HackMaster

Tremors Attack Pack 9/17

Seems all the Tremors films are coming to Blu-ray in one collection!:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Tre...SIN=B00DNUSG0U
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Nice! I just hope Universal doesn't utilize all "old" HD masters and then apply copious amounts of edge enhancement.

The old Blu-ray of the first film was okay, but it had it's share of transfer problems.

The "2 Discs" description is a bit worrying though. The old Blu-ray of the first film itself was a dual-layer disc, so I hope the three sequels won't all just be jammed onto a 2nd disc.

Last edited by Katatonia; 06-27-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Extras announced!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11535

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced it will release all four Tremors films on Blu-ray (three of which are making their high definition debuts) in a two-disc Tremors: Attack Pack set. The classic horror-comedy series comes to Blu-ray on September 17th.

Tremors (Released on Blu-ray in 2010)

Synopsis: Just as Val McKee (Kevin Bacon) and Earl Basset (Fred Ward) decide to leave Perfection, Nevada, strange rumblings prevent their departure. With the help of a shapely seismology student (Finn Carter), they discover their desolate town is infested with gigantic man-eating creatures that live below the ground. The race is on to overcome these slimy subterraneans and find a way to higher ground. The original Tremors also stars Michael Gross, Reba McEntire and Victor Wong.

Tremors features 1080p video and a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround track. Extras include:

◦The Making of Tremors
◦Kevin Bacon Profile
◦Michael Gross Profile
◦Reba McEntire Profile
◦Theatrical Trailers
Tremors 2: Aftershocks (Blu-ray debut)

Synopsis: They're back! The giant underground creatures that terrorized a desert town in Tremors are now plowing their way through Mexican oil fields, gobbling up everything and everyone around-and only one man can stop them. In the style of its predecessor, this comedy sci-fi creature feature reunites Fred Ward as down-on-his-luck Earl Basset and Michael Gross as gung-ho survivalist Burt Gummer, two desert desperadoes who take on the task of destroying the monsters. Partnered with them is Christopher Gartin, a young guy in need of kicks, cash, and a career change, and Helen Shaver, a sexy and intrepid scientist who's seen it all…until now. Together they devise an ingenious plan for tracking and killing the creatures.

Tremors 2 features 1080p video and a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround track. The series' first sequel doesn't include any supplemental content.

Tremors 3: Back to Perfection (Blu-ray debut)

Synopsis: Those morphing, man-eating monsters are shaking things up again in the dusty little town of Perfection, Nevada – and survivalist Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) is the only solution to the latest in evolution! Aided by a couple of young local entrepreneurs (Shawn Christian and Susan Chuang), Burt pits his impressive knowledge of weaponry against the newest and deadliest generation of Graboids. If Burt and his new partners can't find a way to stop them, then the creatures that put Perfection on the map will wipe it right off the face of the earth. Tremors 3 promises earth-shaking, explosive, edge-of-your-seat entertainment.

Tremors 2 features 1080p video and a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround track. Extras include a "Spotlight on Location" featurette. Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (Blu-ray debut)

Synopsis: Get ready to be shaken to your core by the all-new prequel to the original Tremors! When workers in a remote mining town of Rejection, Nevada, fall prey to an unseen creature, the mine's owner, Hiram Gummer (Michael Gross), great-grandfather to Tremors' Burt Gummer, hires a mercenary to destroy the carnivorous creatures before they swallow up his profits. What follows is an all-out assault that takes the battleground from deep in the earth to a suspense-filled showdown on the streets of Rejection! Tremors 4:The Legend Begins will thrill you with incredible action sequences, awesome bonus features and earth-shaking special effects created by the award-winning team behind the original box-office hit, Tremors. Tremors 4 features 1080p video and a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround track. Extras include:

◦Feature Commentary with Director S.S. Wilson
◦You're on the Set of Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
◦Dirt Dragons
◦Miniatures Production
◦S.S. Wilson's Student Film "Recorded Live" "

Now my guess on the discs: It will probably be 2 films for each disc.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I already have Tremors on blu-ray.

If they release a set with just 2 - 4, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I guess I'll be sticking with my DVDs.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Katatonia
Master of Doom

It looks like Universal have actually "remastered" the first Tremors in this new set ...or at least heavily cut back on the DNR and edge enhancement. There's actually grain visible now.

The pictures posted in that link are just camera shots off an LCD TV, but you can still see the improvement.

Time to order it and ditch the old Blu-ray! If only the idiots at Universal would have done it right the first time...

Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

It kind of pisses me off how studios are releasing one movie, then a couple years later release the entire set so the only way to get the sequels is to rebuy the first movie.

Tremors, only way to get 2 - 4 is the Attack Pack.
Jeepers Creepers, only way to get Jeepers Creepers 2 is the double feature.
Child's Play, only way to get 2 - 5 is the complete series collection.
A Nightmare On Elm Street, only way to get 4 - 7 is the boxset.
Friday The 13th, only way to get 4 - X is the boxset.
Amityville Horror, only way to get 2 - 3 is the boxset.

And of course, I'm the dumb shit who actually buys these movies when they get released instead of waiting for the studios to get their shit together.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Jeepers Creepers, only way to get Jeepers Creepers 2 is the double feature.
Double features are normally the same price as a normal movie.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I watched the first Tremors in the set last night, and I can confirm that the transfer looks a lot better than the old Blu-ray.

DNR is now greatly reduced...or eliminated altogether. Healthy film grain is visible and detail is improved. I also didn't notice any of the edge sharpening or halos that plagued the old Blu-ray release.