Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 07-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #16
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
wait, what steelbooks have synapse released?
Demons and Demons 2 got steelbook releases which are high cost and only available on their site. Pretty much everyone's hoping they do normal blu releases too.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #17
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

From Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse Films

Full aperture, uncorrected, unsized 35mm frame from the OCN of PROM NIGHT. Because you wanted me to post a frame from it, too. Here ya go.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #18
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Demons and Demons 2 got steelbook releases which are high cost and only available on their site. Pretty much everyone's hoping they do normal blu releases too.
I figured they are releasing those that way so they could get some cash flow so they could acquire more titles. I'm sure a lot of their stuff isn't selling that great as most of their stuff is pretty obscure and I'm sure those steelbooks will help them out.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #19
ronnie21
HackMaster

that shot doesn't look too bad..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #20
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
I figured they are releasing those that way so they could get some cash flow so they could acquire more titles. I'm sure a lot of their stuff isn't selling that great as most of their stuff is pretty obscure and I'm sure those steelbooks will help them out.
That doesn't make sense to me. Demons 1&2 are somewhat popular titles. The fact that they released them as pretty expensive steelbooks is the main reason they lost me and I'm sure a lot of others. Also, they don't ship outside the US which limits them further.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #21
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
That doesn't make sense to me. Demons 1&2 are somewhat popular titles. The fact that they released them as pretty expensive steelbooks is the main reason they lost me and I'm sure a lot of others. Also, they don't ship outside the US which limits them further.
They will sell better because they are popular. It wouldn't make sense to do expensive limited edition tins for unpopular titles to raise money. I know a lot of people did not bite but a lot of people did.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:39 AM   #22
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
They will sell better because they are popular. It wouldn't make sense to do expensive limited edition tins for unpopular titles to raise money. I know a lot of people did not bite but a lot of people did.
The fact that they haven't sold out yet after being available for a few months say to me that it was a pretty average move. If they went to Amazon I may have bitten but I still don't understand why the release is limited to their site.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #23
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
The fact that they haven't sold out yet after being available for a few months say to me that it was a pretty average move. If they went to Amazon I may have bitten but I still don't understand why the release is limited to their site.
I just hope it was a one time thing. I did it for Demons 1 but I can't really afford to do it again.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #24
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
I just hope it was a one time thing. I did it for Demons 1 but I can't really afford to do it again.
I think we're all hoping that. If there has in fact been a lack of interest I assume they won't go down that road again.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #25
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
oh, right. i'd forgotten about those. yeah, i really hope they don't make a habit out of it.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #26
chancetx
Stalker

Very excited for this and "Curtains." "Prom Night" was one of the first movies I taped when we got our first VCR. I suppose nostalgia colors my love for the movie - it is slow and the disco dance scenes go on seemingly forever. But that opening with the kids is still horrifying and I enjoy the buildup to the final confrontation. I remember as a kid thinking Eddie Benton was really sexy - much prettier than Jamie Lee Curtis. Though the entire cast looks WAY too old to be playing high schoolers.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #27
Erick H.
HackMaster

I enjoy this one.It's always been a "soft" looking film,hope they don't overcorrect the films natural look.Still,love to see a defnitive release.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #28
Stige
HackMaster

well this will be mine even if they do a limited platinum cover for twice the price of demons! Good news all around for these two releases
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #29
Mattapooh
Maniac

I really didn't care for Curtains aside from the skating scene, but I would buy the shit out of a Prom Night Blu.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #30
rhett

Awesome news, one of my personal favorites, and a film that's in dire need of a remaster. Hopefully this comes with some Red Shirt extras or something along those lines. Unreal to think that there are no extras for this film despite it being released a handful of times by different companies. Then again, look at Happy Birthday to Me and When A Stranger Calls...no extras for either of them also. Love seeing that frame from the film, the colors sure pop there and the soft focus filter gives the film a heavenly haze that it's never really had on video before.

"Hey, I'm slick." "So I noticed..."

-- Hopefully that's what we're all saying when we see this transfer!!!