Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #46
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
Has anyone received their Vincent Price Collection yet from Groupon? Just wondering if they are packaged decently and arriving undamaged? I tracked mine this morning. Looks like it will arrive tomorrow. Glad to be getting this ahead of the 10/22 street date.
Mine says "Out for Delivery" today, so hopefully it should show up within a few hours here.

I'm really pleasantly surprised that they shipped them out so early! I thought perhaps they'd wait until the release date and then ship them or something.

Did you receive yours yet?
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #47
satans-sadists
Humanitarian
 
satans-sadists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Mine says "Out for Delivery" today, so hopefully it should show up within a few hours here.

I'm really pleasantly surprised that they shipped them out so early! I thought perhaps they'd wait until the release date and then ship them or something.

Did you receive yours yet?
Mine is "out for delivery" too right now. Faster turnaround than I expected too. If it's all intact when I get it, I may buy the Amityville Horror Groupon deal.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #48
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
Mine is "out for delivery" too right now. Faster turnaround than I expected too. If it's all intact when I get it, I may buy the Amityville Horror Groupon deal.
Mine arrived earlier this afternoon. It arrived perfectly sealed and intact. It was shipped in a "Groupon" padded mailer, so I guess they are the ones who fulfilled the actual orders.

Awesome to get it cheaper and ahead of the release date!
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #49
Dobby
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,414
What the hell is groupon?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #50
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
What the hell is groupon?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupon
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #51
satans-sadists
Humanitarian
 
satans-sadists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Mine arrived earlier this afternoon. It arrived perfectly sealed and intact. It was shipped in a "Groupon" padded mailer, so I guess they are the ones who fulfilled the actual orders.

Awesome to get it cheaper and ahead of the release date!
Same here, mine arrived in perfect condition too. This was a great score after all. Last I saw, Amazon is still selling this for $70.00.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #52
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,268
Blu-Ray.com review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Vi.../74607/#Review
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #53
marcx
HackMaster
 
marcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,002
Mine came form Groupon on Thursday but have not had a chance to watch anything yet
__________________
My DVD Collection
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/marcx
marcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #54
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster
 
elDomenechHDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,014
How soon after ordering from Groupon have you guys received a shipping notification? I placed an order Wednesday night but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. I took a chance with this company - hope I don't regret it.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #55
satans-sadists
Humanitarian
 
satans-sadists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
How soon after ordering from Groupon have you guys received a shipping notification? I placed an order Wednesday night but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. I took a chance with this company - hope I don't regret it.
I received a shipping confirmation three days after ordering. Very smooth transaction. After receiving my Price collection, I wound up ordering The Amityville Horror Collection from Groupon (also 50% off).
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #56
cjg
Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: iowa
Posts: 963
Got my copy today from Groupon $42.78 with tax, also used Ebates and got $1.50 back. ! have no idea how Ebates works is the money taken off the order price or do you use on your next purchase ?
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #57
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
Got my copy today from Groupon $42.78 with tax, also used Ebates and got $1.50 back. ! have no idea how Ebates works is the money taken off the order price or do you use on your next purchase ?
You get paid in several months time, either by a PayPal payment (or check in the mail) or sometimes they'll offer you a choice of an Amazon Giftcard for the $$$ you've earned in your Ebates account.

I think you have to earn at least $5 before you get any payments though. I've earned about $200 since first using them a few years ago.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #58
cjg
Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: iowa
Posts: 963
Thanks
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #59
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,837
According to amazon.ca customer service, the "Vincent Price Collection [Blu-ray] has proven to be a very popular item and has become a surprise sellout." Which has resulted in many pre-orders (including my own ) being delayed until the second week in November (hopefully). So, good news for Scream Factory! (hopefully this means volume 2 will happen soon), but bad news for me.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #60
Bluenoser
Stalker
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
According to amazon.ca customer service, the "Vincent Price Collection [Blu-ray] has proven to be a very popular item and has become a surprise sellout." Which has resulted in many pre-orders (including my own ) being delayed until the second week in November (hopefully). So, good news for Scream Factory! (hopefully this means volume 2 will happen soon), but bad news for me.
It's in stock now. I ordered on August 8 and mine now says "shipping soon". Amazon.ca is very hit and miss with items being in stock on release day... it's a constant source of annoyance for me.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 10-25-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com