Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
Spacevis
Boo-urns!

Daily life of a horror fan

In my line of work I often attend conferences, symposia, etc. I regularly get e-mails announcing the annual meeting of this or that society and every single time I receive an e-mail in my mailbox bearing a subject which more or less resembles the following: "Annual Meeting of blah blah blah", I think of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIhNsWfCnqM

So, my question to you guys: How often does it happen to you that trivial events in daily life trigger the memory of a scene from some horror movie? How strongly has your mind been perverted by ceaseless horror movie watching?

P.S.: It happens to me even more frequently with simpsons scenes, but I'm specifically interested in how horror movie scenes are triggered!

<<< DVDs Last.FM >>>
Spacevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
Steel76
HackMaster

Things in my daily life often reminds me of stuff from Monty Python
When ever I get in a boring/odd/weird situation, I usually pull a delivery from that show to myself

Though I have to admit, that everytime, we go to the lake, I enter a barn, find power tools, etc. I can't stop pulling a slasher movie joke.
As stupid teens, we couldn't resist going all "Leatherface", whenever we started the chainsaw

Okey, okey.... we still do it from time to time, like this party at my place a couple of years ago, where I went all Chainsaw Charlie on my guests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEqwpsO2fAU

Don't worry folks, there was no chain on it

Last edited by Steel76; 07-29-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Steel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Erick H.
HackMaster

My friends and I quote horror stuff constantly, the lines can be triggered by almost anything. I love to drop a little Vincent Price, Peter Cushing or Donald Pleasance into mundane situations. It amuses me when I get bored with trivial nonsense.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick H. View Post
My friends and I quote horror stuff constantly, the lines can be triggered by almost anything. I love to drop a little Vincent Price, Peter Cushing or Donald Pleasance into mundane situations. It amuses me when I get bored with trivial nonsense.
I've shouted "I shot him six times!" on more than enough occasions in public with company for no particular reason. Fear and Loathing and Big Trouble in Little China quotes often come out often as well. Not to get slightly off track Spacevis, but I would love to visit Belgium due to its magnificent beauty that was displayed in the film "In Bruges."
Old 07-30-2015, 12:33 AM   #5
Copyboy
Maniac

Sadly, the trivial events in my daily life bring me back to Office Space, The Office, He was A Quiet Man and Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

My life sucks.
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:38 AM   #6
dave13
HackMaster

For me, it's Disney princess movies and kids shows on youtube like Dora, Sofia, or Bubble Guppies.

My coworkers and I play Clash of Clans on our phones, and every time it displays the "Preparation Day" announcement, I hear Anna from Frozen saying it all excited like when she says "It's coronation day!"
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:47 AM   #7
Paul_s
Stalker

Yesterday it was garbage collection day.... so Wednesday's are always dedicated to Silent Night Deadly Night 2

I constantly hope my local gym someday have a makeover like that of the set in Death Spa (obviously minus the killer )
Paul_s is offline   Reply With Quote