Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #196
MisterTwister
HackMaster
 
MisterTwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,396
Watched the alternate opening.

The sequence of events is slightly changed with Drayton yellin at Leatherface happening as the Sheriff is approaching the house. Also there's a nice shot of the trucker from the original hanging from the meat hook. Fairly quick shot and it would've been nice to see it in the final cut (doesn't make since that it was cut, great nod to the original)

There's also a quick shot of Leatherface cleaning up some blood on the floor.

About it.
__________________
+6 trader.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #197
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale
 
Gore Lunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: With the worms
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
I've checked my disc twice, the footage in the unrated version isn't in the released version.

The cuts are so minimal I think you may be thinking it's there, but it's not there in it's entirety.

Again, I think it's more that these cuts are so minor, it doesn't look or appear cut - but I can assure everyone, it is.

Thanks for checking and comparing the two cuts. You pretty much cleared it up for me. Four or five seconds of extra gore still can't save this film though. Seriously, the only thing that kept me watching was the lead actress in the film. She's very
__________________
"Let it be known sons and daughters, that Satan was an acid-head. Drink from his cup, plegde yourselves and together we'll all freak out!" - Horace Bones (I Drink Your Blood)
Gore Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #198
Egg_Shen
broomhead
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,067
Pretty good, and better than the last few entries. If only she had read her grandmother's note.....
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #199
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD
 
Chomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,480
I went into Texas Chainsaw with an open mind, but I don't think the term "stupid" even begins to describe this movie..."downright absurd" sounds more fitting.

It's as if the writers threw out logic in every sense of the word completely out the window. I mean, the whole movie is so absurd and completely implausible right from the opening scene. Where the hell did all these family members come from?

I know this is just a sequel in a beloved slasher franchise, but c'mon, this was just absolutely insulting to think this is what passes as a Hollywood horror screen play these days. It's as if no effort at all was made towards making even a lick of sense.

And I don't know why you guys are bitching about this being cut/uncut. I've seen the "meat grinder" scene and all it is, is laughably bad CG...it looks like some dated 90's video game graphics. I'd actually prefer that being cut out.

I gotta check out the Tobe Hooper commentary track, there is no way he lets this film get called a direct sequel to the original.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #200
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD
 
Chomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,480
Oh yeah...and I forgot...."do your thing Cuz."

BBBBBHAHAHAAHAHAHAhhahahahahaha....!!
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #201
Mikey Horror
HackMaster
 
Mikey Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,171
Did the person or people who wrote this incredibly monumental pile of shit even bother to watch the original? This may be the most illogical and absurd horror sequel ever made. I missed half the movie due to the fact that I was rolling my eyes the whole fucking time and the "Austin Powers" way that they so cleverly hid any revelation of a year was painfully hilarious. I rented the thing and feel like I paid too much.
__________________
mikey-horror.dvdaf.com

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 05-19-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #202
Buechlers_beard
Stalker
 
Buechlers_beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Did the person or people who wrote this incredibly monumental pile of shit even bother to watch the original? This may be the most illogical and absurd horror sequel ever made. I missed half the movie due to the fact that I was rolling my eyes the whole fucking time and the "Austin Powers" way that they so cleverly hid any revelation of a year was painfully hilarious. I rented the thing and feel like I paid too much.
Quote by the director;

Luessenhop: We've taken a little bit of license with the years so that he's not 65-years-old, and that our heroine is not 40-years-old, to present a story that fits in the TEXAS world. We've taken a little bit of license with that, I'll admit, so that people don't do all the math...

And remember, Luessenhop did the the final uncredited draft of the script so I doubt the writers are really to blame here.
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #203
Mikey Horror
HackMaster
 
Mikey Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,171
Well someone is to blame. "...to present a story that fits in the TEXAS world"? What the fuck does that mean?! Does time manifest itself differently in Texas? No, it means that you were told by your bosses to market it to the teen crowd you fucking moron so just say that. Why try so hard to shoehorn in a story that no matter how hard you try obviously makes no fucking sense?! What's wrong with writing a story that does make a slight bit of sense? It's not like the plot was so goddamned original to begin with that it was just too hard to pass up so they threw logic out the window to make it fit. If they forced in a good story I could see that. Just trying to absord the idiocy of this clusterfuck of a film makes my head hurt. Who the fuck picks up a hitchhiker and then mere hours later leaves them alone in their house?! Seriously?! Bottom line is that they were so desperate to market it to the teen crowd that this was the result. Just put Leatherface in fucking space and be done with it already. That probably would have been more entertaining and logical than this thing. I've seen some bad sequels in my time but Jesus Christ, this one is LEGENDARY. I would LOVE hear Tobe Hooper's commentary on this so called film, but I would honestly rather go to the dentist than to sit through this train wreck again. Anyone listen to Hooper's commentary? There's no fucking way he could have approved of it.
__________________
mikey-horror.dvdaf.com

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 05-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #204
Crazferret
Victim
 
Crazferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
I would LOVE hear Tobe Hooper's commentary on this so called film, but I would honestly rather go to the dentist than to sit through this train wreck again. Anyone listen to Hooper's commentary? There's no fucking way he could have approved of it.
I watched the original Chainsaw AND this 'sequel' back to back WITH Tobe Hooper in attendance. He seems to be down with this movie. It could have been all PR stuff during the Q&A though. I will say he spent most of the time talking about the original flick. The guy who moderated the questions sucked though.
Crazferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #205
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD
 
Chomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,480
The amount of liberties this film takes is far over into egregious territory. And just because the film makers choose to acknowledge the more glaring issues doesn't negate the fact that its just plain lazy writing.

But the complete lack of the way in which time is preceived or the ability to establish a setting is the least of this film's problems. The biggest issue I have with the film is the fact that paints itself as a direct sequel to the original classic, yet it completely ignores the events in the film. A paper thin "family fued" is conjured up and the audience is supposed to sympathize with Leatherface and his family under the basis of what? Why is the Mayor now being portrayed as the bad guy?...because he killed a notorious family of mass murderers and cannibals? I don't get it.

Honestly...if this film would have dropped the whole family fued thing and the relative angle and just focused on body count, it would have been miles more entertaining...that's actually what I was looking forward to...but it decided to be more dumb than it really needed to be.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #206
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I went into Texas Chainsaw with an open mind, but I don't think the term "stupid" even begins to describe this movie..."downright absurd" sounds more fitting.

It's as if the writers threw out logic in every sense of the word completely out the window. I mean, the whole movie is so absurd and completely implausible right from the opening scene. Where the hell did all these family members come from?

I know this is just a sequel in a beloved slasher franchise, but c'mon, this was just absolutely insulting to think this is what passes as a Hollywood horror screen play these days. It's as if no effort at all was made towards making even a lick of sense.

And I don't know why you guys are bitching about this being cut/uncut. I've seen the "meat grinder" scene and all it is, is laughably bad CG...it looks like some dated 90's video game graphics. I'd actually prefer that being cut out.

I gotta check out the Tobe Hooper commentary track, there is no way he lets this film get called a direct sequel to the original.
That's pretty much how I feel about this. If a fan has to sit there and think "what the fuck is going on?" then you've done something wrong.
Sure there was some gore in there too but I found it to be hardly bloody or disturbing when it came to deaths. That was probably one of the more pathetic things the film had to offer. It's no wonder they took "Massacre" out of the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Well someone is to blame. "...to present a story that fits in the TEXAS world"? What the fuck does that mean?! Does time manifest itself differently in Texas?

That line had me laughing for quite some time. Texas is obviously just that different from the rest of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Honestly...if this film would have dropped the whole family fued thing and the relative angle and just focused on body count, it would have been miles more entertaining...that's actually what I was looking forward to...but it decided to be more dumb than it really needed to be.
I agree. They focused the story too much on that. They totally neglected suspense and at the very least entertaining kills.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #207
Demoni
HackMaster
 
Demoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,825
It was dumb as fuck... but provided me a good 90 minutes of good time.
__________________
Too much definition hurts my eyes because of the artificial look of things!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #208
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!
 
Myron Breck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
It was dumb as fuck... but provided me a good 90 minutes of good time.
Basically.

I knew going in that I wouldn't be getting much. The original is one of my top 5 favorite films of all time and after suffering through the some terrible sequel/reboot disappointment...well, it is what it is.

Definitely not something I will purchase.
__________________
The reason I'm poor...

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #209
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on
 
bigdaddyhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 12,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
...the audience is supposed to sympathize with Leatherface and his family under the basis of what? Why is the Mayor now being portrayed as the bad guy?...because he killed a notorious family of mass murderers and cannibals? I don't get it.
This was my biggest complaint and the only way I can make sense of it is this:
Before the asshole major or whoever started shooting first, the family was going to give Leatherface to the cops peacefully.
Still doesn't erase the fact they just killed 5-6 people! That's worse than Benghazi!
__________________
"!"

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #210
It's me, Billy
Maniac
 
It's me, Billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 563
At least TC3D did something that none of the other films did (but should have)... completely recreate Quick Hill and the farmhouse from the 1974 original and pick up where it left off. I thought that was so cool. They should have done something similar with TCM2 (1986). Instead of jumping ahead 40 years to 2013, maybe TC3D should have jumped ahead just a few years to the late 70s or early to mid 80s and had Bill Moseley in two roles (as Drayton Sawyer and Chop Top) along with Leatherface throughout the entire film. I think that would have been better received.
It's me, Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com