Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 04-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Mondo Macabro goes Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Macabro
Here's the first of two new title announcements. Straight from the "Something you weren't expecting" department: a brand new(ish) film! THE DEVIL'S BUSINESS is an indie UK horror/crime film from 2012, very dark, very grim. We think you guys are going to love it.

https://www.facebook.com/mondomacabr...&stream_ref=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Macabro
Devil's Business will be a Blu Ray release.
https://www.facebook.com/mondomacabr...al_comments=18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Ray.com
Independent U.S. distributors Mondo Macabro have confirmed that they will begin releasing on Blu-ray. Their first release will be Sean Hogan's horror film The Devil's Business (2011), starring Billy Clarke, Jack Gordon, and Jonathan Hansler. The release is expected to arrive on the U.S. market later this year.

Synopsis: Two hit men, veteran Pinner (Billy Clarke) and the fumbling new guy, Cully (Jack Gordon), are ordered to take out one of their former associates. While the target is out on the town, the two stake out in his house. As boredom kicks in, Cully requests Pinner tell a story of his past. Pinner chooses a dark and haunting one. He tells Cully about Valentina, a stripper that he and his associates were ordered to take out - and not to dinner. Pinner brings out the demons - first figuratively, then literally - as he unfolds the story of a love affair gone awry. The supernatural suggestions of Pinne''s story put Cully on edge and when they see occult symbols on an investigation of the rest of the house, their imaginations turn towards the sinister. They slowly realize their target isn't exactly who he seems to be; this job isn't going to be as easy as they first assumed; and their perceived upper-hand in the situation begins to quickly reverse. The Devil's Business marks the second directorial feature from writer/director, Sean Hogan (he also directed the opening segment for 2011's Little Deaths horror anthology).
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13702
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
dave13
HackMaster

It's great that they're getting into blu ray, but the fact that it's a new film means its kind of an empty gesture. If they release something like Silip - Daughters of Eve or Alucarda, then I'll be impressed.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #3
f.ramses
Maniac

Granted it's only a DVD and there is no BD, you can buy this movie for next to nothing on Amazon UK right now...
Old 04-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
Granted it's only a DVD and there is no BD, you can buy this movie for next to nothing on Amazon UK right now...
Doesn't seem to be much middle ground in those reviews; either they love it or they absolutely hated it.

I cherish the Mondo Macabro I have, so I'm guessing I'll be in the "love it" column. I'll give it a blind buy.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:07 AM   #5
X-human
I ate my keys

Press releases:
Quote:
On September 9 we liberate THE SLAVE!

Blu Ray and DVD Combo Pack
Label: Mondo Macabro
Pre-book: 8/12/14 Streets: 9/9/14 SRP: $29.95
UPC: 843276015596 Cat: MDO155 Run Time: 100 Minutes
In Italian with English subtitles. Genre: Cult/Erotica
Color. 2.35:1 anamorphic 16:9. Region One
Director: Paquale Festa Campanile
Stars: Haydee Politoff, Rosanna Schiaffino, Romolo Valli, Gabriele Tinti
Production year: 1969 Rated: NR
Silvia (Haydee Politoff) is young, beautiful and rich. She has everything - except the bondage and humiliation she craves to fulfil her erotic yearnings. Margaret (Rosanna Schiaffino) is a legendary movie star who loves to wade thigh high in
10,000 lira bank notes - and who is only too happy to give Silvia what she wants.
In a strange, secluded house in Rome, the two women create a bizarre private world where Silvia’s fantasies become real, as Margaret turns her into a slave, a plaything of flesh, subject to the whims of an all powerful owner who can use her in any way she desires.
Pasquale Festa Campanile (Hitch-Hike) directs a masterpiece of decadence, packed with sumptuous and shocking images .

Bonus Features include:
Brand new transfer from film negative;
Interview with critic Roberto Curti;
Justin Harries of Filmbar 70
on Italian genre cinema;
Interactive filmographies;
Trailers;
Deleted scenes;
Mondo Macabro previews;
Quote:
On October 14, we get down to THE DEVIL'S BUSINESS!

Blu Ray and DVD Combo Pack
Label: Mondo Macabro
Pre-book: 9/16/14 Streets: 10/14/14 SRP: $29.95
UPC: 843276015695 Cat: MDO156 Run Time: 75 Minutes
In English. Genre: Horror
Color. 1.78:1 anamorphic 16:9. Region All
Director: Sean Hogan
Stars: Billy Clarke, Jack Gordon, Jonathan Hansler, Harry Miller
Production year: 2011 Rated: NR
Veteran hitman Pinner (Billy Clarke) and his young, inexperienced ward Cully (Jack Gordon) break into a house at night, awaiting the return of owner Kist (Jonathan Hansler) whom their gangland boss Bruno (Harry Miller) wants dead, with no questions asked.

As midnight approaches, Pinner keeps the nervous Cully entertained with an eerie story about a previous hit he had carried out on a beautiful striptease dancer. Before he can finish his tale, a sound from outside the house draws them into the night, and to a horrifying discovery that plunges them into the shadowy darkness of their own tortured souls.
The Devil hasn’t finished with them yet…
Bonus Features include:
Interview with writer/director Sean Hogan
and producer Jennifer Handorf
Director and Producer audio commentary
Interview with actor Billy Clarke
Interview with composer Justin Greaves
Behind the Scenes
Music videos Crippled Black Phoenix and Se Delan
Outtakes
Mondo Macabro trailers
http://mondomacabrodvd.blogspot.com/...-goes-blu.html

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
f.ramses
Maniac

I'm glad to see that their first BD will be more in line with the majority of the movies they put out on DVD, instead of a newer movie. The Slave is a sure buy for me. The Devil's Business, not so much. Picked up that UK DVD and really wanted to like it, but it sucked. :/
Old 09-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #7
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Ray.com
Independent U.S. distributors Mondo Macabro have revealed that they are preparing for Blu-ray release Juan López Moctezuma's Alucarda (1977) starring Claudio Brook, David Silva, and Tina Romero, and Bruno Gantillon's Girl Slaves of Morgana Le Fay (1971), starring Dominique Delpierre, Alfred Baillou, and Mireille Saunin. Preliminary street dates for these upcoming releases have not yet been revealed.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A., Mondo Macabro Insider
Just a brief clarification about the MM news story on the front page.

GIRL SLAVES is a lock, definitely happening. But ALUCARDA is still in the early stages; we are looking into getting access to the negative. If we can get our hands on that, and if they are still in good condition, then we are a go for a BD upgrade for sure.

Hopefully,there will be a couple of other things we can announce in the not-too distant future as well.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=53
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #8
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

A pair of positive reviews for Mondo Macabro's Blu of THE SLAVE:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/slave.html

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Sl...104409/#Review

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo macabro