Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-01-2002, 11:18 PM   #1
hogtown73

Cube

I've yet to see "Cube". Is it worth watching?
Old 01-02-2002, 12:35 AM   #2
Cujo108

Thumbs up CUBE= Classic!

Hell yeah its worth seeing! It is excellent to the extreme, one of the best films of the 90s! Go check it out NOW!
Old 01-02-2002, 01:00 AM   #3
dirkwu
Bannable Lector

A great movie that held up till the end. Very well done.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:35 AM   #4
aoiookami
Demon Fetishist

great movie. For such a low budget, it was done extremely well! The feeling of dread and caution is definately there when you're watching it. I just wish there was more background on the people, and how they got trapped in the cube in the first place (it says nothing about how they got there)
take care
Old 01-02-2002, 12:39 PM   #5
hogtown73

Thanks guys,that'll be my next rental. If I can't find it ,since the opinions are so favorable,I may just buy it. The DVD seems packed with enough extras.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:11 PM   #6
2D4EVER

Is there an alternate ending on the DVD? I didn't really like the ending they used. And I would have liked them to explain the whole "Cube" more. But it was good. A little slow but good. That scene in the beginning is cool as hell though. Ouch. That must sting.

Later all...
Old 01-02-2002, 09:32 PM   #7
Mattster

The truth behind the cube was purposely left out because the director wanted to emphasize the characters' fear of not knowing how they got there.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:41 PM   #8
Vamp

I saw this on the SciFi channel late a few years ago... I *could* be wrong, but wasn't someone in the Cube one of the people who made the plans to build the Cube for the government?

It was a year or two ago, and late at night, so I could be wrong.. It was a decent movie though, but I disliked the ending.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:46 PM   #9
Mattster

Quote:
Originally posted by Vamp
I saw this on the SciFi channel late a few years ago... I *could* be wrong, but wasn't someone in the Cube one of the people who made the plans to build the Cube for the government?

It was a year or two ago, and late at night, so I could be wrong.. It was a decent movie though, but I disliked the ending.
He helped design part of it but he didn't know what it was or who asked him to do it.
Old 01-03-2002, 05:50 AM   #10
Maupin

Possible Spoiler!

Possible Spiler

I really enjoyed this movie. One of the better ideas (that I wished they had touched upon more) was that the cube had kind of built itself, out of bureaucracy. I too was disappointed with the ending, though I still think it's an excellent movie.

There were ideas to make a sequel called Cube 2: Hypercube, about people trapped in a 4th dimensional cube with strange physics, but I don't know if it will ever be made.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:28 PM   #11
Plexzol87

I loved this film, I saw it last year on the Sci-fi channel in Pan&scan. The movie rocked sometime sooner or later I'll buy this flick on DVD. It's on my wish list. very tense so Id give it a 10.
*SPOILER ALERT*
I also liked that the least intelligent charecter was the one who made it out of the cube, and not the 2 other survivors.
I also liked that they may have not even been in our time at all.
(you never see the outside world.) this film reminded me of Staurt Gordan's Fortress. But this film was better (cause jeffrey combs died to quickly in Fortress and he died without his glasses which made me feel bad, cause I have glasses and I know how it feels to loose em'.)
So I'd buy it so you should too!!!
Old 01-03-2002, 09:41 PM   #12
Mattster

Re: Possible Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally posted by Maupin
Possible Spiler
There were ideas to make a sequel called Cube 2: Hypercube, about people trapped in a 4th dimensional cube with strange physics, but I don't know if it will ever be made.
It's already been made. It's coming to video and DVD this June.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:32 PM   #13
dirkwu
Bannable Lector

All the names of the characters represent names of prisons: Holloway, San Quentin, Kazan, Leven-Worth, Rennes, Alderson

There should haver been a character named Strangeways.
Old 01-05-2002, 05:05 AM   #14
Maupin

Matt85, I didn't know the sequel was completed. I'll be looking forward to seeing it this summer. I do hope the sequel goes into more detail about the origin of the cubes...
Old 01-06-2002, 07:53 AM   #15
Wermode
Stalker

I really enjoy The Cube, and it has one of my favorite commentary tracks, too.

This film was made on a paper thin budget, but had the support of a creative community--many of whom volunteered their time and talent to make it work. Like most people here, I suspect, I would have liked more gore (like the treat in the beginning), but what gore The Cube does have is done right, and they simply couldn't afford any more effects.

Go get it.
Wermode is offline   Reply With Quote