Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > News

Old 10-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
rhett

Danielle Harris' Halloween Top Six 2013

Every year we partner with the fine folks at Anchor Bay Entertainment to give you a special Top Ten list from a current horror director. We already gave you a list from SEPTIC MAN's Jesse Thomas Cook but what's Halloween without a good treat? We're very happy to bring you a list from none other than Jamie Lloyd herself, Danielle Harris!

Every year we partner with the fine folks at Anchor Bay Entertainment to give you a special Top Ten list from a current horror director. We already gave you a list from SEPTIC MAN's Jesse Thomas Cook but what's Halloween without a good treat? We're very happy to bring you a list from none other than Jamie Lloyd herself, Danielle Harris! She's been super busy this year, from directing and promoting AMONG FRIENDS as well as starring in HATCHET III, that's why she only had time for a list of 6. But they are 6 of her favorites, so read on and enjoy!

6. Ghostbusters (1984)

Yes. This movie is a horror movie in my book!! I'm captivated by this film still! I just love it and have yet to see anything come close to this classic. There's a reason why grown men still dress up like the guys and walk around horror conventions. Did I mention I also have Slimer on my bookcase in my house??

5. Witchboard (1986)

Ouija boards were a big no no in my house growing up, so of course I was obsessed with this classic b movie. I would have friends over when my parents would go out and we'd watch it and play with the ouija board. I have to admit, I always pushed it to move and made my friends believe that spirits were doing it!

4. Piranha (1978)

Need I say more?? Joe Dante really impacted my childhood apparently! He has this way of making kitschy things scary. The trailer for this movie is amazing. I wish they would bring this style of film making back. This is the sole reason my biggest fear is fish. I love the water, but g-d forbid I see a fish I freak out. Could be a tadpole and if it comes near me I'm screaming like I saw a shark!

3. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Classic genius. The sick mind of Freddy Kruger haunting and murdering you while you were helplessly stuck in your nightmare turned reality. Every kid doesn't wanna go to sleep when they're young, and most of us either slept with a light on or had our parents check the closet for the boogeyman. Now we were really afraid to go to sleep after watching this one!

2. Poltergeist (1982)

Was about 6 when I saw this one. Haunted places and tv's with static have forever been burned in my brain and still scare the crap out of me. I was about Carol Ann's age when I saw it, so it resonated. Just effortlessly directed and such a great mix of spfx and characters. Acting is superb and tone was so fitting. This one stands the test of time.

1. Gremlins (1984)

This was the first horror movie I ever saw and my parents took me to see it at the drive in! Just some good old 80's horror. I actually have a a gremlin in my house that was a prop puppet from the movie. Its one of the only things "horror" I have on display and sometimes the little girl in me sits on the couch and thinks its gonna come alive!!

Previous Anchor Bay Top Tens:
2008: Maurice Devereaux (End of the Line)
2009: Paul Solet (Grace)
2010: Glenn McQuaid (I Sell the Dead)
2011: Stephen Mena (Bereavement)
2012: Jennifer Lynch (Chained) & Richard Bates Jr. (Excision)
2013: Jesse Thomas Cook (Septic Man)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	among.jpg
Views:	1794
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	6587  
rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
dave13
HackMaster

Quality picks. Anybody here watch Bones? Last season there was an episode with a Judge Judy-like character, and Danielle played the murdered producer. At one point her ex-boyfriend makes a reference to her character loving "all those Halloween movies." Good stuff.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
othervoice1
HackMaster

Great list - I saw Gremlins at a drive in too actually lol - Danielle Harris is awesome so cool to see her top 6
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Workshed
October!

Added Witchboard to my queue--fun list!
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Mok
Family is Forever

Hail to the (Scream) Queen!

Really cool to see a contribution from Danielle Harris on here! I recently checked out Among Friends and enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of the original April Fools' Day. Hope she does more

Last edited by Mok; 11-01-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
baggio
HackMaster

I wonder if Halloween 4 & 5 and Hatchet 2 & 3 would have filled out her top 10?
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
Paff

OK, we all know that she isn't a regular member or reader here (prove me wrong, Danielle!) and that all she did was fire off this list to her agent or handlers or whatever at AB's request. But still, how cool is it to have a contribution on this site from such a popular figure in the genre? If you're reading this, DH, just know that you earned major cool points in my book.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
OK, we all know that she isn't a regular member or reader here (prove me wrong, Danielle!) and that all she did was fire off this list to her agent or handlers or whatever at AB's request. But still, how cool is it to have a contribution on this site from such a popular figure in the genre? If you're reading this, DH, just know that you earned major cool points in my book.
She gave a similar list to another site. Top five ... and it was different except for 3.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...nielle-harris/
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
deepred
Maniac

Never got the appeal of Harris for horror fans (besides her work in H4 and H5) but cool list regardless.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
She gave a similar list to another site. Top five ... and it was different except for 3.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...nielle-harris/
Way to pee in my Cheerios, Baggio

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Workshed
October!

Yeah, way to ruin everything, Baggio. Halloween = CANCELLED.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Never got the appeal of Harris for horror fans (besides her work in H4 and H5)
I actually never saw H4 or H5.

I think the appeal, other than her cuteness (anyone who's seen her in person will certainly agree) is that she's never shied away from her image as a "scream queen"; she embraces it. But she also does it without trying to appear campy, like a lot of the 80s scream queens did. She's still the "girl next door", except someone's chasing her with a chainsaw.

And as for non-horror, she had a line in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead that I still use anytime I have to wake up super early: "She made us get up at the BUTTcrack of dawn"

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I actually never saw H4 or H5.
Wut?

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
Dobby
HackMaster

Thumbs down

All horror fans are to Danielle Harris is her meal ticket anyway!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
All horror fans are to Danielle Harris is her meal ticket anyway!
That's the vibe I get from her. I don't find her very charismatic as an adult actress but she did a good job as a kid.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I often see people list her as one of their fav scream queens but I feel there is far bettah out there.