he actually hadn’t killed people. Deodato had been talking for years about a sequel to HOLOCAUST, and I think it’s just a matter of funding. CANNIBAL METROPOLITANA, I don’t know what’s happening with it, but Deodato still works and does a lot of television stuff in Italy.” Roth then adds, “I don’t know what stage it’s in, but I do know that Gaspar Noe is doing a remake of CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. (cue chorus of boos from the audience) Roth laughs and says, “I wouldn’t boo. I’d love to see what Gaspar Noe would do with the film!”
Source: http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/mo...kq-a-much-more

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

I guess we can forget about "Thanksgiving"...
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

Roth really seems to have a thing for "body horror," which is not my idea of a good time. I think he's an intriguing director and he's doing something right to get people so emotional about his work. I'd like to see him to a supernatural horror film sometime soon.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
Undeadcow
Stalker

Most of Eli Roth's films strike me as lukewarm... but The Green Inferno is an amazing and creative title.
Undeadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
russweiss
HackMaster

However, I'm definitely looking forward to another cannibal flick. Roth may be the best option to have a go at it.[/QUOTE]

Just saw Bad Blood: The Hunger in the theater which is a cannibal film. Turns out it was made in 2006 and just now is getting a limited theatrical run. I didn't really care for it but if you like cannibal films it may be worth searching out.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
russweiss
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Most of Eli Roth's films strike me as lukewarm... but The Green Inferno is an amazing and creative title.
Green Inferno was the International English language title for Cannibal Holocaust 2 which was made in 1988.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Green Inferno Turkey.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	460.0 KB
ID:	6254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Green Inferno Pakistan.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	6255  
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #13
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

I'd love to see this, it'd be a totally untapped subgenre for basically the entire horror audience. Outside of people on forums, who has seen, or hell, even heard of something like Cannibal Holocaust? It'd be fuckin' tits to bestow something like that on an audience who has no idea.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #14
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss View Post
Green Inferno was the International English language title for Cannibal Holocaust 2 which was made in 1988.
You mean, The Catherine Miles Story, right?

Italian production and all those unrelated titles.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #15
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-boo-radley View Post
Outside of people on forums, who has seen, or hell, even heard of something like Cannibal Holocaust?
You'd actually be surprised at how many people have heard of the film. Maybe not seen it, but have heard of it. For example, I screened an uncut 35mm print of Cannibal Holocaust in 2008 and since you yourself are only a short 4.5 hours away from where I am located you know the population here, and it still remains the largest selling screening I've programmed, just 30 people shy of selling out the entire theatre. And there were at least 30 walk outs throughout as well.

But as to any other film in the cannibal sub-genre I would say that statement applies though.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado

Last edited by MorallySound; 10-30-2012 at 05:25 AM.
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote