Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood review

It gets released on 12/30.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/reviews.php?id=328
Old 09-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

You know, it's things like this that cause me not to fear too much for my career.

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 09:05 PM   #3
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Ugh, not my kinda turf
Old 10-01-2003, 02:07 AM   #4
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

I like all of the other Leprechaun movies, so I'll be getting this one, too. I love how cheesy they are.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:36 AM   #5
puddytay

12/30 Thats such a dumb date. Why not release it in time for halloween?
Old 10-01-2003, 06:24 AM   #6
rhett

Quote:
Originally posted by Fistfuck
You know, it's things like this that cause me not to fear too much for my career.
Amen.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:30 AM   #7
Revoltor

Holy crap. A sequel to a sequel. Odd.

I didn't read the review because I want to see it blindly. I loved the "first" one so I hope this one'll be just as good.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:35 PM   #8
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Quote:
Originally posted by Revoltor
Holy crap. A sequel to a sequel. Odd.
not really.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
X-human
I ate my keys

I spent March checking out the Leprechaun sequels for the first time and really enjoyed the series for the most part. But while people seem to enjoy In the Hood for it's "so bad it's bad" qualities it was the first entry in the series that really let me down. It took itself way too seriously in its approach for me and the production quality feel below what I'd consider watchable.

It was with much trepidation then that I went into this followup but was surprised to find this to be the first sequel of the series to take things a step up in budget and overall quality. I got a real good feel just from the well animated opening sequence and that feeling never left. This was something of a reboot of the previous entry with a few lessons learned.

Warwick is given a lot more screen time and better material to work with compared to his last outing. He seems much more in the groove here and with some new green threads this is a nice send off for him.

Overall the cast is more well rounded with real female leads and a more empathetic plight. There's much more humor in this and intentional cheese like rainbows leading to pots of gold. The finale is a bit anticlimactic but overall I'm happy to say the series ends on an uptick which to me is well deserved.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #10
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Although I still think doing a 2nd Lep in the Hood was a bad idea this one is actually a lot of fun and pretty underrated IMO.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #11
Kentucky Jones
Screamy Bopper

Kentucky Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #12
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
I spent March checking out the Leprechaun sequels for the first time and really enjoyed the series for the most part. But while people seem to enjoy In the Hood for it's "so bad it's bad" qualities it was the first entry in the series that really let me down. It took itself way too seriously in its approach for me and the production quality feel below what I'd consider watchable.

It was with much trepidation then that I went into this followup but was surprised to find this to be the first sequel of the series to take things a step up in budget and overall quality. I got a real good feel just from the well animated opening sequence and that feeling never left. This was something of a reboot of the previous entry with a few lessons learned.

Warwick is given a lot more screen time and better material to work with compared to his last outing. He seems much more in the groove here and with some new green threads this is a nice send off for him.

Overall the cast is more well rounded with real female leads and a more empathetic plight. There's much more humor in this and intentional cheese like rainbows leading to pots of gold. The finale is a bit anticlimactic but overall I'm happy to say the series ends on an uptick which to me is well deserved.
I hared the first Lep in the Hood and found myself really enjoying this sequel too. I revisited the first Hood film not too long ago and enjoyed it a lot more than I remember. It looks like it's shot on shiteo though which doesn't help it. Part 4 is probably the worst sequel for me.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #13
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Part 4 is probably the worst sequel for me.
You know, I get that. I really do. And I'm not going to dispute that on paper it's the worst entry.

However I think it's probably my favorite out of all of them. It goes full bore with nothing left to want from me. It succeeds in everything it does. I can't say as much for any of the other entries. In Space seems fully formed to me. There's realistically nothing more you could do with that concept. Honestly does anyone want a James Cameron Aliens level of execution on this? It's an absurd farce of that genre and I loved every mind bending minute of it.

In the Hood however pretty much fails at everything it does. Some people enjoy making fun of it in that regard, and in the right place and time I'm sure I would too, but it makes for an awful view experience any other time. Plus Back 2 Tha Hood pretty well erases any doubt that it can be done better. Maybe when I see it again someday it'll fair better.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 AM   #14
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
You know, I get that. I really do. And I'm not going to dispute that on paper it's the worst entry.

However I think it's probably my favorite out of all of them. It goes full bore with nothing left to want from me. It succeeds in everything it does. I can't say as much for any of the other entries. In Space seems fully formed to me. There's realistically nothing more you could do with that concept. Honestly does anyone want a James Cameron Aliens level of execution on this? It's an absurd farce of that genre and I loved every mind bending minute of it.

In the Hood however pretty much fails at everything it does. Some people enjoy making fun of it in that regard, and in the right place and time I'm sure I would too, but it makes for an awful view experience any other time. Plus Back 2 Tha Hood pretty well erases any doubt that it can be done better. Maybe when I see it again someday it'll fair better.
Yea, I don't know, for me it felt like In Space dragged plus the Lep felt bland in this one as he didn't make up any rhymes. The sets felt really cheap here too. I may have to watch it again but for now it sits as the lest entertaining entry in this franchise.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:39 AM   #15
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I can't bring myself to hate any of the Leprechaun films but I'd probably place 4 as my least favorite as well.