Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 06-28-2013, 02:02 AM   #31
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
The disc is up for preorder at dark delicacies get your order in quick!
Are they shipping them out any sooner than the official website or do they just have the pre-order up earlier to promote their event with the guests in attendance?
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
coldheart
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclassrob View Post
The disc is up for preorder at dark delicacies get your order in quick!
I put my order in
coldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
Grim
HackMaster

I feel like the extended interviews were probably cut down in the main doc for a reason, so I'll be fine with a 7 HOUR documentary. Call me not a "die hard fan" if you want, but I've read the book, and read just about every interview, visited just about every website, and sat through a multitude of Q&A panels at conventions over the past ten or fifteen years that I doubt there is really that much more I could learn about the series that wouldn't be in the main feature. I have the poster image from the Final Chapter carved into my flesh so I would consider myself pretty diehard, but I've learned over the years to not get baited into paying premiums for some extras that will probably become available later for way cheaper in one format or another.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #34
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Since this bonus disc could be limited and eventually out of print, I would recommend fans take a look at disc 2 of Never Sleep Again. These aren't extended interviews in the sense that they're continuations of topics already covered in the doc, they are all new segments. About 10 additional minutes covering each film and featurettes focusing on the music, poster art, novels & comics, and other things the doc doesn't focus on at all. Things of this sort will be what we can expect on the Crystal Lake Memories bonus disc. And to all those mentioning that everything they want will be covered in the 7 hour runtime, remember that they'll be covering 12 films (11 if Freddy vs. Jason isn't included as it was already in Never Sleep Again). That equals about 38 mins of coverage per film. Considering single film docs that really go in depth have been made at 90 min lengths, I think the bonus disc will make it so we really get more of a definitive story on the series.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #35
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Are they shipping them out any sooner than the official website or do they just have the pre-order up earlier to promote their event with the guests in attendance?
think so some studios due synapse will be shipping the demons steelbooks out probably sept/oct!!! I ordered elm street never sleep again doc direct got nancy autograph got my copy 3-4 week b4 street date
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Since this bonus disc could be limited and eventually out of print, I would recommend fans take a look at disc 2 of Never Sleep Again. These aren't extended interviews in the sense that they're continuations of topics already covered in the doc, they are all new segments. About 10 additional minutes covering each film and featurettes focusing on the music, poster art, novels & comics, and other things the doc doesn't focus on at all. Things of this sort will be what we can expect on the Crystal Lake Memories bonus disc. And to all those mentioning that everything they want will be covered in the 7 hour runtime, remember that they'll be covering 12 films (11 if Freddy vs. Jason isn't included as it was already in Never Sleep Again). That equals about 38 mins of coverage per film. Considering single film docs that really go in depth have been made at 90 min lengths, I think the bonus disc will make it so we really get more of a definitive story on the series.
My exact same thoughts since the beginning...
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
My exact same thoughts since the beginning...
I wonder if it was originally just going to be included until people complained that it was a blu-ray only release.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #38
spawningblue
Deadite

This pre-oder on the Dark Delicacies site isn't the pre-oder from the official site with the bonus disc though is it? I believe that one doesn't go on sale until July 8 so why pre-order from this site and pay high Shipping? If you want the regular version I am sure it will be on sale at Amazon and it's not limited.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #39
Mattapooh
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Great stuff here. I'm not as much of a Nightmare fan so I didn't feel like the two-disc was THAT necessary (especially since I'd already ordered the single disc version when the preorder went up and didn't feel like double-dipping), but for the Friday series? DEFINITELY buying the one with the extra disc.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #40
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
This pre-oder on the Dark Delicacies site isn't the pre-oder from the official site with the bonus disc though is it? I believe that one doesn't go on sale until July 8 so why pre-order from this site and pay high Shipping? If you want the regular version I am sure it will be on sale at Amazon and it's not limited.
Yes, the Dark Delicacies orders will also have the Bonus disc included. They stated this on Facebook the other day:

Quote:
3. The bonus DVD (available exclusively via crystallakememories.net and the official launch event at Dark Delicacies) will contain approximately 4 hours of extended interviews and featurettes that were not included in the documentary.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #41
Marv Inc.
Stalker

Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #42
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Inc. View Post
Wow, that looks great.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #43
fceurich39
HackMaster

july 8th direct thorugh website still right gonna be sending money order?? any guess on price???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #44
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Now why can't the blu-ray box set have a cover that nice?!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #45
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Do we know who is signing the Dark Delicacies copies?