Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 07-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #61
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Just pre-ordered mine.

Slightly bummed I missed the signed version from Dark Delicacies, but supposedly shipping was $13 there. The Crystal Lake Memories site had free shipping and a bonus DVD with four hours of extended interviews. So I guess it balances out.
The Dark Delicacies pre-orders will also include the same Bonus DVD as was previously announced. They also re-confirmed this yesterday.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #62
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to go for this. I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm not sure I'd revisit it more than once. Same for the bonus disk features. I haven't read the book yet, but in some ways I'm more tempted to spring for the book now.

For anyone who's read the book, am I crazy for being more interested in that than this?

edit: Dobby your post wasn't there when I started typing mine, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thinking it.
It's the same thing with the Nightmare on Elm St. documentary that came out a few years back, I loved watching it the first time but don't think I'll ever re-watch it again.
I like the nostalgic appeal of these things, but I have mixed feelings about adding them to an already large collection where storage is becoming an issue.
Seems like an extended bonus feature more than an actual film.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #63
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Other then a bunch of people being interviewed. I don't see nor do I get what is so great about this? There is no way there will be any deleted scenes on it. No extended gore scenes nothing as paramount own the rights to this franchise. A bunch of photos and interviews don't do nothing for me. We already got a bunch of retarded interviews before so why should I care now? I already have the book at it's awesome I love it. So please anybody feel free to tell me why I should buy this?
That's how I felt about His Name Was Jason. They did get a few actors from the films (although there seemed to be more interviewees that weren't from the films), but nobody said anything about the making of the films. They just broke down the slasher rules Scream style. It was pointless and a big waste of time.

However, having seen Never Sleep Again and More Brains, this should be fantastic. Neither of those had a dull moment. And as previously mentioned, the extended interviews had absolutely no overlap. Some of the stuff in the extended interviews was better than what's in the actual documentary.

I'm sure a lot of it will overlap with the book, but regardless, if there were ever a F13 doc to have, this is it.

And if you're wondering about the interviewees, head over to their facebook page. They have tons of pictures from the interviews, and it looks like an AMAZING line-up. My favorite pic showed Larry Zerner from part III in front of the store where they get in the altercation with the bikers. I didn't see Amy Steel or Adrienne King in the pics, but I'm sure they'll be involved. Both have been very willing to talk about the movies (I even got to meet Amy Steel a few years ago).

And I know the remake was extremely recent, but I was happy to see they got the beautiful Julianna Guill for an interview, especially after re-watching My Super Psycho Sweet 16 again a few nights ago. Would love to see her become a future scream queen, she's great!
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #64
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Pre-ordered and I already own the book. Anyone who is questioning whether or not this release will be worth it just needs to watch Never Sleep Again, the best making-of documentary I've ever seen.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #65
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to go for this. I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm not sure I'd revisit it more than once. Same for the bonus disk features. I haven't read the book yet, but in some ways I'm more tempted to spring for the book now.

For anyone who's read the book, am I crazy for being more interested in that than this?

edit: Dobby your post wasn't there when I started typing mine, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thinking it.
Their NEVER SLEEP AGAIN documentary and DVD was far and away the best documentary I've ever seen on the genre and one that I've watched a few times already. This set looks to be even more robust with 7 hours for the feature and 4 additional hours on the bonus disc. Unreal. As a FRIDAY fan I'll probably not leave my house for a week going through all of this. If the doc has a commentary like NEVER SLEEP AGAIN...well, there's another 7 hours of my life too!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #66
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Not sure if this was posted already, but:
Full List Of Interviewees
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #67
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Interesting. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't get Lexa Doig for Jason X, but it still looks like an impressive list.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #68
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Good to see they managed to interview Richard Brooker, Danny Steinmann and James Isaac before they passed away.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #69
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Would have liked to seen Steve Miner and Jeffrey Rogers listed.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #70
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Would have liked to seen Steve Miner and Jeffrey Rogers listed.
Steve Miner won't ever do a video interview for the sequels. He looks down on them.

He's too busy directing stuff for ABC family.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #71
dave13
HackMaster

i really want this, but $40 USD is pretty steep. i think i'll wait for xmas. if i miss out on the extra disc, well then - so be it. i wish they had a dvd option, though. i would have gone that route to save a few bucks. i don't really care if interviews are in HD or not...
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #72
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Steve Miner won't ever do a video interview for the sequels. He looks down on them.

He's too busy directing stuff for ABC family.
He's silly. H20 and Lake Placid weren't very long ago and I think his Friday sequels are far superior.

There does seem to be more of a sense of shame you feel from people that worked on the Friday series whereas the people behind the Nightmare series seem very proud and not embarrassed by it at all. Of course that is not true for everyone involved in both series but generally speaking.

I know that Patricia Arquette did not want to discuss NOES III but from what I've been told that had to do more with her experience with the director than her looking down on the film. I am sure Johnny Depp was too busy as he did not have any problem showing up for Freddy's Dead and has stated he would have done Wes Craven's New Nightmare if asked.

For the Friday sequels, Steve Miner will not discuss, I know some writers on Part III do not want to speak of it and other actors have acted displeased about it too in press articles I've read. They worked on Friday the 13th, not Cannibal Holocaust - funny how uptight some of them are.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #73
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
He's silly. H20 and Lake Placid weren't very long ago and I think his Friday sequels are far superior.

There does seem to be more of a sense of shame you feel from people that worked on the Friday series whereas the people behind the Nightmare series seem very proud and not embarrassed by it at all. Of course that is not true for everyone involved in both series but generally speaking.

I know that Patricia Arquette did not want to discuss NOES III but from what I've been told that had to do more with her experience with the director than her looking down on the film. I am sure Johnny Depp was too busy as he did not have any problem showing up for Freddy's Dead and has stated he would have done Wes Craven's New Nightmare if asked.

For the Friday sequels, Steve Miner will not discuss, I know some writers on Part III do not want to speak of it and other actors have acted displeased about it too in press articles I've read. They worked on Friday the 13th, not Cannibal Holocaust - funny how uptight some of them are.
What's with Part III? TFC is the far more mean spirited sequel and yet no one has issues speaking about it.

I don't get it either. I was hoping Miner would get his ass of his head and do an interview for the disc but nope. Oh well.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #74
Demoni
HackMaster

I donīt know why Kevin Bacon was not interviewed... he already admitted he like the movie and praised the FX.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #75
deepred
Maniac

I think I may have found Jeff Rogers. This picture kind of looks like him plus 30 years of course.

http://phoenixfenceanddeck.com/about