HackMaster

I am unloading the ones I own now - I know I have to have this set
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #47
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
It would be downright idiotic. The kills in that film are some of the best and most gruesome in the entire series and singlehandedly (IMO) elevate that film from being a complete dud to being moderately entertaining.
Yeah, the gore is pretty much all the movie has going for it.

This actually has me kinda worried....The Specs list the remake as having both cuts, but nothing for JGTH.

Disc 7 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) NEW TO BLU-RAY
Disc 9 - Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and "Killer Cut" Extended Version)

Hmmm....

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #48
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Hopefully whoever did the hd transfer for JGTH only did the unrated cut so they won't have a choice.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #49
fceurich39
HackMaster

Breaking news more info about the 13th film coming out in the franchise http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.co...-together.html
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #50
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

Jason Voorhees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Ok, again, I'm not complaining, but why the Jason goes to Hell Jason for the cover? Really?
Actually the Jason look from the ninth movie wasn't/isn't all that bad. It's kind of like the Jason look from the seventh movie in that we can see rotting flesh all over his body. Now you could make the argument of why isn't the Jason from the seventh movie on the front cover of this blu-ray release but let's not be too picky. Actually on second thought.
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #51
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Actually the Jason look from the ninth movie wasn't/isn't all that bad. It's kind of like the Jason look from the seventh movie in that we can see rotting flesh all over his body. Now you could make the argument of why isn't the Jason from the seventh movie on the front cover of this blu-ray release but let's not be too picky. Actually on second thought.
The original Friday the 13th font that was used on the 1st 8 movies would have been better to use than the generic remake font too.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #52
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
I'm sure the 7 hour documentary, Crystal Lake Memories, coming out this summer will be more than heartening and make up for the lack of new video extras on this boxset.
Think they'll do a commentary on that one like they did NEVER SLEEP AGAIN? I'll pretty much have to book the week off work to make it through!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #53
Matt89
HackMaster

The only problem I have with it is yes, the shitty font on the cover. Other than that, this looks like a pretty wicked set. The original fonts are on the discs themselves. That's at least pretty cool.

Also yeah, don't really care about the lack of new extras. The new doc I'm sure will cover any missed material and I own the Crystal Lake Memories book and that covers a hell of a lot of ground. So no new features? Meh. Don't give a shit really.

~Matt
Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #54
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

Friday the 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
The original Friday the 13th font that was used on the 1st 8 movies would have been better to use than the generic remake font too.
Yeah it would've been nice to have the original Friday the 13th font on the front of this Blu-ray release. I can't stand that new font!
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #55
crikan
HackMaster

I like the cover. It could have been much worse. Jason could have been holding a knife instead of a machete. Or they could have done a floating heads cover, ala NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, with Jason and two of the kids from the remake. One thing is for certain. These studios/distributors are incapable of coming up with new artwork that looks cool while being faithful to the original material.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #56
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Think they'll do a commentary on that one like they did NEVER SLEEP AGAIN? I'll pretty much have to book the week off work to make it through!
I actually missed out on the commentary because I purchased the original NSA release that didn't have it. I bet it's a fun listen!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #57
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Yeah it would've been nice to have the original Friday the 13th font on the front of this Blu-ray release. I can't stand that new font!
Add me to that, I feel the same way.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #58
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wago70 View Post
Add me to that, I feel the same way.
You can always trash the tin which I am sure some will. I honestly can't understand why they couldn't just put this box set inside a steelbook. Instead they go with a tin box and cardboard sleeves damn retarded.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #59
Spacetraveler
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
You can always trash the tin which I am sure some will. I honestly can't understand why they couldn't just put this box set inside a steelbook. Instead they go with a tin box and cardboard sleeves damn retarded.
So it's a slider packaging? Meh... Do you think there's a good chance of individual blu-ray releases coming?
Spacetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #60
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacetraveler View Post
So it's a slider packaging? Meh... Do you think there's a good chance of individual blu-ray releases coming?
The Elm Street sequels that haven't been released outside the boxset still haven't received releases so I would say probably not at this time or not anytime soon.