Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #121
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
I just sat down with The Incredible Melting Man, and I can honestly say that I've never enjoyed it more - the Scream Factory release looks and sounds as good as the movie probably ever has
Has anyone else noticed that this isn't, in fact, a Scream Factory release? It's under the Shout! banner. Anybody know why that is? (sorry if this was brought up earlier, I can't be bothered to comb through the entire thread)
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #122
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
And I do not agree with Jamie Lee Curtis...it is very well made.
Agreed!

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #123
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that this isn't, in fact, a Scream Factory release? It's under the Shout! banner. Anybody know why that is? (sorry if this was brought up earlier, I can't be bothered to comb through the entire thread)
It's a Shout! packaging error, roughly along the lines of the Captain America Colleector's edition Blu-Ray they released earlier this year or a reference to Robert Ebert on the back of one of the titles. They apparently repeated this same error for Q.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #124
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
It's a Shout! packaging error, roughly along the lines of the Captain America Colleector's edition Blu-Ray they released earlier this year or a reference to Robert Ebert on the back of one of the titles. They apparently repeated this same error for Q.
interesting. but now I am forced (forced!) to file it with my standard Shout! Factory blu rays, rather than the Scream Factory blu rays that occupy the shelf space directly beside them.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #125
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
I'd have to look, but I think they also put blu-ray / DVD combo on the slipcover for The Howling, even though it is blu-ray only.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #126
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I'd have to look, but I think they also put blu-ray / DVD combo on the slipcover for The Howling, even though it is blu-ray only.
Yes, though I think I heard they corrected it on subsequent pressings. They really do need another set or a better set of eyes to proofread their packaging before these things go out.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:38 AM   #127
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
If ever a movie delivered on its title, it's William Sachs' THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN (1977), coming to Blu-Ray from Scream Factory. After being flashed by the rings of Saturn, astronaut Steve West returns to Earth only to find his once-human physique dissolving at an increasingly rapid pace, dropping globs of goo wherever he treads. Naturally, the only way to slow his degeneration into an amorphous mess is the consumption of human meat; lucky for him there's a veritable smorgasbord of fat nurses, goofy fishermen and sleazy photographers to munch on. Can the government find Steve and cover their space slip-up before it's too late? A supremely slimy throwback to the sci-fi programmers of the '50s, MELTING MAN features some great fx work from a young Rick Baker and a surprise appearance from Rainbeaux Smith as a reluctant skin model. No word yet on what extras Shout have lined up.

Currently down to $8.99 at Amazon.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote