Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-01-2003, 08:48 PM   #1
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Slaughterhouse (1987)

So any fans of this movie? I've never seen it before, but I might be getting it in a trade and wanna get some opinions before I decide if I want it or not. I've heard it was really cheaply made with bad gore effects and terrible acting, but my main concern with this movie is, is it entertaining?

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 12:56 AM   #2
STREET TRASH
Synthicide

I wouldn't say it's cheaply made. The budget is modest - acting fair, lighting good, Etc. Good slasher flick. I don't remember too much gore to be honest with you, a splash of blood here & there is all...
STREET TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 01:18 AM   #3
legnadibrom

poop

fun movie, some really laughable but enjoyable 80s music in this one, the guy who plays the old man is really good in this movie as well
Old 04-02-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
Vdlman

Yeah, I enjoyed this one. It's not a classic, but definitely a fun, cheesy '80s movie.

Does anybody know if the sequel exists or not? Some people are casually claiming to have seen it. Supposedly Julianne Moore is in it. http://us.imdb.com/Title?0207740

On this website, there is a review of it, but if you look at the other titles they review on this site, they are all bogus sounding titles. http://artyfarty.8m.com/cinema.htm

They even have the artwork for it posted on the site. http://artyfarty.8m.com/cgi-bin/i/slaughterhouse.JPG

There was a thread about it on another horror messageboard (I can't remember which one). Some guy claimed he actually worked on the movie and had a bunch of stories about it. John Klyza from the SLEEPAWAY CAMP website once said that it does exist and it's apparently a sequel to a different SLAUGHTERHOUSE which he couldn't find. Supposedly some French film.

So has anybody seen this? Or can anyone confirm whether or not it exists?
Old 04-04-2003, 09:01 PM   #5
JoeLeo74

I have been a fan of this movie since i got it on tape in 88 and love the PP dvd. What John Klyza said about Slaughterhouse 2 sounds right to me.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:49 AM   #6
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Ah crap, now the guy doesn't have it anymore. Anyway thanks for the replies, I've gotta see this one now. Luckily Netflix actually carries it, so I'll get it this week.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
Fart Lighter

I love Slaughterhouse. A great 80's cheesefest all right! The disk's open-matte, but I'm not sure whether it's correct matte is 1.66:1 or 1.85:1, it looks kind of off in certain parts played in either mode. I'm guessing 1.66:1 is the more likely.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:47 AM   #8
KillerCannabis
Slow, Deep & Hard

80's cheesefest, eh? Sounds right up my alley. I'll have to score a copy of this somewhere.
KillerCannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:40 AM   #9
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Its better than average, makes a good rental at least. I don't know if I'd make it a purchase though.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 03:24 AM   #10
RyanPC

Believe it or not, despite how much I love 80's cheesefests, I hold a small dislike for Slaughterhouse... don't ask me why, I just didn't like it and definitely wouldn't make it a purchase.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:30 PM   #11
WesReviews
HackMaster

Picked this one up on Ebay. I'll let you guys know what I think after I see it.

Though, it was ad Deep Discount DVD a while back, but now has been taken down from their site. Also, DVDEmpire has it, but lists it as "On Order". Has this title gone out of print? Is Lucky 13/Program Power still in business? Anyone know anything?
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:58 AM   #12
Katatonia
In Death's Shadow

I think Slaughterhouse is a pretty decent movie. Could have used some gratuitous sex and violence though. The DVD is packed with special features!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:25 AM   #13
Jeff Dolniak

Ive seen this title at a couple of SUNCOASTS in recent weeks. Although I dont reccommend anyone doing a major purchase there, SLAUGHTERHOUSE was only 4.99 . The movie is ok ,Buddy the killer is slightly amusing and surprisingly the extras on the dvd are quite solid. Just the damn commentary's audio levels that really got me.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #14
Katatonia
In Death's Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dolniak
Ive seen this title at a couple of SUNCOASTS in recent weeks. Although I dont reccommend anyone doing a major purchase there, SLAUGHTERHOUSE was only 4.99 . The movie is ok ,Buddy the killer is slightly amusing and surprisingly the extras on the dvd are quite solid. Just the damn commentary's audio levels that really got me.
Now that you mention it I do remember the DVD commentary audio being absolute CRAP in terms of sound quality. I don't think I was even able to sit all the way through it actually...

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #15
Ravenheart

I picked this up at a local video store a few years ago for $5 when they were selling off some of their horror titles.Its a pretty enjoyable if not predictable flick.Buddy and his father are pretty cool though.