Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
Ash28M
HackMaster

2014 TIFF Midnight Madness Linup

Linked is this years linup. This year more then ever I'm really not sure what I`m going to see. I'm usually not disapointed whatever I choose though.

http://www.dcm10.com/d/online1.php?r...D26F33CDDB198B
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
MorallySound
There is no magic.

That link is missing the 10th title, just announced today: Astron-6's The Editor. Here's the full list: http://www.tiff.net/festivals/thefes...dnight-madness

Side note: not MM but still related, a film I worked on called Big Muddy just got announced to premiere at TIFF as well today. So exciting stuff!

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:17 AM   #3
x666x
HackMaster

Congrats MS!!! When is it screening?

I think the Editor will be the highlight for me. Looks awesome. The rest is a 50/50 for me also to echo Ash28M's segment. Sadly, the one about Cannon films is the other highlight for me. Yes, a movie about when films where more fun is probably going to beat out the movies that were made recently. I am a jaded f**k.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Go see Cub. That sounds awesome!

Also curious about It Follows.

I believe The Guest and Tusk are being released theatrically in September if you want to save yourself the festival ticket prices.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I believe The Guest and Tusk are being released theatrically in September if you want to save yourself the festival ticket prices.
If there's ANY place you want to see a movie with an enthusiastic and informed audience, it's at a film festival. Extra price be damned. You're almost guaranteed it will be a completely full house, with almost no cell phones, texting or talking. There won't be the annoying teenagers, nor parents who inexplicably bring their screaming toddlers to a late-night horror film.

As for the lineup at TIFF, you can never go wrong with Sion Sono. Why Don't You Play in Hell was one of my favorite films from '13.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:38 AM   #6
x666x
HackMaster

Yes! As long as it is not a starstruck crowd with mainstream names attached to a film, the audience tends to be really fun and cellphone use be damned. Still have to check out a film at a Drafthouse location.

But yeah, there is nothing better than batting around an inflated beach ball while waiting for Colin to get to the stage and start the festivities. Then watching a film with a room full of people who know their sh!t when it comes to movies but are not pretentious about it.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote