Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
Marv Inc.
Stalker

Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th 08/27/13

Quote:
The brand new website for Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History Of Friday The 13th has been launched which shows the release date for the show as August 27, 2013 and it also states that the pre-sale for the documentary will begin on July 8, 2013! But that's not all, we have even more information for the fans as we can give you the exclusive expanded details about the documentary.

With a running time of approximately seven hours, Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th explores each film -- from the seminal 1980 slasher hit to the 2009 reboot, including the hit syndicated television series -- in chronological order, and promises to be the definitive retrospective on one of the most enduring horror franchises in motion picture history.

Writer/director Daniel Farrands says, "I'm very proud that my passion (and obsession) with all things Friday the 13th, which started when I was 12 years old, has finally come full circle. What started out as a pipe dream ten years ago when I first teamed up with Peter Bracke on his incredible book, has taken on a whole new life with our companion documentary. I hope fans will be as thrilled as we are with this epic look back on the Friday the 13th series."

With such a massive run time, Crystal Lake Memories will be released on Region Free Blu-Ray only as the DVD format is not only out of date and going extinct in the near future, but the ability to offer the entire documentary on fewer discs will make for a more enjoyable viewing experience.

Thommy Hutson shares his sentiments about his journey with the project.

“I am thrilled that the show has come together so beautifully,” says producer Thommy Hutson. “After a year of production, so many amazing, new interviews, and locating incredible materials, Crystal Lake Memories will absolutely be the embodiment of ‘definitive’ when it comes to telling the story of the Friday franchise, not to mention bringing Peter Bracke’s amazing book to life. We couldn’t be more excited to unleash this incredible history of Camp Crystal Lake, Jason, and all that has gone with them over the last 30 plus years.”

Make sure to visit www.crystallakememories.net to continue to track the progress of the documentary and look for the full website to launch in the very near future. In the mean time, make sure to follow the documentary over these social network sites and prepare to embrace your Bad Luck Day this August!
Thought i'd give it its own thread here.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Inc. View Post
Thought i'd give it its own thread here.
http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showt...threadid=43564

It has one
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
spawningblue
Deadite

Awesome, and glad it's coming to Bluray!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Marv Inc.
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
I know but i meant in the high def section since its been announced for blu ray only.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Inc. View Post
I know but i meant in the high def section since its been announced for blu ray only.
Excuses...
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Some cool news from Daniel Farrands via Facebook!:

"1428 Films and Hutson Ranch Media are pleased to announce that CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES will be released on August 27, 2013 as a three-disc BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO PACK. Pre-sale begins July 8th, with an exclusive 4TH BONUS DVD available only when you order directly from crystallakememories.net!"
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
fceurich39
HackMaster

https://www.facebook.com/CrystalLake...entary?fref=ts
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #8
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I'm glad they decided to give it a Blu & DVD release.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
Mattapooh
Maniac

Very intrigued to see what's on the bonus disc.

I'm way too excited for this release.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Marv Inc.
Stalker

I have head it is extended interviews on the the 4th dvd exclusive.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I'll hold off and wait to see how much more the crystallakememories site is selling it for. Extended interviews aren't that big of a deal. Seven hours of content is exhaustive enough. If Amazon has it considerably cheaper, I see no need for the bonus disc.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #12
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
I'll hold off and wait to see how much more the crystallakememories site is selling it for. Extended interviews aren't that big of a deal. Seven hours of content is exhaustive enough. If Amazon has it considerably cheaper, I see no need for the bonus disc.
The extended interviews were so good on Never Sleep Again (there was about 4 hours worth of just the bonus material and none of it was redundant with the main documentary) that I'll definitely pre-order straight from the source for these ones. Can't wait!
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
Marv Inc.
Stalker

Bit more info,

Quote:
In answer to some of the questions we have been receiving with respect to the upcoming release of CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES:

1. The running time of the feature documentary is approximately 7 hours (final running time has not been officially locked but that is a very close guesstimate).

2. The combo pack will contain a single Blu-ray disc containing the full documentary. The full documentary will also be included on two DVDs (split into two parts due to space limitations of the DVD format).

3. The bonus DVD (available exclusively via crystallakememories.net and the official launch event at Dark Delicacies) will contain approximately 4 hours of extended interviews and featurettes that were not included in the documentary.

4. All discs will be zone and region free and should be viewable on any Blu-ray or DVD player around the world.

5. International shipping will be available via crystallakememories.net; cost to be determined based on current shipping rates to individual countries.

6. Money orders will be accepted.

More details will be available once the official site launches for our pre-sale on July 8th.

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and patience. We are looking forward to bringing you this epic look back at the legacy of Jason Voorhees and FRIDAY THE 13TH!

- 1428 Films/Hutson Ranch Media
Marv Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
fceurich39
HackMaster

anyone think this doc will show footage of part 3D alternate pig Jason done by stan Winston fx and alternate endings or probably will just use stills pics and talk about it????
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The latter possibly less Paramount gives them the OK.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote