Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #46
Anthropophagus
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
I got rid of Black Devil Doll a long time ago (definitely not as good as I hoped it would be). Marley and Me is something I could never watch - I had a golden retriever and it would make me far too sad (the book just destroyed me).
I empathize with your love of animals.
Black Devil Doll seemed like a failed porno with horrendously repulsive women, it just tried too hard to be blaxploitation and wound up juvenile and irritating.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #47
Anthropophagus
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123 View Post
I actually enjoyed Chillerama and Drag Me To Hell, but according to my husband and brother, I have no taste in movies, because most of my DVD/Blu-Ray collections consists of horror films, some that are, according to them, dumb; stupid; why did you buy it; they suck big time. Me and my brother grew up watching horror films with our Mom, because she was a horror fan, but my collection, my Mom would have never watched. Cannibal Holocaust L.E, All the Faces of Death, including the 30th Anniversary Edition, and this is just to name a few. I also have other movies, like the Porky's Collection of all three movies, and we saw the first two Porky's at the theater, Animal House. At last count, I have at least 500 Blu-Ray/DVDs, and I plan on growing this a little more.
I like Drag Me To Hell, I'm just burnt on it. I've seen it a dozen times probably and don't see a need to re-visit any time soon.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #48
msw7
Morso a morte
 
msw7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Whale's Vagina, USA
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I changed my mind already about Blood for Dracula - I thought it was the weaker of the pair, relative to Flesh for Frankenstein, but I'm not quite ready to let it go yet.

But, the cannibal ones are right out (Holocaust may follow soon, but Ferox was my favorite of these).

I rewatched the beginning of the House Bunny tonight, and that's gone for sure too. It's mildly amusing, but not necessary.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #49
Anthropophagus
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
I changed my mind already about Blood for Dracula - I thought it was the weaker of the pair, relative to Flesh for Frankenstein, but I'm not quite ready to let it go yet.

But, the cannibal ones are right out (Holocaust may follow soon, but Ferox was my favorite of these).

I rewatched the beginning of the House Bunny tonight, and that's gone for sure too. It's mildly amusing, but not necessary.
I actually love Blood for Dracula, I can't believe I've put off buying that and Flesh...for so long.
I've detested every cannibal film I've ever watched, the only one I found mildly interesting was the Slave of the Cannibal God with Ursula Andress. They imbued it with a tacky Raiders-style B-movie vibe that worked on some levels.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #50
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
I changed my mind already about Blood for Dracula - I thought it was the weaker of the pair, relative to Flesh for Frankenstein, but I'm not quite ready to let it go yet.
you're right, I think flesh is better too, but I wouldn't want to let either of them go. the other two are a little easier to say goodbye to...
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #51
baggio
HackMaster
 
baggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
In the second comment in the thread (they may be large files though), and also in my album in my profile (the first three images in the only album there).
There are no pictures in post #2 (on my computer/firefox, although Internet explorer shows red/white X boxes)

I guess it's not meant to be on my end. Sorry, I would have loved to participate in your thread.


This is what your post looks like on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
Ok, that picture is ridiculous - here are three better ones that cover all the shelves.

This is what it looks like when I reply to your post with quotes: (pic links are hidden but don't work. Error when I click on them or paste them in another window)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post

Last edited by baggio; 06-27-2013 at 05:56 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #52
msw7
Morso a morte
 
msw7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Whale's Vagina, USA
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
There are no pictures in post #2 (on my computer/firefox, although Internet explorer shows red/white X boxes)

I guess it's not meant to be on my end. Sorry, I would have loved to participate in your thread.


This is what your post looks like on my end.




This is what it looks like when I reply to your post with quotes: (pic links are hidden but don't work. Error when I click on them or paste them in another window)
Hmmm, sorry! I don't really have any idea what's wrong - the images display fine for me in Safari (even following your links), but I just got an error message in firefox that the images contain errors. It seems to think they're GIFs, when they should be jpgs. I'll see if I can fix them by tonight.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #53
msw7
Morso a morte
 
msw7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Whale's Vagina, USA
Posts: 1,537
Does this work baggio? (I cut the image size in half, and saved as a GIF)



http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/a...&pictureid=828

(weird, the link works for me in firefox now, but the image won't show up in either Safari or firefox) - I gotta run for work.. but I'll try the others when I get home.

Last edited by msw7; 06-27-2013 at 06:12 PM.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #54
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
Does this work baggio? (I cut the image size in half, and saved as a GIF)

I couldn't see them before either, and I can't see this one. I was able to see them in your profile, though.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #55
baggio
HackMaster
 
baggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
Does this work baggio? (I cut the image size in half, and saved as a GIF)



http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/a...&pictureid=828

(weird, the link works for me in firefox now, but the image won't show up in either Safari or firefox) - I gotta run for work.. but I'll try the others when I get home.

Yes, that one works. Thanks

From there I went to your album to see the other pics.

DVD's I would get rid of:

Good Will Hunting
Otis
Smiley Face
Ginger Snaps 2
Men in Black

Last edited by baggio; 06-27-2013 at 06:52 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #56
spawningblue
Deadite
 
spawningblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,061
Pics don't work for me either. I took a quick glance at them in your profile though and I would get rid of most of them. Almost all of them have been upgraded with better editions on Blu-ray. They are only going to be worth less as time goes by.

Any time a movie hits Blu-ray as long as it includes everything from the DVD I get rid of it. The earlier, the more it's worth as once the Blu hits it drops even more. The way I see it, if I like it enough I'll re buy it on Blu-ray, if I don't feel the need to own it I won't. There are still lots of movies I haven't replaced it, and it's probably because I don't feel the need to watch them again.

And if you don't have a Blu-ray player yet, well use the money selling most of these to grab one (They are as cheap as $50 now, probably cheaper). This will help clear out the crap and allow you to watch your favourites in the best possible quality. It's a win win really. Plus, Blu-rays take up a less space on a shelf. Doesn't seem like much, but if you have a lot of them you will notice the difference.
__________________
"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 AM   #57
msw7
Morso a morte
 
msw7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Whale's Vagina, USA
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Pics don't work for me either. I took a quick glance at them in your profile though and I would get rid of most of them. Almost all of them have been upgraded with better editions on Blu-ray. They are only going to be worth less as time goes by.

Any time a movie hits Blu-ray as long as it includes everything from the DVD I get rid of it. The earlier, the more it's worth as once the Blu hits it drops even more. The way I see it, if I like it enough I'll re buy it on Blu-ray, if I don't feel the need to own it I won't. There are still lots of movies I haven't replaced it, and it's probably because I don't feel the need to watch them again.

And if you don't have a Blu-ray player yet, well use the money selling most of these to grab one (They are as cheap as $50 now, probably cheaper). This will help clear out the crap and allow you to watch your favourites in the best possible quality. It's a win win really. Plus, Blu-rays take up a less space on a shelf. Doesn't seem like much, but if you have a lot of them you will notice the difference.
I do have blu ray, and a widescreen hi-def TV, which even DVDs look phenomenal on. I went through an upgrade changing from VHS to DVD, and I don't really want to spend a lot of money on these same movies again, but you do have a point that's hard to argue against...
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #58
Body Boy
HackMaster
 
Body Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,772
Smiley Face is hilarious!
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #59
msw7
Morso a morte
 
msw7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Whale's Vagina, USA
Posts: 1,537
Another bunch I'm ditching -
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
American Psycho
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Office Space
Anchorman
Donnie Darko (this one I'm upgrading to blu)


(plus others, like the Star Wars and Indiana Jones boxed set)
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #60
msw7
Morso a morte
 
msw7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Whale's Vagina, USA
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
Smiley Face is hilarious!
It is, but...
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com