Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 06-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection, 09/13/2013

http://movies.broadwayworld.com/arti...y-913-20130611

Quote:
On September 13th, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will provide plenty of blood-curdling thrills when Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection debuts on Blu-ray. For the first time, all twelve Friday the 13th films will be packaged together, (with seven of them making Blu-ray debuts) as a result of a strategic distribution alliance between Paramount and Warner announced last fall, granting Warner exclusive video distribution rights to over 600 Paramount titles. The set also includes a Friday The 13th Killer Extras Bonus DVD.

This intense 'slasher' series is one of the longest-running and most successful horror franchises in film history, surpassing the domestic theatrical box-office grosses of such legendary series as A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The film that turned psycho killer Jason Voorhees and his infamous hockey mask into a pop culture icon has also bested the horror competition as the #1 home entertainment seller, with total sales of $119.7M to date.

The 10-disc collection ($129.95 SRP) includes the twelve films on nine Blu-ray discs, as well as a killer DVD bonus disc full of special features on the making of the famous franchise. The must-own set will be presented in a collectible tin case with 11 hours of previously released special features and a 40-page soft cover book. The book is excerpted from Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th, a fan-favorite volume that's viewed as the ultimate memoir of the series, and highlights some of the 200 interviews, 600 photos, storyboards, concept art and more. Also included is a brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch.

Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection also includes digital versions of all 12 films with UltraViolet, allowing viewers to download and instantly stream the films to a wide range of devices from computers and compatible tablets to smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.

One of the most frightening franchises in film history, Friday The 13th focuses primarily on the character of Jason Voorhees, who drowned as a young child at Camp Crystal Lake due to the inattentiveness of camp counselors. Many years later, the camp becomes the scene of a number of murders - all of which are either committed or motivated by the avenging Jason, who forever lurks at Crystal Lake with his finely-honed machete.

Films in The Collection include:
Disc 1 - Friday the 13th (1980)
Disc 2 - Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
Disc 3 - Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982)
Disc 4 - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) NEW TO BLU-RAY
Disc 5 - Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) NEW TO BLU-RAY
Disc 6 - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) NEW TO BLU- RAY
Disc 7 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) NEW TO BLU-RAY
Disc 8 - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
Disc 9 - Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and "Killer Cut" Extended Version)
Disc 10 - Killer Bonus DVD Disc

Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection (BD)
Street Date: September 13, 2013
Order Due Date: August 9, 2013
Rating: R
Pricing: $129.95 SRP
Cat. #: 1000408970
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Getting it. This is how you do a collector's set. All the movies. I thought ones like Jason X couldn't be included too. I just hope Part 6 isn't the green version.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Bye bye dvd's. Looking forward to this baby. Hopefully all the PQ looks good.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Jesus Christ it's about fucking time! I could do without Freddy Vs. Jason and the remake, but hell, I'm not complaining at this point.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 06-11-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

I'll get this as I only own part one on blu.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I'm in, even though I'll be re-buying 1,2,3, Freddy and the remake.
I'll bet my left nut they are the same as existing discs. Would gladly walk around with one nut for a new transfer of part 1 without the zoom. But since all those have solo discs already and still are solo here, it's gonna be like the Nightmare on Elm Street set. Plus the "killer extras" dvd is probably the same dvd from the old boxset.
Still glad to get all the rest of the films in HD though.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
maybrick
HackMaster

I'm only interested in having part 3 in REAL 3D. This set sounds expensive. If I was going to spend that kind of money I'd rather buy the Hitchcock Collection instead. I also only prefer to buy box sets when you know there will never be another in the series produced. And you KNOW there will be another F13 film produced. It is inevitable.

Last edited by maybrick; 06-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Because of the DVD bonus disc being included, it looks like they're trying to include all the previous bonus material. That disc could be from the Crystal Lake to Manhattan box set and then if all the commentaries and featurettes are included from the box set as well as the deluxe editions I can finally get rid of all my DVDs.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I already have 1 - 3 and the remake on blu-ray. So hopefully they'll release the other discs on their own.

But since it's Warner, they'll probably screw us over like they did with the Elm Street boxset, releasing 1 - 3, then the boxset, and forgetting about the rest.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
I'm only interested in having part 3 in REAL 3D.
I was hoping to see that listed for the boxset too.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

AWESOME news. Time to let go of my DVDS, the first three Blu-Rays.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I didn't pick up any of the single Blu-ray releases as I knew there'd be a box set at some point. The wait wasn't too bad, so yup, will be buying at some point when I can find it for $60 or cheaper. Although I could do without the shitty remake in there.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #13
Stige
HackMaster

Sold!
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I'm hoping Part 3 has the commentary that was on the Crystal Lake box set from a few years ago.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
spawningblue
Deadite

Finally! Day 1 for me! Hopefully all the previous DVD extras are included, which looks good since the "Killer Disc" is included this time around. If they actually include Part 3 in real 3D then they would be bale to add the missing commentary as well. Here's hoping!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote