Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
cazzasguy
Victim

Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide

Just received an e-mail from Amazon advising the release date has been delayed again - third time since I pre-ordered it on 30th September. WTF??? For me this would be the most exciting purchase since the Universal Cult Horrors Collection. I just hope there are no belated problems with rights, several respected websites in the UK and USA have received copies of the set and given it 5 star reviews. Anyone have a bit of inside knowledge?
cazzasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Search is your friend, already a topic on this release: http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/searc...earchid=527339

But no, I don't have any info to shed light on the delay.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
SaxCatz
Maniac

I am not able to locate this product on Amazon. Perhaps it has been cancelled.
SaxCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Mikey Horror
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxCatz View Post
I am not able to locate this product on Amazon. Perhaps it has been cancelled.
That's because it's region 2 only. You can find it at amazon.co.uk
Old 10-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
SaxCatz
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
That's because it's region 2 only. You can find it at amazon.co.uk
Ah, he referenced websites in the UK and US receiving review copies so I assumed it was receiving a multi-region release.
SaxCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Stalker

Got notification from amazon.co.uk that this shipped out this morning, so I guess the November 8th release date is official.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Mikey Horror
Maniac

Are you kidding me?! The ship date has been pushed back again to November 11! I'm done with this release. Cancelling my order, this is ridiculous!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
pwrslave
Stalker

Quote:
Are you kidding me?! The ship date has been pushed back again to November 11! I'm done with this release. Cancelling my order, this is ridiculous!
Mine has shipped as well, the DVD has been released.
pwrslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
Mikey Horror
Maniac

You have to love Amazon. I just had them flat out lie to me. If pre-orders exceed the amount of pieces they have in stock, fine, tell me that. Say that you didn't have enough stock to fulfill pre-orders, you have more on the way and you'll ship it out as soon as it arrives, but no, Amazon decides to tell me that the distributor changed the release date and they have not received this item at all from the distributor which is a flat out lie if you guys had yours shipped out already. Got to love that kind of customer service.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #10
Touch The Sun

Quote:
it's the 9th now, only 2 more days..
Old 11-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
cazzasguy
Victim

I can categorically confirm the set has been released - as it was waiting for me when I got home from work an hour ago!! There are six good quality colour postcards in the box as a bonus. I'm off out to a football match shortly but will be keenly viewing this tomorrow and post a brief review.
cazzasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
f.ramses
Maniac

Got mine in the mail today and it's a pretty nice set, or at least what I've seen of it so far has been pretty good. I watched the documentary on the first disc and although it's a lot of information I already knew I still found it interesting and entertaining, it's well worth a watch for anyone interested in hearing about the obvious idiocy behind the whole fiasco. The compilation of company logos is also pretty cool to see and the fact that I don't live in England gives most of them the added bonus of being semi-exotic to me since I've never seen them before. I didn't get much into the second disc yet but the introductions for the trailers have ranged from amusing to semi-informative so far, initially the documentary was really the only thing of interest to me but once I started the intros and trailers I got into them and let it run for a while.
Even though the whole Video Nasties craze has always been a sort of fascination for me I have to admit that when I heard about this thing I thought it didn't sound very worthwhile at all but I was totally wrong. I'm glad I gave it a chance and picked it up so far and look forward to watching the remainder of the content.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #13
Mikey Horror
Maniac

Finally got my copy and while I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, I noticed that although Amazon UK and even DVDAF are listing this as region 2, the package itself clearly states that it's region 0.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Finally got my copy and while I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, I noticed that although Amazon UK and even DVDAF are listing this as region 2, the package itself clearly states that it's region 0.
I'm assuming it's still PAL though, correct?

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #15
pwrslave
Stalker

Apparently the limited numbered version is sold out and the unlimited release has been posted to Amazon.co.uk. What was the initial print run on the numbered release?
pwrslave is offline   Reply With Quote