Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #1
Paul0889
Maniac

trick or treat dvd

has anyone seen this? i found it yesterday at best buy for only 4.99 and watched it for the first time and thought it was pretty cool. the transfer on the other hand is pretty much crap but for only 4.99 it was worth it
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:51 AM   #2
RyanPC

I was very disappointed in this film, but if you're a fan you can't go wrong for the price. I didn't think the transfer was all that bad, the quality is better than a VHS tape at any rate.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:14 AM   #3
legnadibrom

disappointed in this film?
i think it's a fun flick, any movie with some cheesy metal in it can't be all bad
Old 08-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
Luna

Trick or Treat is one of my nostalgia movies from the 80s. Hell, it's got Ozzy and Gene Simmons! And cheesy metal! AND Skippy from Family Ties! Sheeit. What the hell more do you need?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:17 AM   #5
skeull

Exclamation De Laurentiis' Eye Candy Flick

It's definitley dated, but its fun to watch with a group of people and just kick back, open a can, and MST3K-boot it.

Other than that, it's not that bad, but it's nothing scary. The DVD cover alone with Ozzy and Simmons is misleading, since they are barely even in the film.

Check it out, you might like it or might regret it.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:20 PM   #6
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Glen Morgan(director of Willard and X Files) is also in it as Marc Price's dorky friend. I like this movie, even though it can't be taken seriously.(Ragman?) Also, blink and you'll miss Kevin Yagher at the High School Halloween Dance scene. He also did the special effects.
Tawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:21 PM   #7
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Fun film and the transfer isn't bad. Well worth the cheap price!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
wizzer
get outta here ewe

go skippy!

my wife watches this about once a week.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #9
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I loved this movie when I was a teen and it came out, but it didn't hold up well for me upon viewing the dvd.
It has it's moments, but most of the time I found myself trying to figure out why I ever liked it. Still, for $5 or so (fucking $6 here), you can't go too wrong. If you hate it, they were getting around $10-15 on ebay a few months ago, or you can always take it to Blockbuster and get $5-7 off a new release.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #10
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse
If you hate it, they were getting around $10-15 on ebay a few months ago, or you can always take it to Blockbuster and get $5-7 off a new release.
I have no idea why they were going for this high, but I bought a few just to sell and definitely made a profit on every one of them. They aren't getting the same price anymore, maybe, because you can get this dvd everywhere now. It was good while it lasted!!
Old 08-18-2004, 04:22 PM   #11
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey
I have no idea why they were going for this high, but I bought a few just to sell and definitely made a profit on every one of them. They aren't getting the same price anymore, maybe, because you can get this dvd everywhere now. It was good while it lasted!!
I too made a little extra cheese from this and The Wraith, which are now everywhere. Then the real $ came from Lusicous (Kari Wurher), but that disc does seem to be OOP for real now as I haven't seen one in months. I'd say Bare Wench Project and Lus. are the only Platinum dvds I can name are truely OOP and worth anything on the secondary market.

My Fucking DVDS
Old 08-18-2004, 06:57 PM   #12
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Didn't know about those 2, but I'll look out for them. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, The Wraith was another one for me as well. I finally got myself a copy after no more money was to be made. Trick or Treat I ended up ripping a copy and selling mine, because it was worth it back then.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:34 PM   #13
fcalderon

The German and Aussie DVD releases are the ones to go for if we talk about "Trick Or Treat".

The American one is extremely poor on video, audio, extras, everything ...

Hugs,
Franco
Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 PM   #14
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcalderon
The German and Aussie DVD releases are the ones to go for if we talk about "Trick Or Treat".

The American one is extremely poor on video, audio, extras, everything ...

Hugs,
Franco
That's right. If anyone really likes the movie, I saw the German disc on ebay one day. Pretty sure it was widescreen, and had the cool, proper cover art instead of the BS on the Plat. disc. Here's what it's supposed to look like (thankx to moviegoods.com for all the sweet scans)

My Fucking DVDS

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 08-18-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:04 PM   #15
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey
Same here. I listed them for like $1 each and some of them ended up going over $40. Sold a bunch of the Wraith DVD's too.

Hey, if people wanna pay that much without being forced.........

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote