Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-19-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
DefJeff
Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Question The Gore Gore Girls DVD, OOP?

Just curious if anyone knows if this DVD from Something Wierd has gone out of print? Can't seem to find it IN STOCK on any sites online, and I've had it ON ORDER from 2 different sites for about half a month now, with still no sign of it being stocked to come.

Any info would be apprecaited... I've had this movie twice, and traded it both times , I'd hate to be stuck now

My Growing DVD Collection
DefJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
Agent Z
"Get to the river...

THE GORE GORE GIRLS is listed as available at Amazon...which is a pretty good barometer.....although DDD has it the cheapest...

THE GORE GORE GIRLS info page at DDD

THE GORE GORE GIRLS info page at Amazon
Old 07-19-2003, 09:19 PM   #3
DefJeff
Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Yeah, DDD is one of the places I've had it on order from, for about half a month and it still wasnt restocked (its out of stock now)

I did see that Amazon thing.. I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll just order it from there and see what happens. I didn't wanna have to wait the approx. 11-12 days for it to ship, but I guess I've waited that long anyways huh

Old 07-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #4
Agent Z
"Get to the river...

Something Weird Video also has THE GORE GORE GIRLS listed as available at their site . Also, keep in mind that Something Weird Video has a track record of being slow filling orders to suppliers. I've waited longer than two weeks for some of their titles........just the nature of the beast.........
Old 07-20-2003, 12:21 AM   #5
onebyone

I have it ordered at Amazon right now, and I am STILL waiting for it to ship and it is well past 12 days. More like 18. Everyday I check my email expecting to see, "Sorry it isn't available." I am feeling your worries Def, I waited to upgrade my vhs and now I am worried I am stuck too.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:30 AM   #6
Mark Relford
Chairman of the Bored

Damn, that sucks... Hope you guys get a copy. The commentary with Lewis and the amusing excerpt from "Love Goddess of Blood Island" are great!
Old 07-20-2003, 12:57 AM   #7
hell ya!
~Go ahead, make my day~

I've had a DVD(Kiss Of The Vampire) ordered since May 3rd with shiping in 11-12 days from Amazon and it still hasn''t shipped yet. I don't think i'm ever gonna get it.

"Devil on the left
An angel on the right
There's no mistake
Who I'll be with tonight"
DANZIG
hell ya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 01:06 AM   #8
Atmims

This better not be OOP. I was planning on re-buying this because for some reason mine is gone. I don't remeber selling it or loaning it out either.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:17 AM   #9
Reverenddave
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by hell ya!
I've had a DVD(Kiss Of The Vampire) ordered since May 3rd with shiping in 11-12 days from Amazon and it still hasn''t shipped yet. I don't think i'm ever gonna get it.
Kiss Of The Vampire is one of the Image DVDs that had been licensed from Universal. All those DVDs went out of print over a year ago. I'd recommend ordering it directly from a private seller at Amazon Marketplace, Half.com or eBay.
Reverenddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 01:33 AM   #10
hell ya!
~Go ahead, make my day~

Quote:
Originally posted by Reverenddave
Kiss Of The Vampire is one of the Image DVDs that had been licensed from Universal. All those DVDs went out of print over a year ago. I'd recommend ordering it directly from a private seller at Amazon Marketplace, Half.com or eBay.
Ya i'll probably order it from the marketplace, i knew it was OOP but i thought that Amazon might still have a few left.

"Devil on the left
An angel on the right
There's no mistake
Who I'll be with tonight"
DANZIG
hell ya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:36 AM   #11
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Listen, there's no way that Gore Gore Girls will go out of print because that's one of SWV's golden eggs, they're just stoned or something.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:50 AM   #12
gangreen

Talking

I've also had it on order at Amazon for ages now . I e-mailed Image entertainment and they said it was still in print.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:17 AM   #13
DefJeff
Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Phew , thats good news Gangreen! Let's just hope the sites get stocked up soon!

Old 07-22-2003, 02:02 AM   #14
onebyone

I just got an email from Amazon pushing the shipping date back to August 18 - September 1. That is quite a range huh? At any rate, I was slightly pissed, but my worries that it was out of print softened the blow.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:32 AM   #15
Agent Z
"Get to the river...

Ok....so I email customer service at Something Weird...

"To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing on behalf of several members at horrordvds.com, concerning the status of THE GORE GORE GIRLS. Is this dvd title currently in issue, or has it become OOP? Many forum members have expressed concerns about not being able to receive THE GORE GORE GIRLS, after having placed orders through online vendors. It's understandable if there is a delay in fuflilling merchants' inventory needs, but we wanted to know if the title was still in print and being produced. Thanks for your attention to this matter!"

and got this:

"As far as I know it's still in print. Although we are currently out of stock.

thanks
tim-swv"

(If I thought that anybody would have had a definite answer, it wou......ahh forget it!)

Anyway, all this talk about THE GORE GORE GIRLS got me interested in the title myself. So I placed an order with DDD this past Saturday and got the notice yesterday that the dvd has shipped!