Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 07-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
deepred
Maniac

Twin Peaks coming to blu-ray

Quote:
Speaking of which, work on Twin Peaks: The Complete Series on Blu-ray is also well under way at CBS, with a release expected in time for the end of the year or early next. Multiple sources tell us that a deal has been made to allow the inclusion of David Lynch’s Fire Walk with Me film in the package, so fan will at long last be treated to a truly complete set.
Source

More good news!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
X-human
I ate my keys

Sherilyn Fenn in HD!

I'm amazed they're including Fire Walk with Me. Although the first act of Fire Walk is simply dreadful the Laura Palmer parts are some of Lynch's very best stuff.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

If this includes all/any of the rumored footage from FWWM I am going to be out of my mind with joy.

I mean, sure, I'm going to buy it regardless but...

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Egg_Shen
broomhead

And I just sold off my DVD set. I doubt it'll include the deleted FWWM scenes. Lynch has said in the past that the scenes need work done to them before he'd want them released, and the studios didn't seem to keen on forking over any cash for a restoration. But who knows? All kinds of stuff seems to be coming out lately.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #5
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Great news! Glad I waited so long on the complete series DVD.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
othervoice1
HackMaster

I would definitely like to pick this up - just depends how expensive it will be at launch
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Great news! Glad I waited so long on the complete series DVD.
Same here. Although I'll probably wait until the price for the BD set is more affordable.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
chancetx
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Sherilyn Fenn in HD!

I'm amazed they're including Fire Walk with Me. Although the first act of Fire Walk is simply dreadful the Laura Palmer parts are some of Lynch's very best stuff.
Funny, I actually enjoy the first 30 minutes of FWWM with Chris Isaak and Kiefer Sutherland more than the Laura Palmer stuff. It's strange and funny and, ironically, captures the tone of the TV series better than the rest of the film.

Laura Palmer's story is soooo bleak that once the movie moves back to Twin Peaks and focuses on her that it becomes a heavy chore to sit through. Also, Moira Kelly is a very poor substitute for Lara Flynn Boyle. I'd love to see some of the deleted scenes because I think they would have helped lighten up the film in spots.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Kind of a minor complaint, but I miss the "previously on" recap from the show. Hopefully they'll be back on the Blu ray.
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancetx View Post
Funny, I actually enjoy the first 30 minutes of FWWM with Chris Isaak and Kiefer Sutherland more than the Laura Palmer stuff. It's strange and funny and, ironically, captures the tone of the TV series better than the rest of the film.

Laura Palmer's story is soooo bleak that once the movie moves back to Twin Peaks and focuses on her that it becomes a heavy chore to sit through. Also, Moira Kelly is a very poor substitute for Lara Flynn Boyle. I'd love to see some of the deleted scenes because I think they would have helped lighten up the film in spots.
I enjoyed the first 30 minutes too but thought the quirky humor of the show would not work for the part where it focuses on Laura's story of the last few days of her life. I am glad he went with a bleak tone because
Spoiler:
being raped by one's father
is a bleak and disturbing subject and I think trying to lighten that up would not have worked well.

I agree about Moira Kelly - she stuck out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by deepred; 07-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #11
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Twin Peaks: The Complete Series & Fire Walk With Me in the same package. What could be better? Fantastic news! One of my all-time favorite shows. Can't wait!
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
thrashard76
Thrash or be Thrashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
Twin Peaks: The Complete Series & Fire Walk With Me in the same package. What could be better? Fantastic news! One of my all-time favorite shows. Can't wait!
I still have Fire.. on VHS so this will be a real upgrade.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #13
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Eddy View Post
Kind of a minor complaint, but I miss the "previously on" recap from the show. Hopefully they'll be back on the Blu ray.
Totally agree, and they also had the best teasers at the end of each episode on ABC using just a few random sound bites and cryptic still frames (which weren't always from the same scene).

They also need to port over the season one commentaries from the Artisan set and maybe add some new ones.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #14
Number Six
I am not a number...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiephantom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Eddy View Post
Totally agree, and they also had the best teasers at the end of each episode on ABC using just a few random sound bites and cryptic still frames (which weren't always from the same scene).

They also need to port over the season one commentaries from the Artisan set and maybe add some new ones.
I'm only a recent Twin Peaks fan, having just watched it about this time last year, via Netflix. Missed it entirely during its original broadcast run. But if the blus were as stacked as all of the above, I'd snatch one up at release guaranteed!

You hear me, powers-that-be?? GUARANTEED!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:04 AM   #15
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

http://www.bustle.com/articles/11851...the-series-end

Are you ready to get weird again? Because David Lynch is ready to get weird (continuously). In that he seems to be gearing up to film more Twin Peaks. So there’s that. Are you ready? We’re not sure if we’re ready. In the finale episode of Twin Peaks Laura Palmer tells Kyle MacLachlan’s Special Agent Dale Cooper that she will see him again in 25 years. That series was set in 1989 (though it aired ‘90-‘91), so 25 five years from then is…well, right about now. 2014, to be exact, so in fact it’s exactly now. Oh god. What does it mean.

For now it means that David Lynch is totally filming new Twin Peaks footage. There’s a casting call and everything! It includes the term “HOT Caucasian girl,” which is a term that should at once be used all the time and never ever again. Via Sande Alessi Casting and Welcome To Twin Peaks, here’s the call itself:

TWIN PEAKS PROMO. Directed by David Lynch. Shoots in Los Angeles on Tuesday, January 7, 2014. Prob a 6 hour or less day. Rate is 150/8. You must live in LA to submit. I don’t think SAG has jurisdiction on this, so SAG and NON can submit. I have called SAG to double check this and I am awaiting a call back to confirm.

HOT Caucasian girl – BRUNETTE OR REDHEADS ONLY to play waitress. Age 18-27. MUST have an amazing body. Busty, very period looking face. Please submit two current color photos (one body shot, one face shot), your sizes, union status and contact info to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com.

Most of the speculation right now seems to revolve around this being a thing in service of the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray set that is occurring soon, which would make sense.

Make of this what you will, Twin Peaks fans, and revel in the general weirdness that will undoubtedly occur in the audition room for whatever actresses get the chance to try their hand at this.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote