Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Exclamation Battle Royale on US Blu-Ray and DVD from Anchor Bay!!!

This has already been announced but I wanted to to give this upcoming and highly anticipated release a thread of it's own.

Anyway details for the new release (courtesy of our good friends at Anchor Bay, proving they still got it) have been announced!:

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...-to-us-blu-ray

"Battle Royale. A title that has shocked, thrilled and unnerved audiences. A film whose fiendishly simple premise has inspired many imitations, including the upcoming The Hunger Games motion picture. Based on the 1999 global best-seller by Koushun Takami, the futuristic tale first came to the screen in 2000, directed by the legendary Kinju Fukasaku. Authors, filmmakers and film fans the world over consider the film and its 2003 sequel Battle Royale II: Requiem sacred cinematic classics. And now, fans can own them on high-definition Blu-ray and DVD!

On March 20th, Anchor Bay Entertainment proudly brings the Battle Royale: The Complete Collection to Blu-ray and DVD for the first time in North America. Featuring state-of-the-art HD transfers, hi-res audio and a wealth of bonus features that delve deep into this truly international phenomenon - the three disc Blu-ray plus bonus DVD set has an SRP of $49.99 and an SRP $44.98 for the four disc DVD. Battle Royale will also be released separately on Blu-ray for an SRP of $29.99 and DVD for an SRP of $24.98. Pre-Book on both is February 22. Battle Royale will be available digitally via select outlets including iTunes and Xbox LIVE.

42 students, Three days, One survivor – No Escape. Welcome to the world of Battle Royale!

Battle Royale

In the near future, the economy has collapsed, unemployment has soared and juvenile crime has exploded. Fearful of their nation’s youth, the Japanese government passes The BR Law: Each year, a 9th grade class is sent to a remote island where they will be locked into exploding neck collars, given a random weapon, and forced to hunt and kill each other until there is only one survivor left. Chiaki Kuriyama (Kill Bill) and screen legend Takeshi Kitano (Boiling Point, Brother) star in the movie that has been argued, acclaimed and banned around the world. More than a decade later, it remains one of the most savage, shocking and emotionally powerful films of all time. Now experience the complete Director’s Cut of Kinji Fukasaku’s uncompromising masterpiece – nominated for 10 Japanese Academy Awards® – available uncensored and unrated for the first time ever in America.

Battle Royale: The Complete Collection

In 2000, director Kinji Fukasaku unleashed Battle Royale, his violently poetic epic about an innocent group of Junior High students forced by the government to hunt and kill their classmates for sport. It was nominated for 10 Japanese Academy Awards, launched a global phenomenon, and banned from screens by frightened civic groups and distributors across America. Three years later, the equally disturbing sequel – featuring a new class, new rules, and a brutal terrorist plot by the first film’s young survivors – triggered its own tragic firestorm around the world. Now for the first time ever, you can see it all: Experience the entire Battle Royale saga on 4 discs that forever blasts open one of the most potent, shocking and savagely influential sagas in motion picture history.

Battle Royale: The Complete Collection’s four disc set in collectible high-end packaging will include:

Battle Royale Director’s Cut with both Japanese and English language tracks and English subtitles
Battle Royale Theatrical Cut with both Japanese and English language tracks and English subtitles
Battle Royale II with Japanese language and English subtitles
Battle Royale Bonus Content with Japanese language and English subtitles
SPECIAL FEATURES:

The Making Of BATTLE ROYALE
BATTLE ROYALE Press Conference
Instructional Video: Birthday Version
Audition & Rehearsal Footage
Special Effects Comparison Featurette
Tokyo International Film Festival 2000
Battle Royale Documentary
Basketball Scene Rehearsals
Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
Filming On-Set
Original Theatrical Trailer
Special Edition TV Spot
TV Spot: Tarantino Version
The Battle Royale release will include: Director’s Cut with Japanese and English language and English subtitles

With impeccable direction by three-time ‘Director of the year’ Kinji Fukasaku, and featuring high-quality acting performances from every angle, Battle Royale: The Complete Collection is as cunning as it is ruthless, offering a unique and brutal depiction of what people are capable of when imminent death is everywhere you look."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
mlock
Stalker

Looks like a great set, although I didn't like part II nearly as much as the original. Maybe they'll release them individually down the road? I heard that the English subtitle track has been recently re-translated to make certain parts make a little more sense? Either way, I look forward to eventually replacing my region 0 special edition Korean 2 disc version.

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock View Post
Looks like a great set, although I didn't like part II nearly as much as the original. Maybe they'll release them individually down the road? I heard that the English subtitle track has been recently re-translated to make certain parts make a little more sense? Either way, I look forward to eventually replacing my region 0 special edition Korean 2 disc version.
The first one is available separately on Blu-ray: Battle Royale [Blu-ray]

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
JGrendel
HackMaster

Can't wait for this one.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Never seen but always wanted to see. Going to get this when available.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
MisterTwister
HackMaster

From the looks of it the director's cut of Part 2 won't be included. A shame, really.

I know a lot of fans hated the sequel but I enjoy it, especially in it's director's cut.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
lanemyer774
Victim

The Complete Collection four blu-ray disc set is up for pre-order on Amazon for $19.99!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Bat...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
lanemyer774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
mlock
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolpitz View Post
The first one is available separately on Blu-ray: Battle Royale [Blu-ray]
Thanks for the heads-up. But amazon is selling it for $19.99 and the complete collection with all the features is currently going for $19.99 as well. Guess that's a no-brainer huh?

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

I don't usually pre-order stuff, but I do have a quick question. If I pre-order this now, it will not be charged on my card until it ships in March, correct?
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. But amazon is selling it for $19.99 and the complete collection with all the features is currently going for $19.99 as well. Guess that's a no-brainer huh?
Yeah, I just cancelled my order for the first movie on Blu-ray and placed an order for the Complete Collection Blu-ray. I've never seen the sequel, and it has its fair share of detractors, but it's essentially free at this point.

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
deepred
Maniac

I already own the UK limited edition Arrow set but I went ahead and pre-ordered this for a friend for her b-day. Great price! Thanks for the heads up.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
buck135
The Duke of New York

The sale price has ended. This had better not be another mistake where they don't honor the discount.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
The sale price has ended. This had better not be another mistake where they don't honor the discount.
Is Amazon known to do that?? Pretty lame if they don't honor it.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
lanemyer774
Victim

Son of a bitch!! I didn't pull the trigger on it
lanemyer774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Is Amazon known to do that?? Pretty lame if they don't honor it.
They had a Criterion DVD preorder on sale for a penny or a dollar (can't remember). They emailed me to say that they made a mistake. I was out of luck.

Tags
battle royale