Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #106
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMoe View Post
Anyone who's watched the extra interviews from NEVER SLEEP AGAIN knows that the topics discussed in these often contain whole stories and issues not even mentioned in the documentary proper.
Yes, I had expected these to just be extended versions of the interviews from the main feature. I was shocked that there was no overlap in the extra interviews on Never Sleep Again. The stuff included there was just as interesting as the stuff included in the main feature, some of it maybe more so.

Same goes for More Brains, where the deleted scenes devoted an additional half hour to each Return Of The Living Dead II and Return Of The Living Dead III. The sequels weren't even covered in the main feature.

So assuming they follow the same format, this bonus disc should be a treasure trove. If you're truly interested in this stuff, the official site is the only way to go.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #107
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

You guys convinced me to get this. I thought "His Name Was Jason" wasn't all that great but Never Sleep Again was amazing. I hope that this set is up to that standard.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #108
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

His Name Was Jason is one of the greatest mockeries of and insults to horror fans in the history of the digital age. I'm not sure even MGM's zombie commentary on The Return of the Living Dead quite beats that.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #109
SickNick89
Stalker

I'm curious as to why people are so down on His Name was Jason. Don't get me wrong I was dissapointed too but I'm curious what bugs you guys about it?

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #110
dayglo
Maniac

I'd say because it's like VH1 making "I love F13" rather than any kind of documentary.

Last edited by dayglo; 09-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.
dayglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #111
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNick89 View Post
I'm curious as to why people are so down on His Name was Jason. Don't get me wrong I was dissapointed too but I'm curious what bugs you guys about it?
Almost every single question and topic of discussion was incredibly pointless or stupid. Every 10 seconds that someone started to say something interesting or worthwhile, the next 20 minutes was filled with the guests just telling us "people died, people had sex, and Jason was a bad dude. Yeah, Jason killed people- he was a bad dude. You don't want to cross him." I know people died, people had sex, and Jason was "bad" - I saw the movies. Which isn't all that surprising considering this is supposed to be for the fans. Clearly, the only thing the guests were asked to do was tell people what happened in the movies rather than what happened on the set. There was no analysis, no personal stories, nothing relevant to the movies that we didn't know already. It was an intensely gigantic waste of such a massive gathering of people from the series. In fact, Vh1's I Love the 80's was far more substantive, humorous, and entertaining by comparison. This felt like someone insulting the fans (only, it turns out it was the screenwriter of Halloween 6 so... same difference).

Never Sleep Again is the way you do this kind of thing. At 3 hours or longer, it felt like there was even more to talk about and it still satisfied so many fans. Myself included.

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 09-06-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #112
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
This felt like someone insulting the fans (only, it turns out it was the screenwriter of Halloween 6 so... same difference).

Never Sleep Again is the way you do this kind of thing. At 3 hours or longer, it felt like there was even more to talk about and it still satisfied so many fans. Myself included.
The director of His Name is Jason and screenwriter for Halloween 6, also produced and directed Never Sleep Again as well as Crystal Lake Memories.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #113
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

I know. He also did the quite good interviews for Paramount's Deluxe Editions for the films.

Either the fans finally told him he was a hack and he got his act together or someone on the studio end told him to smarten up...and then he got his act together.

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 09-07-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #114
dave13
HackMaster

I decided not to wait after all. I pre-ordered it today.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #115
Stige
HackMaster

I caved and ordered it from the website. hope it is worth the 40$ ( with postage) , and as always when ordering from an unknown place I hope I get it even..
Stige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #116
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Either the fans finally told him he was a hack and he got his act together or someone on the studio end told him to smarten up...and then he got his act together.
Or he was just studio controlled and couldn´t deliver a better product.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #117
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
I know. He also did the quite good interviews for Paramount's Deluxe Editions for the films.

you should check out his "pirate commentary" for Halloween 6. it's pretty interesting. the way he tells it, his story was pretty much ignored and/or butchered by the director and producers. he talks a lot about what he had planned to do and the genesis of the story. considering how much his screenplay was altered, i don't think there's enough evidence there to justify a "hack" label. its quite possible that his dream version of the film may still have sucked, but its pretty obvious that this is a case of the road to hell being paved with good intentions.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #118
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Studio control may explain why Michael Myers impregnated his own niece (though, yeah, studios aren't usually down with ideas like that in the first place- let alone they cooked that up themselves) but I'm not willing to buy for a second that HNWJ is this guy getting screwed over twice. To the point where he was only involved in the 7% out of 100 that actually functions as a retrospective rather than 90 minutes of verbal farting. Far too convenient an inconvenience to be believable.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #119
deepred
Maniac

I pre-ordered this from the CLM's website. I thought the price for shipping was a little steep at $10.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #120
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
I pre-ordered this from the CLM's website. I thought the price for shipping was a little steep at $10.
$10 within the USA? I've heard most people who pre-ordered it direct from their website got free USA shipping...but did have to pay like $2-3 in tax however.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote