Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
Paff

The beer selection at CinemaPaff is much better than any of the local theaters. The quality of films is also better.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
The beer selection at CinemaPaff is much better than any of the local theaters. The quality of films is also better.
When will we see these cinemas expanding?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Can film projectors in movie theaters be "paused"? If I were a theater manager I would post signs everywhere warning inconsiderate jerks that management would pause the film to allow them to finish their calls or stop talking, then toss them out. Purchasing a ticket to a movie is a contract to sit quietly and watch the film - not to take phone calls or chat about baking muffins. Regarding home viewing, any time we would rent movies there would be an initial group of about 5 people gathered around the TV but I would always be the only one left after it was over. And this was well before the cell phone craze so I'd imagine today we wouldn't get 10 minutes into a film before people started wandering off. At least in a theater your options are limited, especially if you're sitting in the middle.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #19
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I can watch movies over and over at home but for some reason, I cannot always absorb the entire plots, dialogue, ect. At the theater, sitting in that one spot helps me concentrate on the film better.
When I saw DEEP RED (the R rated USA cut) at the movie theater a few years ago, it was so much more enjoyable than my DVD viewings. Same for RE-ANIMATOR and DEAD ALIVE which lent themselves to the theatrical experience better than my previous home viewings.
However, the first run theaters here in San Fran have waaaaay too many distractions to even bother wasting money going. You are guaranteed some irritating moment even if you pay a premium
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
Dobby
HackMaster

Why the hell do people who can't stop texting even bother going to the movies? It doesn't matter what time I have tried going to catch a movie. Even if I catch the 10AM matinee there is always someone texting. I have no desire to bother with movie theaters anymore.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Why the hell do people who can't stop texting even bother going to the movies? It doesn't matter what time I have tried going to catch a movie. Even if I catch the 10AM matinee there is always someone texting. I have no desire to bother with movie theaters anymore.
Because most people go to the movies just because it's the "thing to do". It's more social than anything. People like us, real movie fans, will carefully decide which movies are worth our $10.50 before we even leave the house. And if there's nothing good playing at the theaters (quite often), we pop in our Blu-Rays of City of the Living Dead instead of subjecting ourselves to 20 minutes of trailers then 90 minutes of Adam Sandler.

When you don't have that much interest in the experience alltogether, it's a lot easier to tune out and answer your texts. Unfortunately, it just becomes a habit.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
Demoni
HackMaster

That´s why the majority of times I only go to film festivals.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #23
spawningblue
Deadite

I've never had someone text through a whole movie or talk throughout. The worst I've ever really had is someone turning on their phone for a min. to check a text or someone talking for a min. Never to the point where it was a huge annoyance or throughout the whole movie though. Maybe it has to do with the location.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #24
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

My new pet peeve these days isn't texting (annoying as it is, there are worse things) but people munching loudly on popcorn. Someone opens their cellphone and the brightly lit screen is intrusive but it usually doesn't last longer than a couple of minutes but someone rustling a bag and shoveling popcorn into their mouths is far more annoying because it's prolonged. Kick my seat a couple of times if you want but please stuff your face quietly. Thanks.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

You'd think theaters would want to serve candy or whatever the hell in bags that didn't CRINKLE CRINKLE so loudly. But those would probably be more expensive. Or something.

What a bunch of crabby movie fans we are, ha ha.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote