Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Nailwraps
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,374
Possession coming to Blu-ray from Mondo Vision!

Found this at the Blu-ray.com forums:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=222071

Last edited by Nailwraps; 06-13-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
deepred
Maniac
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 827
Can't wait. And 4.5 hours of extra special features!!!
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA
 
bruce h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 2,246
Mondo Vision, actually. :-)

I have the other four Zulawski discs they've released, and they do good work. Looking forward to their first blu!

http://www.mondo-vision.com/possession.php

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:46 AM   #4
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster
 
elDomenechHDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,014
I just got an email from Amazon UK that said Arrow was releasing this.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #5
CPT HOOK
HackMaster
 
CPT HOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US
Posts: 3,490
I saw this on TCM a while back. It was interesting, but I don't think I could ever watch it again. But I am excited to see what future releases Mondo Vision could have in store.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #6
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I just got an email from Amazon UK that said Arrow was releasing this.
Amazon UK is mistaken. It's with Second Sight in the UK.

http://www.secondsightfilms.co.uk/coming_soon.php?a=223
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #7
Shlockjock81
HackMaster
 
Shlockjock81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,151
THANK GOD!

It's about time this film got the bells and whistles! Worth it for the subway freakout alone.
__________________
Sara: "Have you ever heard of the three sisters?"
Carlo: "You mean those black singers?"
-Dario Argento's Inferno.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #8
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker
 
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 165
I heard this is a good movie. I still haven't seen it yet. I thought this was Mondo Tees at first.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #9
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I heard this is a good movie. I still haven't seen it yet. I thought this was Mondo Tees at first.
Who the hell told you that? If you like watching domestic violence and hearing couples screaming at each other for 80% of the run-time then it's a great movie. Add to that a bunch of things that don't make sense like the ending and what the child does to himself and you have a winner.

Come to think of it I think I might watch this again.

In all seriousness the movie is worth a watch, just don't go into it expecting a good movie. It's rather grueling at times.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #10
Ash28M
HackMaster
 
Ash28M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Who the hell told you that? If you like watching domestic violence and hearing couples screaming at each other for 80% of the run-time then it's a great movie. Add to that a bunch of things that don't make sense like the ending and what the child does to himself and you have a winner.

Come to think of it I think I might watch this again.

In all seriousness the movie is worth a watch, just don't go into it expecting a good movie. It's rather grueling at times.

I think it's a great movie.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #11
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
I think it's a great movie.
And it was people like you who gave me the wrong expectations when I sat down to watch this It's fine that you think it's great but I think with a movie like this it's wise to warn people that it plays like an art-house film and may take a few viewing to gain some appreciation for it.

Personally, I think if I showed this to my friends who like horror movies, boasting about how good it is, they probably would never let me pick films to watch in the future. The best thing to tell them is it's fucking weird.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
russweiss
Maniac
 
russweiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
And it was people like you who gave me the wrong expectations when I sat down to watch this It's fine that you think it's great but I think with a movie like this it's wise to warn people that it plays like an art-house film and may take a few viewing to gain some appreciation for it.

Personally, I think if I showed this to my friends who like horror movies, boasting about how good it is, they probably would never let me pick films to watch in the future. The best thing to tell them is it's fucking weird.
I agree 100%. Personally I thought the film was boring but I ended up giving it a second chance and still didn't care for it. Admittedly I haven't seen the film since the mid 1990's so perhaps my view will have changed.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #13
Ash28M
HackMaster
 
Ash28M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
And it was people like you who gave me the wrong expectations when I sat down to watch this It's fine that you think it's great but I think with a movie like this it's wise to warn people that it plays like an art-house film and may take a few viewing to gain some appreciation for it.

Personally, I think if I showed this to my friends who like horror movies, boasting about how good it is, they probably would never let me pick films to watch in the future. The best thing to tell them is it's fucking weird.
Possibly but like with any film you need to account for the tastes of your audience before you recommend something. I personally liked it first time I watched it.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #14
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
Possibly but like with any film you need to account for the tastes of your audience before you recommend something. I personally liked it first time I watched it.
This more so than others though. I can recommend something like Nightmare on Elm Street to someone and there's probably a 50% chance they'll like it. This I feel is more a 20% chance they'll like it, 80% they wont. I'm just saying I'd recommend this with caution or you know, just a warning of what they're in for.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker
 
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Who the hell told you that? If you like watching domestic violence and hearing couples screaming at each other for 80% of the run-time then it's a great movie. Add to that a bunch of things that don't make sense like the ending and what the child does to himself and you have a winner.

Come to think of it I think I might watch this again.

In all seriousness the movie is worth a watch, just don't go into it expecting a good movie. It's rather grueling at times.
I think I read about it on the Horror forum or referenced when talking about another horror movie. Perhaps the recent Kill List? I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it was in a list about psychological horror movies.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
possession blu-ray

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com