Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #31
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
As far as stuff to get rid of here it goes hope you agree. Some of this stuff I either don't like or wouldn't want to re-watch.

My cousin Vinnie

Ahhh.

baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #32
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Our tastes are much different, it would be unfair for me to comment.
Stuff like TommyBoy, Dodgeball, Zoolander and The House Bunny has never done anything for me on an entertainment level, so...
Some great stuff in there though like Bubba Ho-Tep and Dead Snow.
There's an old man who runs a used record shop in my old neighborhood that actually still buys used dvds, so every once in a while I rid myself of stuff I no longer watch.
The current line-up waiting to get the axe is Chillerama, Marley and Me, Dolls, Girls Gone Dead, Night Claws, Drag Me To Hell, Black Devil Doll and Madman(Anchor Bay).

Last edited by Anthropophagus; 06-26-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #33
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I actually enjoyed Chillerama and Drag Me To Hell, but according to my husband and brother, I have no taste in movies, because most of my DVD/Blu-Ray collections consists of horror films, some that are, according to them, dumb; stupid; why did you buy it; they suck big time. Me and my brother grew up watching horror films with our Mom, because she was a horror fan, but my collection, my Mom would have never watched. Cannibal Holocaust L.E, All the Faces of Death, including the 30th Anniversary Edition, and this is just to name a few. I also have other movies, like the Porky's Collection of all three movies, and we saw the first two Porky's at the theater, Animal House. At last count, I have at least 500 Blu-Ray/DVDs, and I plan on growing this a little more.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #34
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Can't help you deciding what to ditch, but since DVDs are all but completely worthless, have you considered donating them to overseas military personnel?

www.dvdstothetroops.org

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #35
cjg
Maniac

I would get rid of everything on the shelf that starts with Something About Mary with the exception of Dazed / Fast Times double pack
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #36
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
I would get rid of everything on the shelf that starts with Something About Mary with the exception of Dazed / Fast Times double pack
Definitely hang onto Fast Times, but even more important than that, you need to keep Private School.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #37
deepred
Maniac

Trade in House Bunny and Smiley Face for May. Anna Faris shouldn't be completely short-changed.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #38
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfuck View Post
Can't help you deciding what to ditch, but since DVDs are all but completely worthless, have you considered donating them to overseas military personnel?

www.dvdstothetroops.org
That's a really good idea; I will certainly donate several.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Trade in House Bunny and Smiley Face for May. Anna Faris shouldn't be completely short-changed.
I have May, and it's not going anywhere
(I love Anna Faris, maybe a little too much)
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #39
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
That's a really good idea; I will certainly donate several.

I have May, and it's not going anywhere
(I love Anna Faris, maybe a little too much)
Excuse my ignorance. Where are the pictures of your collection, so I could see the movies that you may want to ditch? I have no idea where everyone else is seeing them.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #40
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Good call. She's fantastic in May.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The House Bunny cracked me up. I enjoyed it way more than I ever expected.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #42
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
9: The Shawshank Redemption. A film much better in memory than in reality. As a kid, this got off on the wrong foot right away with that courtroom scene. As an adult, the implications of the film's romanticization of prison life is even more disturbing.
I don't know, Andy is subjected to some harsh and cruel treatment at the prison. The ending is romantic I suppose, but it was a melodrama they were making.

I haven't seen Good Will Hunting in a long time, but remember liking it quite a bit. Tommy Boy and most the other comedies... I'd side with DVD Fanatic on those.

Honestly, just go through you're titles and figure out the ones you don't watch that often. Most the titles I own are ones I know I'll want on hand when the inclination strikes me to watch them.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:33 AM   #43
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
Excuse my ignorance. Where are the pictures of your collection, so I could see the movies that you may want to ditch? I have no idea where everyone else is seeing them.
In the second comment in the thread (they may be large files though), and also in my album in my profile (the first three images in the only album there).

So far I've decided to ditch -
Doghouse
the two Will Ferrell SNL disks
Eaten Alive
Smiley Face
Blood for Dracula
Dog Soldiers
Jungle Holocaust
and probably the House Bunny

I got rid of some others on other shelves as well (not pictured).

The towers have 28 shelves each (4 sides with 7 shelves). I started with 6 sides completely full, and am now down to 5. My goal is to reach 4 - so now I have to cut another 20%.

I want to rewatch some that I probably don't need to keep after that, so I think my goal will be to reach the 20% reduction by the end of the year.

I haven't decided what to do with my French movies yet (6 shelves total, with some real stinkers included, but for now at least I like having that as a collection).

The more I get rid of the easier it is to get rid of them. It's a somewhat strange set though (aside from the French ones). I'm upgrading my favorite movies to blu-ray, so I'm not keeping those DVDs, and I'm getting rid of movies I don't care about that much.

So the upshot is that I'm keeping movies that I like, or even love, but don't love enough to upgrade (or that aren't available yet, soon, or cheaply).

edit: I should probably clarify - the 9 I listed here to ditch are ones that I don't care about that much.

Last edited by msw7; 06-27-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #44
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Our tastes are much different, it would be unfair for me to comment.
Stuff like TommyBoy, Dodgeball, Zoolander and The House Bunny has never done anything for me on an entertainment level, so...
Some great stuff in there though like Bubba Ho-Tep and Dead Snow.
There's an old man who runs a used record shop in my old neighborhood that actually still buys used dvds, so every once in a while I rid myself of stuff I no longer watch.
The current line-up waiting to get the axe is Chillerama, Marley and Me, Dolls, Girls Gone Dead, Night Claws, Drag Me To Hell, Black Devil Doll and Madman(Anchor Bay).
I got rid of Black Devil Doll a long time ago (definitely not as good as I hoped it would be). Marley and Me is something I could never watch - I had a golden retriever and it would make me far too sad (the book just destroyed me).
Old 06-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #45
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
Eaten Alive
Blood for Dracula
Jungle Holocaust
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote