Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #16
Demoni
HackMaster

IŽll bet no extras will be on the general release... I mean, 7 hours of HD content in one blu it will be full.

This should only be available in two editions... One with 1 Blu (doc) + 1 Dvd (extras); and 2 Dvd (doc) and 1 (extras).

This doc is only made for fans... and fans want extras.

Last edited by Demoni; 06-23-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #17
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I don't need extras with this release. The 7 hour documentary is definitely enough.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #18
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
I don't need extras with this release. The 7 hour documentary is definitely enough.
Then I guess youŽre not a die hard fan...

Every fan would want excellent extras for their favorite movies and now we have a 7 hours doc about the whole franchise without extras.

If you read carefully, the extras dvd is not only about more interviews but it also have featurettes. The NOES extras disc was on the same level as the doc disc.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
ronnie21
HackMaster

7 hours. iam only interested in parts 1-4 and then I will skip to part 6. that's it for me..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #20
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

Friday the 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
anyone think this doc will show footage of part 3D alternate pig Jason done by stan Winston fx and alternate endings or probably will just use stills pics and talk about it????
Probably not even that!
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #21
spawningblue
Deadite

I will definitely pre-order from their site to get the exclusive bonus disc. I'm pissed to just recently find out that they released something similar for the Scream doc. as well, two discs and over 4 hours of content!

http://www.stillscreamingbonus.com/

Unfortunately they are no longer in print and apparently hard to find.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #22
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I will definitely pre-order from their site to get the exclusive bonus disc. I'm pissed to just recently find out that they released something similar for the Scream doc. as well, two discs and over 4 hours of content!

http://www.stillscreamingbonus.com/

Unfortunately they are no longer in print and apparently hard to find.
This wasn't actually made by the same people. The team behind Crystal Lake Memories and Never Sleep Again did make a Scream doc that was included in the trilogy Blu-ray set, but it was called Scream: The Inside Story. Still Screaming is another documentary included on that set. Of the two, I preferred The Inside Story by a wide margin, even if it did only cover the first installment in the series.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
This wasn't actually made by the same people. The team behind Crystal Lake Memories and Never Sleep Again did make a Scream doc that was included in the trilogy Blu-ray set, but it was called Scream: The Inside Story. Still Screaming is another documentary included on that set. Of the two, I preferred The Inside Story by a wide margin, even if it did only cover the first installment in the series.
Oh okay, thanks for the info. I knew there were two Scream docs. on the set, I assumed this was the one they worked on since they made these discs with over 4 hours of extra interviews, and the Friday release is including a bonus disc with over 4 hours of extras.

Either way, hopefully they re-release these bonus discs as I would definitely grab them. Surprised no one on this forum mentioned anything about these when they were for sale, unless I missed it. I know the Scream franchise isn't a huge hit around here, myself included, but I still would have picked these up. Ahh well...

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #24
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Oh okay, thanks for the info. I knew there were two Scream docs. on the set, I assumed this was the one they worked on since they made these discs with over 4 hours of extra interviews, and the Friday release is including a bonus disc with over 4 hours of extras.

Either way, hopefully they re-release these bonus discs as I would definitely grab them. Surprised no one on this forum mentioned anything about these when they were for sale, unless I missed it. I know the Scream franchise isn't a huge hit around here, myself included, but I still would have picked these up. Ahh well...
I love the original Scream. I saw in threads a while back that it was attacked for being condescending to fans which I never understood as Kevin Williamson is a proclaimed horror geek. I loved all the little subtle nods to other horror films, some I did not pick up on till years later. The hanging of Drew ala Suspiria or how Tatum is attacked and backs up from the camera much like the beginning kills of Friday the 13th. Those are things only fans would notice and was clearly made for fans by fans.

I didn't like all the trends it inspired but I don't hold that against the movie itself. Although rushed, Scream 2 even has a few good sequences but I find Scream 3 much better. Yes, it is goofy and so unlike the original Scream but it also takes place in Hollywood and I see it as a kind of commentary on what happens to a movie series once they make it big - they get ridiculous. Many people forget that no one expected Scream to set the world on fire but fans made it a massive hit. Scream 4 played it too safe in my opinion and is tired because of that.

And even though I enjoyed the Scream movies, I really didn't care too much about a documentary for them. The Elm Street and Friday the 13th series have so much more to cover and have actors you never hear from which makes it interesting to catch up. I see Courtney Cox, Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Parker Posey, Jada Pinkett, Drew Barrymore, Rose McGowan, etc. enough that it isn't really as exciting to hear them discuss the movies when they already have on TV interviews, magazine articles, etc.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:

3. The bonus DVD (available exclusively via crystallakememories.net and the official launch event at Dark Delicacies) will contain approximately 4 hours of extended interviews and featurettes that were not included in the documentary.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
highclassrob
Stalker

The disc is up for preorder at dark delicacies get your order in quick!
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
The disc is up for preorder at dark delicacies get your order in quick!
Where? Can you post a direct link for the pre-order?

That site is somehow a little frustrating to find stuff.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #28
highclassrob
Stalker

Click on signings and events under the mailbox And scroll to the bottom of the page
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #29
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
Click on signings and events under the mailbox And scroll to the bottom of the page
Thanks for the heads-up! The shipping cost is a little brutal ($13?) though, I'll probably wait and see what the official website is charging.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #30
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
Thanks for the heads-up! The shipping cost is a little brutal ($13?) though, I'll probably wait and see what the official website is charging.
That's the website default for some reason, and they actually will charge you less.

When I pre-ordered the Creature DVD from them, it also said $13 for shipping. They responded saying that was the website "default" and they would charge much less for shipping. And they did indeed charge much less.

For those looking for it, go to http://www.darkdel.com/ and click on "Signings/Events" — and then scan down to the bottom of the page.

Last edited by Katatonia; 06-28-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote