Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #61
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
Smiley Face is hilarious!
I enjoyed it too. Her roomate liked to f**k skulls.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #62
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
I enjoyed it too. Her roomate liked to f**k skulls.
When the smile she draws in the sky turns into a skull and roars at her... I laughed out loud for a good 30 seconds. It can be equally seen as an anti-marijuana film as well as a "These are the typically harmless people we're filling the jails with? Really?" As far as comedies go, it was smart and for the most part true to life. Mostly.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #63
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
I changed my mind already about Blood for Dracula - I thought it was the weaker of the pair, relative to Flesh for Frankenstein, but I'm not quite ready to let it go yet.
I actually like Blood for Dracula more (I seem to pop it in the player way more often than Flesh for Frankenstein), if only for the total DIY nature of it. Frankenstein was planned scripted and budgeted....Dracula was done with the leftover money when Frankenstein came in under budget. Write pages at night, film it the next day. You can totally see they were making it up as they went along, and finally got far enough in that they had to just wrap the whole thing up. Fun stuff.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #64
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I actually like Blood for Dracula more (I seem to pop it in the player way more often than Flesh for Frankenstein), if only for the total DIY nature of it. Frankenstein was planned scripted and budgeted....Dracula was done with the leftover money when Frankenstein came in under budget. Write pages at night, film it the next day. You can totally see they were making it up as they went along, and finally got far enough in that they had to just wrap the whole thing up. Fun stuff.
Flesh for Frankenstein won me over completely with this quote: "To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"

That's just brilliantly written.
msw7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #65
msw7
Morso a morte

Thanks for the tips and discussion everyone!

I'm nearly finished with this purge, and while I didn't decide to completely blow it up, I am getting rid of maybe 35% of my total, which meets my immediate space goals. I'll probably continue to purge over time.

I packed up the first three boxes today, 2 to amazon trade in (to upgrade a few titles with maybe a little left over), and another box to donate to the troops.

I have about another hundred or so that I'll shop around locally, and another 50 non-region 1 and/or PAL that I may sell off in lots (maybe here or ebay, or the local stores if they'll take them).

All told I'm getting rid of more than 300 disks. It feels good.

I rearranged them on the shelves, so I lost track of which of the ones pictured I ultimately got rid of - but in addition to the ones already mentioned, I think I ditched Dead Alive, Dodgeball, My Cousin Vinny, and quite a few others - most or all of which I plan to upgrade, and have blus out for less than $10 already - no wonder the DVDs are worthless! Although I have to say, I'd be hard pressed to guess whether a DVD with an anamorphic picture looks any worse than a blu ray - on a 45" TV from 12 feet away - so I definitely don't see the need to upgrade all of my favorites.
msw7 is online now   Reply With Quote