Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 11-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Mattapooh
Maniac

Silent Night, Deadly Night Blu?

This just came up in my Facebook news feed, I'm hoping someone has some details!

Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

I believe they are using these special Blu-rays for HD Theatrical screenings only; beginning Dec 4th?

Not heard anything about a regular Blu-ray release of SNDN yet.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Yes, those are for the theatrical screenings this December.

It's actually playing near me, which is surprising because we usually don't get anything like this.

I'm wondering if it is the uncut version though? Considering it'll be in theaters, I'm assuming it's R-rated.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I like where this could be heading though
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
horrorscreamer
Victim

What a waste, this needs to be out on blu-ray and not screening in a few select cinemas.
horrorscreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorscreamer View Post
What a waste, this needs to be out on blu-ray and not screening in a few select cinemas.
Why is such a waste of time to release this in theaters?

And most of the times, screenings predate a home release. Did you actually think they would spent money on a conversion just for a few theatrical releases?

Last edited by Demoni; 11-22-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

What he said ^
Old 11-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Thing is though, it might be the R-rated version only, especially if it is playing in theaters.

They might not have a hi-def source for the uncut material. Remember the Anchor Bay DVD? If they do, great! I'm sure we'll see it on blu-ray next December. If not... hard to say. And if Anchor Bay still holds the rights, then who knows.

I guess we'll see...
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #9
SpaceAce
Stalker

I would think if they went to the trouble to do it up like this, they would release it on blu ray (although I would think they would release the blu in time for holiday viewing, so they will probably miss the boat this year...maybe by next christmas season?)
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #10
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

According to the press release, this is the uncut version that will be playing;

FANGORIA, together with Screenvision and Brainstorm Media, are thrilled to announce the re-release of the controversial, ultra-bloody anti-Holiday slasher favorite SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT, opening wide across the country in theaters everywhere!

Released in 1984 to outrage and parental paranoia, director Charles Sellier’s killer Kris Kringle creeper tells the tale of a tot who, on Christmas Eve 1974, sees mommy kissing Santa’s axe as a lunatic invades their home and murders his family. Growing up in an abusive Catholic orphanage, the poor put-upon lad grows up to be a similar psycho in a Santa suit and goes on a bloody rampage. The film will be fully uncut and re-mastered, better to see every inch of those deer antlers penetrate poor Linnea Quigley’s breastplate.

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT will open on December 4th running to December 17th across the country, a presentation of FANGORIA Films and Brainstorm Media.

Although the poster does have the "R" rating at the bottom, who knows if that's just for show or what the deal is really? Confusing to say the least.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #11
Dobby
HackMaster

I wonder how we can obtain one of these anyone?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #12
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://brainmedia.net

Screenvision Teams Up With Brainstorm Media To Bring The FANGORIA Presents Showing Of Silent Night, Deadly Night To Cinemas Beginning December 4th

November 18, 2013

NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Screenvision, a national cinema advertising leader, has teamed up with Brainstorm Media to give horror fans one last shriek this holiday season with showings of the FANGORIA Presents screening of the 80's classic, Silent Night, Deadly Night. This uniquely chilling film, which has achieved cult status among horror fans, will be coming to theaters across the nation from December 4th – December 18th.

"We're excited to be teaming up with Brainstorm Media to bring such a cult favorite to horror fans in theaters nationwide," saysDarryl Schaffer, Screenvision's Executive Vice President, Operations & Exhibitor Relations.

"We enjoy working with Screenvision. They've already locked in over 200 screens for this film and are working closely with us and the magazine to get the word out. Silent Night has never been seen in HD until now -- and there's no better place to see it than in a theater," says Meyer Shwarzstein, Founder of Brainstorm Media.

Charles E. Sallier Jr.'s 1984 holiday cult horror classic tells the tale of Billy Chapmen, orphaned at five after witnessing the murder of his parents at the hands of a Santa suit-clad madman on Christmas Eve. Now eighteen and out of the brutal grip of orphanage nuns, Billy is forced to confront his greatest fear, sending him on a rampage, leaving a crimson trail in the snow behind him. This Fangoria Presents event, in conjunction with Screenvision, delivers this seasonal slasher essential in a stunning new HD transfer for the ultimate experience in ho-ho-horror!

"I'm bursting with blood-splattered bliss at the idea of fans being able to see this classic Christmas slasher on the big screen after all these years. This is the original 'bad santa' shocker and whether seeing it for the first time or the fifteenth time, SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT is an absolute blast to behold. No serious horror movie lover should miss the chance to experience this collectively, in a packed theatre," says Chris Alexander, editor-in-chief of FANGORIA magazine.

For more information, visit: Fangoriaonscreen.com

ABOUT SCREENVISION

Headquartered in New York, N.Y., Screenvision is a national leader in cinema advertising, offering on-screen advertising, in-lobby promotions and integrated marketing programs to national, regional and local advertisers and providing comprehensive cinema advertising representation services to top tier theatrical exhibitors presenting the highest quality moviegoing experience. The Screenvision cinema advertising network is comprised of over 14,300 screens in 2,350+ theater locations across all 50 states and 94% of DMAs nationwide; delivering through more than 150 theatrical circuits, including 10 of the top 15 exhibitor companies. For more information: http://www.screenvision.com.

ABOUT FANGORIA

FANGORIA sliced its way onto the scene in 1979, becoming the only national publication devoted to the modern horror genre. Three and a half decades later, FANGORIA is still the number one authority on all things scary! FANGORIA provides the best in horror entertainment and news coverage including the website, magazine, film production and distribution divisions, convention circuit, and Dreadtime Stories series hosted by Malcolm McDowell. FANGORIA ENTERTAINMENT: We know what scares you!

ABOUT BRAINSTORM MEDIA

Brainstorm Media develops, produces and distributes films for all media. Founded in 1995, it was the first independent aggregator for VOD and TV. Now, a full service distributor, it continues to push the threshold by integrating digital, TV, and theatrical strategies. Brainstorm is partnered with DIRECTV on the documentary film series SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT and the company releases movies under the FANGORIA label in all media.

Booking inquiries: David Wengrod – Screenvision, 212.497.0463 DWengrod@Screenvision.com

Press Inquiries:
Caroline Kasabian – Screenvision, 212.497.0453 CKasabian@Screenvision.com
http://brainmedia.net/articles/scree...g-december-4th
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #13
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Nice, it's playing in Fairfield, CT. That's like 20 minutes from me - I'm there!

http://www.screenvision.com/cinema-events/sndn/
Old 11-28-2013, 03:28 AM   #14
Dobby
HackMaster

These peeps who are just giving out these blu rays are not replying. I guess only the hispters are getting their hands on these.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
These peeps who are just giving out these blu rays are not replying. I guess only the hispters are getting their hands on these.
They aren't just giving out/selling those Blu-rays, they are being sent out to the theatres for booked screenings. The image from the first post, from what I recall, is from one of the projectionists who I'm guessing had taken it home to test it out.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote