Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #31
Dobby
HackMaster

Just thought I'd add they are being shipped first class.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #32
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Just thought I'd add they are being shipped first class.
...which in my experience is usually just as fast (often faster) than Priority Mail.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #33
Dobby
HackMaster

Hopefully you all received your blu ray by now. Quality is top notch absolutely beautiful fantastic purchase! Having never seen this it actually lived up to all my expectations! Such a fun movie that capitalizes on the VHS craze during the 80's!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #34
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Hopefully you all received your blu ray by now.
Not yet. Looks like it'll arrive either today or tomorrow according to the tracking #

Good to hear it looks great though!

Old 03-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Agentsusp
Stalker

Mine arrived next day (it was only coming from NY to MA) and I flipped through the Blu. It looks good, not amazing (I suspect it never did being a low budget flick) but easily a really sold DVD quality, not quote a blow you away blu ray, but great. Best I've seen it look (and nice to see it in widescreen) and a really fun movie. One of my favorites from the 80s and totally overlooked.
Agentsusp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #36
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsusp View Post
Mine arrived next day (it was only coming from NY to MA) and I flipped through the Blu. It looks good, not amazing (I suspect it never did being a low budget flick) but easily a really sold DVD quality, not quote a blow you away blu ray, but great. Best I've seen it look (and nice to see it in widescreen) and a really fun movie. One of my favorites from the 80s and totally overlooked.
I wouldn't say the blu ray looks like DVD quality no way. It looks fantastic on my TV for such on old flick grain and all. The detail is stunning I can actually read allot of the VHS cases in the backgrounds.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #37
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Got mine in the mail earlier today...

Quote:
I wouldn't say the blu ray looks like DVD quality no way. It looks fantastic on my TV for such on old flick grain and all. The detail is stunning I can actually read allot of the VHS cases in the backgrounds.
Yeah, it's definitely a solid HD transfer with a lot of visible detail. There some nice natural grain visible throughout, and the Blu-ray has a high bit-rate, often averaging around 32-36 mb/s.

It's an 1080p MPEG-4 AVC encode.

There's no lossless audio, but the stereo track is very clear and dynamic.

The Blu-ray is REGION FREE. Confirmed with AnyDVD HD.

Mine is hand-numbered #84 of 1000 and Jeff signed the front cover in black permanent ink.

I forgot just how fun this movie was. Definitely money well spent!

Last edited by Katatonia; 03-30-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #39
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Thanks for the caps, Kat.

I really really want this, but I'm torn. I'm trying to be more frugal when it comes to DVD / blu-ray spending, but it's not going so well. At least I've still got my VHS.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I really really want this, but I'm torn. I'm trying to be more frugal when it comes to DVD / blu-ray spending, but it's not going so well. At least I've still got my VHS.
I'm doing pretty well myself in that...there's almost nothing I want that I haven't got already. I would definitely put my money into this because I've seen 4 Jeff Liebermans and not a single one disappointed me... but I'm broke now and I'm betting I won't get the money together in time.

I just found out Jennifer Tilly's in this... When those thousand copies run out, I'm gonna cry!
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 AM   #41
Suicide
Space Bastard!

I've had the Jeff Lieberman Paypal page sitting open for the past 6 hours but I still can't bring myself to click the checkout button. I'm trying to make up excuses to justify buying it. There doesn't appear to be any movies I need to buy for the next month, but then I am a cheap bastard, so I still can't decide.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #42
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
I've had the Jeff Lieberman Paypal page sitting open for the past 6 hours but I still can't bring myself to click the checkout button. I'm trying to make up excuses to justify buying it. There doesn't appear to be any movies I need to buy for the next month, but then I am a cheap bastard, so I still can't decide.
You'll be kicking yourself once it sells out.

Somebody over at Blu-ray.com tried to order more than 2 copies in different orders, and got refunded. Jeff is apparently closely watching to make sure the Twilight Time scalpers don't rape everybody on ebay.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #43
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
You'll be kicking yourself once it sells out.

Somebody over at Blu-ray.com tried to order more than 2 copies in different orders, and got refunded. Jeff is apparently closely watching to make sure the Twilight Time scalpers don't rape everybody on ebay.
Yeah, I'll probably grab it when I get up tomorrow. I can always sell it later (for a non-rapey price) if I don't like the movie as much as I think I did. Of course I find out a new Arsis album is coming out so I have to get the t-shirt bundle of that next month, so I'll be dropping like $65 in the span of two minutes tomorrow.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #44
crikan
HackMaster

I finally got around to watching the REMOTE CONTROL VHS I picked up last year for $5. After a really entertaining fist act it slowly loses steam and before coming to a forgettable conclusion. This feels like one of those films that was meant to be viewed on a clean VHS. The film revolves around renting a VHS tape. Add to that, there isn't much in the way of impressive visuals or interesting cinematography and the soundtrack isn't great.

Its worth seeing as a rental or for less than $10, but $30+ is for diehards that know what there getting into. I can't imagine there will be many people that will be satisfied paying $30+ as a blind buy.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
I can't imagine there will be many people that will be satisfied paying $30+ as a blind buy.
I know there's been at least one person in this thread who was totally satisfied paying $30+ for this as blind buy. They loved the film.