Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Reader Polls

View Poll Results: Same
The original Evil Dead trilogy 7 20.59%
A nightmare on elm street original 4 11.76%
Friday the 13th the original 11 32.35%
Halloween original 0 0%
Saw 2 5.88%
Your chose 10 29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #46
Anthropophagus
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
I liked Hatchet way better than Saw III and any of those Saw movies.
Same here.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #47
Grim
HackMaster
 
Grim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 7,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
To me your not a true Horror fan if you just watch Horror film's for the gore and nudity which ultimately make's you feel like you are cool. A true horror fan is someone who watches a Horror film for a excellent plot,likable and reatalible characters & some scares. See those who just watch it because it's gory and has some nudity don't resecpt the art of the film. I don't consider porn art I consider it a insult to something that's mean't to an moment of the full expersion of love which is sex.I would illegalize porn.Gore has no artistic merit to me it's just bullshit. Movie's are an art-from they need to resecpted by people buying Blu-ray's & DVD's not using Redbox,Netflix & Vudu which only provides people with the low understanding of what films are their not just entertainment their art. Book's are art,Games are,Paintings are art,Photgraphy's are art,Movies are art & everything else isn't
Your avatar is from Friday the 13th. This argument is invalid.
__________________
AIM: MrGrim132002
Grim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #48
Body Boy
HackMaster
 
Body Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
To me your not a true Horror fan if you just watch Horror film's for the gore and nudity which ultimately make's you feel like you are cool. A true horror fan is someone who watches a Horror film for a excellent plot,likable and reatalible characters & some scares. See those who just watch it because it's gory and has some nudity don't resecpt the art of the film. I don't consider porn art I consider it a insult to something that's mean't to an moment of the full expersion of love which is sex.I would illegalize porn.Gore has no artistic merit to me it's just bullshit. Movie's are an art-from they need to resecpted by people buying Blu-ray's & DVD's not using Redbox,Netflix & Vudu which only provides people with the low understanding of what films are their not just entertainment their art. Book's are art,Games are,Paintings are art,Photgraphy's are art,Movies are art & everything else isn't
...

...

Ok, we agree on parts but evidently disagree on others. I usually discount someone the moment they mention something ridiculous as "true fan", but I dig your fascist groove thang. I think more things are art like sculptures and architecture at times. I agree that people tend to reduce films to a quick & easy consumer product when they watch on their phone or with noisy background. It's not something to be multi-tasked with imo. But I wouldn't outright ban things. Freedom of choice for people. I'm not going to say that porn can never be art, because I think that it can with the inclusion of non-pornographic elements. Gore such as the bloody death of the psychic in Deep Red was a positive to the film, though I haven't seen it without so maybe it would have been better that way. Idk. While I prefer films that do not make nudity and gore the centerpiece, I won't say that I have the knowledge to discount the possibility that they may be used to merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
There was a nude scene in the first Hatchet?
Yes, the two women flashed the camera for that sleazy guy.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #49
Body Boy
HackMaster
 
Body Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Your avatar is from Friday the 13th. This argument is invalid.
Depends on the entry. Parts 1-5 I believe would be good without their gore or nudity. With Hatchet, remove that and you have... nothing to write home about at all.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #50
ThisEvilBastard
Banned Mofo
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Loomis California
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Your avatar is from Friday the 13th. This argument is invalid.
So your insulting the Friday the 13th fanbase their.

Sure Friday the 13th series is full of gore and nudity but the 1-4 are the one's who have the best characters & story's with a shitload of scares.
Part 5 is the worst of the franchise and is pure trash.
Part 6 is the best IMHO(conderductive yes but not really) it has scares
Part 7 is bad
Part 8 can be better
Part 9 had poitential
Part 10 was stupid fun
Part 11 was a dream filled mis-opturinty
The remake is not good
ThisEvilBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #51
Body Boy
HackMaster
 
Body Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
Part 5 is the worst of the franchise and is pure trash.
Omg, Part 5 is excellent! It's just like the first four, except upping the kitsch factor. The series was never the same after this one. The last good entry.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #52
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
Part 6 is the best IMHO(conderductive yes but not really) it has scares
what word did you think you were using here?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #53
deepred
Maniac
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
what word did you think you were using here?
Obviously, it was counterproductive - can't you read?
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #54
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!
 
Fistfuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: S Philly
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Obviously, it was counterproductive - can't you read?
No, I'm pretty sure it's "superconductive." You know, like copper, but like a lot of it.
__________________
"They said they were going skinny dipping. But I'm not skinny enough."

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #55
MorallySound
There is no magic.
 
MorallySound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEvilBastard View Post
Part 6 is the best IMHO
Friday the 13th Part 6 is the worst in my opinion. It's the Nightmare on Elm Street 4 of the Friday the 13ths.
__________________
"Things only seem to be magic. There is no real magic. There's no real magic ever." - Martin

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #56
ThisEvilBastard
Banned Mofo
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Loomis California
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Friday the 13th Part 6 is the worst in my opinion. It's the Nightmare on Elm Street 4 of the Friday the 13ths.
Wow InMyOpinon

A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 & Friday the 13th Part 6 are the best of both franchises.
ThisEvilBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #57
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfuck View Post
No, I'm pretty sure it's "superconductive." You know, like copper, but like a lot of it.
explain to me how something can be superconductive, yes but not really?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #58
Body Boy
HackMaster
 
Body Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Friday the 13th Part 6 is the worst in my opinion. It's the Nightmare on Elm Street 4 of the Friday the 13ths.
I don't think either of them are the worst, but they both jump the shark. Elm Street 4 is so commercial it's sickening, and Part VI turns Jason into a Terminator for all the fathers out there. That's what I think of when I think of Jason Lives: a Father movie. Not a fan of winking killers if you know what I mean.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #59
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!
 
Fistfuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: S Philly
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
explain to me how something can be superconductive, yes but not really?
Like, you know, Ash superconducts Jesus through the Dracula 2000 timeline. Or something. I'm no physician, dude.
__________________
"They said they were going skinny dipping. But I'm not skinny enough."

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #60
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,839
I think you mean "superconduct's Jesu's"
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com