Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #646
Christy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I was watching some of these on cable last night. Jason X is still awesome. I can't wait for them to release these individually so I can finish up my Friday the 13th collection.

I caught some of Part 9 too. Whoever thought Jason should possess people really should be locked in a room with the real Jason. Or be cursed with Jason nightmares for the rest of their life. It's by far the dumbest Friday the 13th movie.
Oh I heart Jason X I saw it when it ran theatrically. Only thing is I saw it an an empty movie theater. It's a great popcorn flick deserves a better reputation.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #647
The Tall Man
Stalker

http://www.amazon.com/Friday-13th-Co...xgy_mov_text_y

I just went to check if the price has dropped yet and Amazon is not selling it anymore. They have this message I have never seen before. Has anyone come across this before ?

"Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #648
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post

I just went to check if the price has dropped yet and Amazon is not selling it anymore. They have this message I have never seen before. Has anyone come across this before ?

"Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

It happens from time to time. I'm sure people were receiving the set with dings in the packaging, which is tin. This message usually appears when there are defects with the discs or the slipcovers or steelbooks are banged up. My Night of the Comet arrived today with a tear in the slipcover. It's not a big deal to me though as long as the disc is fine.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #649
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post

"Item Under Review

People were reporting a slew of issues with the set on Bluray.com. Most common was the discs arriving scratched due to the cardboard slips (apparently this was affecting playback on the films). Some also reported discs missing entirely, and then there was the dented tins.

Hopefully Warner can fix the packaging issues with this set and get it back out there (on Amazon at least).
Old 12-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #650
Matt89
HackMaster

When I grabbed it at best buy I had to go through a bunch of them because the tins were all dented. Nice quality control.

~Matt
Old 12-01-2013, 04:34 AM   #651
othervoice1
HackMaster

I was lucky and the one I got from Amazon was in great shape - no issues to the casing or the discs - Already watched all of them - I agree that Jason X is good corny popcorn fun- but JGTH is just plain terrible
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #652
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I was lucky and the one I got from Amazon was in great shape - no issues to the casing or the discs -
Same here. I got mine from Amazon, and it arrived perfect, thankfully.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #653
thing
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I was lucky and the one I got from Amazon was in great shape - no issues to the casing or the discs - Already watched all of them - I agree that Jason X is good corny popcorn fun- but JGTH is just plain terrible
I think almost everyone got it in perfect condition, its just a vocal few that complained.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #654
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post
I think almost everyone got it in perfect condition, its just a vocal few that complained.
You should hear some of the whiners over at the Blu-ray.com forum about the Synapse Demons SteelBooks. They're literally complaining about microscopic paint dings/chips...even after they already reviewed them on YouTube saying the packaging looked great!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #655
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

I guess the packaging complaints were why this wasn't a lightning deal. That sucks I was watching for it too. Oh well, I'll just go the route of getting the ones I want separately when they release them probably during the summer or something.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #656
Camp Blood
Screamy Bopper

Besides not having the uncut JGTH, it's a nice collection. I imported this set, as I'm in Canada, so I can't use the ultraviolet digital code. Ebay took down my listing when I tried to sell it on there. Is anyone is interested in buying it off me, through paypal? I'll take the best offer I guess.
tony_zambony@yahoo.com
Camp Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #657
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

I might just end up getting the Canadian double features.

Shitty bisexual artwork and all.

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #658
shape22
HackMaster

The set is down to $66.99 at amazon.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:38 AM   #659
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shape22 View Post
The set is down to $66.99 at amazon.
It will be under $35 at some point, imo...I'm patient.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #660
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burieddeep View Post
It will be under $35 at some point, imo...I'm patient.
That's what I'm waiting for, too. It's still way too high for what you get. Maybe if I hadn't bought the entire series several times already I'd be interested...

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is online now   Reply With Quote