Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I actually enjoyed the first 4, Part 5 was okay, liked Part 6 more than Part 5. Part 7 and 8 haven't viewed that many times compared to the first 4 Friday The 13ths, even though I have the DVD of all 8 from Paramount, and I do own Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday on DVD. I do own the Blu-Ray of the first 3, but the Blu-Ray of Part 3 is not in 3D. My mom taught me well, concerning horror films. That was pretty much what we saw at the movie theaters from 1978 through about 1985, when the ticket prices were much lower.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #17
YottNik
Pay the price!

Way too young. Him and Steve Dash were my favorites. In part 3 when he drops the spear gun on the dock is exactly why he was a great Jason.

"Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves." -- Peart

"They call me Slick."
YottNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
mlock
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
R.I.P.
Coincidentally, Brooker passed away on the 58th birthday of Kane Hodder.
Really? Crazy! R.I.P. Mr. Brooker. Wish I had the chance to meet him at a convention.

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #19
Rft183
Victim

That's really sad. When I think of Jason, it's Richard Brooker's that I think of. Rest in Peace...
Rft183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 AM   #20
ReelFear
Maniac

Very sorry to hear this news. Here is a video from Monster Mania 12, where Richard Brooker attended. You can see him talking about how the infamous hockey mask was introduced. His part is about 2:55 in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHp5JSUm7yk
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
fart_mike
Victim

his last convention was in nashville, just a week before he passed away, it's just weird that my girlfriend and i walked past his table, then, blam, she reads this news...he was sitting next to steve dash and adrienne king...i had met him a few years ago at another convention in nashville, and he kinda rubbed me the wrong way, so, as much as i am a friday the 13th super-nerd, and i love his performance, the guy was a stinker, to me at least...weird that the super-sweet ted white (who gave my daughter a free still and autograph, but looked to be in bad health) outlived richard brooker...
i presented him with a part 3 hock to sign, and in front of my girlfriend and our 7 year old daughter, he said "where did you get this? i bet you paid too much for it." then turned to these 2 guys behind his table and chuckled...i felt my blood pressure rise...my girlfriend didn't understand paying someone that much money in the first place, now she had to hear me belittled by one of my "horror heroes"...the mask wasn't a family dollar plastic job, or anything...thick ABS plastic and a commendable paint job (i've since sanded and redone the entire thing using stills from the dvd as reference, using mr. brooker's "constructive criticism" as motivation, so thanks richard, for that, at least)...if someone thought highly enough of my work to pay me 20 dollars for my signature, decades after said work was released, i'd be humble and very thankful...
fart_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #22
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fart_mike View Post
his last convention was in nashville, just a week before he passed away, it's just weird that my girlfriend and i walked past his table, then, blam, she reads this news...he was sitting next to steve dash and adrienne king...i had met him a few years ago at another convention in nashville, and he kinda rubbed me the wrong way, so, as much as i am a friday the 13th super-nerd, and i love his performance, the guy was a stinker, to me at least...weird that the super-sweet ted white (who gave my daughter a free still and autograph, but looked to be in bad health) outlived richard brooker...
i presented him with a part 3 hock to sign, and in front of my girlfriend and our 7 year old daughter, he said "where did you get this? i bet you paid too much for it." then turned to these 2 guys behind his table and chuckled...i felt my blood pressure rise...my girlfriend didn't understand paying someone that much money in the first place, now she had to hear me belittled by one of my "horror heroes"...the mask wasn't a family dollar plastic job, or anything...thick ABS plastic and a commendable paint job (i've since sanded and redone the entire thing using stills from the dvd as reference, using mr. brooker's "constructive criticism" as motivation, so thanks richard, for that, at least)...if someone thought highly enough of my work to pay me 20 dollars for my signature, decades after said work was released, i'd be humble and very thankful...
He was quite rude to me at Scarefest a couple of years ago, but I guess everybody can have a bad day once in a while.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote