Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 06-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
ThisEvilBastard
Banned Mofo

Dream Blu-ray releases the you know won't happen

List some of your dream blu-ray release you know won't happen.

For me it'll be a collector's edition double pack of thesse two films.

That will include a lot of extra's
ThisEvilBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:34 AM   #2
Mikey Horror
Maniac

Madman, Silent Night, Deadly Night, Hell Night, Chopping Mall, Legend of Boggy Creek, The Mutilator, Night of the Demons, a proper Night of the Living Dead, Phantasm, Scarecrows, Sleepaway Camp. I could be here all night but I'm done, making this list is depressing.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 06-13-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Mikey Horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

Any film that either Lionsgate controls or some dipshit producer is holding hostage for big bucks would make my list. Some of those include:

The Final Terror
Dead Alive fully uncut under the Braindead title
Halloween 6 Producer's Cut
Neon City
Any pre-1993 Albert Pyun film fully uncut
Return of the Living Dead 3 uncut
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
MrTransistor1
Screamy Bopper

Maniac Cop 2
Maniac Cop 3: Badge Of Silence
Blood And Lace
Abby
The Brain (1988)
Blood Diner
Curtains
Ghost Town
Graduation Day
Death Laid An Egg
Rawhead Rex

Last edited by MrTransistor1; 06-13-2013 at 04:32 AM.
MrTransistor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #5
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this a while back, but I like making lists.

The Devils (1971)
Nightmare/Nightmares in a Damaged Brain (1981)
Beyond the Door (1974)
Suspiria (1977) (Seriously. It's starting to look more and more like this film is not going to get a North American release. Fucking Weinsteins.)
Night of the Demon (1980)
Jaws 3-D (1983) (Actually this probably will happen eventually, but I doubt a 3D feature will be a part of it.)
Friday the 13th Part 2 UNCUT (1981) (lol yeah right.)
Little Monsters (1989) (shut up)
The Warriors (1979) (The ORIGINAL cut. Not that director's cut crap with the comic book transitions)
The Boogeyman (1981)
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
buck135
The Duke of New York

Cheers: The Complete Series. Despite being one of the most successful comedy shows of all time, this multi Emmy winning classic series is owned by Paramount who as we all know despises the blu-ray format. The later seasons even took forever to be released on DVD as it was and many episodes were cut or altered instead of paying for music rights. The first few DVD sets had lame extra features, and soon after even those were dropped from the subsequent sets.

Batman: The Complete 60's TV Series. I'm sure you all know about this. Who owns it? The network (ABC), Warner Bros, DC Comics? So many people would need to be compensated, I can't imagine it ever making enough money to cover the costs. I'm happy to say that I have an awesome DVD bootleg set of the series, though I'm still holding out for someone to record all of the episodes in HD. They don't broadcast them in HD where I live, so I'll buy an HD bootleg set if/when it's ever available.

Batman: The Animated Series. I don't know what's more surprising, that this hasn't been released yet or there isn't another show going on just like it right now. Popularity for Batman is at an all time high (well since 1989) due to the awesome Dark Knight Trilogy, great Arkham games and well written comics. I didn't care for Batman Beyond or the more recent animated series or movies. Batman: The Animated Series was perfect. It should have lasted much longer than it did, and the DVD's are still well sought out by fans and collector's. Hell, there's even a bootlegging problem with the box set. These episodes deserve to be remastered and given a proper release. Then the series needs to start up again.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
SickNick89
Stalker

Sleepaway Camp

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
DanceEnergy24
Stalker

Seconded for FRIDAY THE 13th PART 2 UNCUT. Almost every other title from 1981 has been released uncut: My Bloody Valentine, Eyes of a Stranger, The Prowler, The Burning. I say almost because Happy Birthday to Me remains in its cut R-rated version.
DanceEnergy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
maybrick
HackMaster

For me, it's Allan Arkush's follow up to Rock N Roll High School, GET CRAZY. From what I've heard it will never happen because of music rights issues, but on top of that I've also heard that the original film elements were either lost or destroyed. But I hold out hope.

maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
Spacetraveler
Stalker

Amityville 4
Amityville Curse
Amityville 1992
Amityville New Generation
Amityville Dollhouse
Omen 4 The Awakening
The Birds 2 Land's End
House 1, 2, and 4
Spacetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Batman: The Complete 60's TV Series. I'm sure you all know about this. Who owns it? The network (ABC), Warner Bros, DC Comics? So many people would need to be compensated, I can't imagine it ever making enough money to cover the costs. I'm happy to say that I have an awesome DVD bootleg set of the series, though I'm still holding out for someone to record all of the episodes in HD. They don't broadcast them in HD where I live, so I'll buy an HD bootleg set if/when it's ever available.
Actually the rights to this got worked out earlier this year. There was stories about this on various comic sites. There is a digital comic based on the series being released as well as various merchandise relating to the series. I bet we see the series getting released soon (i.e. by the end of 2014), at least on DVD but a BD set would be killer!
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
List some of your dream blu-ray release you know won't happen.

For me it'll be a collector's edition double pack of thesse two films.

That will include a lot of extra's
Good one! I'd like to have Leatherface Unrated with seamless branching to include both endings.

Next Gen should be released in both theatrical and directors cut/Return of versions and include the hour long making of doc!

I'd also add Ghoulies Uncut, Ghoulies 2 Uncut. Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 - original directors cut, not that crappy producers version. Cherry Falls Uncut. Exorcist: Legion Directors Cut, and Summer School. Oh, and The 'burbs!

Last edited by Buechlers_beard; 06-13-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
Actually the rights to this got worked out earlier this year. There was stories about this on various comic sites. There is a digital comic based on the series being released as well as various merchandise relating to the series. I bet we see the series getting released soon (i.e. by the end of 2014), at least on DVD but a BD set would be killer!
Really? I thought especially the cameo's such as Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, Bruce Lee, etc made it impossible. Especially with the Green Hornet being owned by another company. I know that there is merchandise set to be released this year. From what I've seen so far, I wasn't blown away. But yeah, I'd settle for a complete DVD release of the series if that's what it's going to be.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #14
MorallySound
There is no magic.

EXISITING THREAD: http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44697

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
spawningblue
Deadite

I see a lot of these getting released and probably on Blu-ray. Looking at what titles Scream, Arrow, ect. have released I'm surprised to see a lot of titles listed here.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is online now   Reply With Quote