Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 05-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Grindhouse Releasing is (finally) back!

Found this via Facebook courtesy of DiabolikDVD:

Grindhouse Releasing news!!!

Grindhouse Releasing has announced CORRUPTION and AN AMERICAN HIPPIE IN ISRAEL as the first in a series of new Blu-ray, DVD and theatrical releases. Both movies will arrive on home video on September 10.

Four additional titles will follow in late 2013 and late 2014: Sergio Sollima's THE BIG GUNDOWN, THE SWIMMER, starring Burt Lancaster, Duke Mitchell's GONE WITH THE POPE and S.F. Brownrigg's SCUM OF THE EARTH (a.k.a. POOR WHITE TRASH PART 2). According to Murawski, the company's entire back catalog will also appear in new Blu-ray editions soon thereafter.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Found this via Facebook courtesy of DiabolikDVD:

Grindhouse Releasing news!!!

Grindhouse Releasing has announced CORRUPTION and AN AMERICAN HIPPIE IN ISRAEL as the first in a series of new Blu-ray, DVD and theatrical releases. Both movies will arrive on home video on September 10.

Four additional titles will follow in late 2013 and late 2014: Sergio Sollima's THE BIG GUNDOWN, THE SWIMMER, starring Burt Lancaster, Duke Mitchell's GONE WITH THE POPE and S.F. Brownrigg's SCUM OF THE EARTH (a.k.a. POOR WHITE TRASH PART 2). According to Murawski, the company's entire back catalog will also appear in new Blu-ray editions soon thereafter.
Wow did you mention Corruption as in the Peter Cushing Corruption AKA The Laser Killer. That is a must on for me. I have wanted a good quality uncut version of this for years. I own an uncut bootleg which by todays standards is pretty much unwatchable. Great to hear Grindhouse is back. Heres to hoping a Blu ray of Cannibal Ferox is on the cards too.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Finally some news really worth getting excited about. Thanks for posting.
elDomenechHDG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Demoni
HackMaster

Still, no Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox in HD...
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Still, no Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox in HD...
Last line of the first post: "According to Murawski, the company's entire back catalog will also appear in new Blu-ray editions soon thereafter."

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I so want both Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox on Blu-Ray. Until they officially come out, I'm going to hold onto my DVDs of both of them.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
Eddyw78
Stalker

When Cannibal Ferox comes out on Blu it will be the 4th version I have owned as I bought the cut UK DVD from Vipco which showed my inexperience in DVD buying in the early years of the format before I found the wonder that was importing DVDs. I then got the Austrain DVD from Sazuma which actually has a much nicer transfer than the Grindhouse release and is anamorphic and then lastly mainly for the extras and stereo soundtrack I bought the Grindhouse DVD. I still own both of the last two but the dreaded Vipco release has long gone.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
spawningblue
Deadite

This is great news, but at the same time disappointing in the sense that the earliest we will see Blurays of Pieces, The Beyond, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox, ect. is late 2014/ early 2015. That's a long time away!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #9
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

I definitely want Corruption and The Big Gundown along with Pieces and The Beyond on Blu-ray. It will be a long wait for all of these, but definitely worth it. Glad that Corruption is first actually.
satans-sadists is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #10
fceurich39
HackMaster

PIECES hell yes!!!!!!!!!! I still got all the grindhouse releasing dvds btw!!!!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #11
unclefred
Victim

The Swimmer was a cool film. It is in a similar vein with maybe Rock Hudson in Seconds.
unclefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #12
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
The Swimmer was a cool film. It is in a similar vein with maybe Rock Hudson in Seconds.
It isn's a Grindhouse-ish title though, more like something Twilight Time, Scorpion, or Olive would put out. A very odd one out.
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #13
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Gone With the Pope...nice to see that finally on schedule for a DVD/BD release.

I can't believe I am actually staring at a release date for An American Hippie in Israel. Wow...can't wait.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #14
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Arrow's release of The Beyond (aside from the opening sepia-tone mess up, which has been corrected) is actually quite good. I recommend it if you can't wait for the Grindhouse release in a couple of years.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #15
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Gone With the Pope...nice to see that finally on schedule for a DVD/BD release.

I can't believe I am actually staring at a release date for An American Hippie in Israel. Wow...can't wait.
Until you actually see the movie, from what I heard, it does not live up to the hype. haven't seen it myself, but from what some people I know described it to me, but who knows, hipsters have been wrong before.

Last edited by ArrowBeach; 05-14-2013 at 04:15 AM.
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote