Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
spawningblue
Deadite

Best Trailer Compilations?

So I just ordered the Shock Festival set and is wondering what other trailer compilations are out there and worth picking up. There seems to be a lot of these but trying to find reviews on them can be quite hard. Here's a list of some that I have found. Are any of these worth buying? Any more that I may have missed?

42nd Street Forever Vol. 1-5, XXX-Treme (2005-2009) - These seem to be the best when it comes to quality and variety.

Ban 1 Productions presents 42nd Street Forever!, Vol. 1 (2004) - The start of 42nd Street Forever?

Trailer Trash (2004) - Sounds like a decent mix.

Trailers from Hell - The Best Of, Vol. 1 (2010) - This sounds interesting. A bunch of trailers picked by Directors such as Landis, Garris, Dante, ect. They also include commentaries over them as well. Unfortunately looks like the trailers have watermarks over them.

Festival of Fright 1, 2 and 3 (2006-2008) - These sounds pretty good although I believe they have watermarks on them and the third one is a DVD-R.

Grindhouse Universe (2007) - Seems good but it was only limited to 1000 (Or was it 500?) I believe so quite hard to find now.

Trailer Trash! (2008) and Trailer Trash Part 2: Grindhouse Sleaze Sampler (2008) - These don't sound too good as they are just trailers for their company's low budget films. Other then Slime City are there any other trailers worth watching?

Coming Distractions (2004) - Comp. of Troma Trailers.

Full Moon Pictures 45 Title Trailer Reel (2000) - Came with the Puppet Masters boxset.

Hammer Trailer Collection, The: 20 Terrifying Trailers from the House of Hammer (1999) - Came with the Blood from the Mummy's Tomb DVD, hard to find now though.

Extra Weird Sampler (2003) - Over a 100 trailers. Don't know if I would really care for the clips of films mixed in though, or the watermarks.

Cheezy Horror Trailers Vol. 1 and 2, Cheezy Fantasy Trailers, Cheezy Sci Fi Trailers 1 and 2, Cheezy Exploitation Trailers, Cheezy Action Trailers (2006-2009) - Bootlegs? Apparently these repeat trailers, even on the same discs! What's the quality like and what trailers are included?

Reflections of Evil (2002) - Couldn't find much info about this disc.

Fantasic Movie Trailers 1-5 (2009-2010) - Any idea if these are any good? Looks like these are DVD-Rs which may speak for their quality.

Horror and Sci-Fi Coming Attractions ! A Collection of Classic Movie Trailers (2009) - Sounds okay.

Destination Earth: Alien Invaders (2009) - 50 Sci Fi Trailers. Not sure of quality though.

Destination Outer Space (2009) - 50 Sci Fi Trailers. Not sure of quality though.

Festival of 3-D Movie Trailers - The World 3-D Film Expo (2003) - A trailer for various 3D movies released in theaters. Unfortunately it sounds like only a few of them are actually in 3D which kind of defeats the purpose. I guess it is nice to have them all on one DVD though.

Afro Promo - Black Cinema Trailers 1946-1976 (1997) - A compilation of Blaxploitation films. Could be fun.

The Film Critics: Top 100 Films of All Time- The Greatest Collection of Movie Trailers (2004) - Probably not too much horror, but could be interesting. Sounds like the list is just some guys favorites though, not official or anything.

Coming Attractions Time! A Collection of Classic Movie Trailers (2009) - Any good?

More Coming Attractions Time! A Collection of Classic Movie Trailers (2009) - Any good?

A Fistful of Trailers - 36 International Trailers of Spaghetti Westerns (2000) - Sounds like a good way to check out some lost Spaghetti Western classics. OOP now though.

For a Few Previews More - 36 More International Trailers of Spaghetti Westerns (2003) - More lost classics. OOP as well i believe.

Attack of the 80s (2007) - Sounds pretty good although it is a bootleg. I wonder how the quality is?

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 06-30-2010 at 09:28 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

My favorite is The Best of Sex & Violence (1981) which I own on DVDR. Sadly it was never released on DVD.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Reflections of Evil isn't quite what you think. It's a massive repulsive and brilliant horror/experimental film done completely DIY on film. It probably had shown up in your research only because there are several clips and trailers used throughout. Honestly, it is one of my favorite films, although I have not seen the distributed copy (which trust me, I know can't be as good). Only the earlier, let's not give a damn about copyright version.

Now, as far as trailer compilations go. the Extra Weird Sampler is crucial if you like that sort of thing. It really is a damn good release.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

On Grindhouse Universe, is that the one from the Creators of 42nd Street Forever. If so, I didn't know that it was a Limited Edition release. I purchased it when it was originally released. I also own the Extra Weird from Something Weird, and 42nd Street Forever, Volumes 1-5. Just wish there were more trailer comps. out on DVD. I love all those horror movie trailers.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
crikan
HackMaster

I may not be the best to comment but I really enjoy the two I have bought despite them being so pricey.

42nd Street Forever, Volume 3: Exploitation Explosion
42nd Street Forever - XXX-Treme Special Edition
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
MorallySound
There is no magic.

All the Ban-1 comps are worth owning (but all are OOP and very limited). These include 42nd Street Forever, Vol.1 (the original, not the Synapse partnership re-imagining), Grindhouse Universe, and Smut Palace Insanity.

Of course all the Synapse 42nd Street's are all worth owning.

I have a few others as well, such as Shock Festival (which is cool, but does contain a LOT of recycled material from the other comps I have that came out before it), the radio spots are awesome though. Other good ones include (but you'll need bootlegs since they were VHS or DVD-rs) The Best of Sex and Violence, Mad Ron's Prevues from Hell, Terror on Tape, Cumming Soon, etc. etc.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123 View Post
On Grindhouse Universe, is that the one from the Creators of 42nd Street Forever. If so, I didn't know that it was a Limited Edition release. I purchased it when it was originally released.
Yeah it was released from Ban 1 Productions and was limited to 1000 copies. There is actually a thread dedicated to it on here.

http://www.horrordigital.com/vb3foru...hlight=trailer

My Movie Collection

Old 07-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
Erick H.
HackMaster

I've enjoyed the 42nd STREET compilations.Haven't seen some of the others though the TRAILERS FROM HELL set is fun.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #10
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Mad Ron's Prevues from Hell
Coming to DVD in September

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
dolemite
Stalker

Trailer Trash 2 has Misty Mundae's Vampire Strangler trailer. Shows Misty showing off her oral skills.
dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
Jeff Dolniak

Nice to see all the trailer love! The three Ban 1 dvds are out of print but everybody please continute to grab the Synapse releases. We're collaborating on the 42nd street forever blu ray that has LOTS of new stuff in High Def. Cant divulge anymore details . Don May will do that when its time, but its going to be pretty amazing.

As for comp faves , my personal fave from years ago was "Mad Rons Prevues from Hell". It kinda started my itch for exploitation and horror trailers. You can kinda see our cheesy as hell homage in the Smut Palace disc.

Jeff
Ban 1
Old 07-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #13
Criswell
HackMaster

I dont know if anyone remembers a grey market boot company called Threat Theatre? Dear me, they had some savage shit in their collection and the owner Todd who went on to make films like the Necro Files put together some stunningly shocking compilations.

This guy ws on the edge when it came to horror, exploitation and weird stuff.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dolniak View Post
Nice to see all the trailer love! The three Ban 1 dvds are out of print but everybody please continute to grab the Synapse releases. We're collaborating on the 42nd street forever blu ray that has LOTS of new stuff in High Def. Cant divulge anymore details . Don May will do that when its time, but its going to be pretty amazing.

As for comp faves , my personal fave from years ago was "Mad Rons Prevues from Hell". It kinda started my itch for exploitation and horror trailers. You can kinda see our cheesy as hell homage in the Smut Palace disc.

Jeff
Ban 1
A 42nd Street Forever Blu Ray would be awesome! Any idea when it may come out, by the end of the year hopefully?

As for Mad Rons Prevues from Hell, it looks like it will be coming out on DVD Sept. 14th from Virgil Films. Looks pretty damn good!

My Movie Collection

Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
fceurich39
HackMaster

i read somewhere that grindhouse releasing was supposed to release this on dvd way back in 2000 or 2001 also i remember seeing the trailer on i drink your blood dvd i believe i think it is cool it is coming out finally actually tomorrow
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote