Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Dave
Pimp

X-Files returns!!!

No one has talked about this? FOR SHAME!!!

I'm sure many have heard, but Fox is trying to get them back together for a 12-episode season(s). I think it would be a great way to try and wrap the series up after the finale debacle. Always prefer a season, even a short one, over a movie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...-Duchovny.html

Quote:
David Duchovny says an X Files reunion with Gillian Anderson “is going to happen pretty soon".

Speculation about a comeback for Agents Mulder and Scully has been swirling, and Duchovny confirmed that plans are under way.

The TV show ended 13 years ago. Asked if he was “done with The X-Files”, Duchovny said he felt quite the opposite.

“If you’d asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have said: yes, I’ve had enough.

“But at this point, it’s almost like going out on a greatest hits tour. It would be a lark. And I think it’s going to happen pretty soon,” he told The Observer.

The supernatural series ran from 1993-2002, and there were two spin-off films.

Last month, executives at Fox said they were “very hopeful” for the duo’s return, but needed to work around the stars’ schedules.
Anderson recently appeared in a second series of The Fall and on the West End stage in A Streetcar Named Desire.

Duchovny has filmed a new NBC show, Aquarius, and is working on his second novel.

The actor has said he would like to make a “limited” return as Mulder, but that he and Anderson “don’t have the energy for a full season”.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Harry Warden
HackMaster

I would be thrilled if they brought the series back. I own all nine seasons on DVD. One of my all time favorite TV series. I wish, however the Duchovny didn't mention that they are too exhausted to do a full season. If they bring the series back, I want it to go on for years.
Harry Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:15 AM   #3
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

Love (most) of the show and even enjoyed the last film--felt like an extended episode.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #4
Mok
Family is Forever

I was so into this show in the 90's. It outstayed it's welcome eventually (as most do) but was really great for long time. The last film was fantastic so I'm in for this. With the recent string of awesome horror television, I hope they will step it up to reclaim their fans, but I'm going in skeptical, just to be safe.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #5
Dave
Pimp

WOW!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...cully-and-more

Quote:
Everything old really is new again. Even aliens.
Fox announced today that The X-Files, which ran on television from 1993 until 2002 and was accompanied by feature films in 1998 and 2008, will be back as a six-episode "event series," with production beginning this summer. Creator and Executive Producer Chris Carter will be in charge once again, and yes, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) will be, too
Old 03-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
Dave
Pimp

Great news. Disappointed with six episodes but beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully this means we get six high quality episodes. That's still about 4.5 hours of programming. I'll take it!
Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hopefully this means we get six high quality episodes.
That is how I see it. This is encouraging for me! No effing around, a beginning and an end. Hopefully a solid plan.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Franco
Weekender

I wonder how will they name it. The 10th season has been around in the world of comics by now.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #9
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

To be honest, I was always more of a fan of the "monsters of the week" episodes of The X-Files rather than the ongoing alien storyline. With only 6 episodes, I doubt there will be much time for that.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #10
Dave
Pimp

There's a quote from Carter in one of the newsbits where he mentions 'stories', which some are interpreting as six stand alone stories. Seems doubtful to me. It could just be 'stories' to tie up the various loose story lines left open (their son, alien invasion, etc). But there is the possibility that Carter is trying to get a few mini seasons out of this. That would be sweet. Regardless, I'm happy either way.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
Ptflea2
HackMaster

I liked some of the individual episodes - Home(season 4) and Humbug(???) were really good, but overall I thought the series was kinda overrated and the story arc with Mulder's sister/aliens got tiresome. And how many times is Scully not going to believe Mulder?
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #12
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

This is unprecedented. A long dormant series, hugely popular but that sort of ran out of steam towards the end, comes back to, what, try to right a few wrongs? If this is the case, 6 episodes won't be enough. Standalone stories, maybe it'll work, but I'm guessing many fans aren't interested in something like that - they (we) want closure. I suppose it could be done in 6 episodes, but it's cutting it close. I wonder if this venture is meant to replace the series making it to Blu-ray, a project I'm sure was/is cost-prohibitive.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:53 PM   #13
Dave
Pimp

Seasons 1-5 aired in HD. I have the captures and they are gorgeous. Making my way through the series but only on season two.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:48 AM   #14
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

So excited for this. With such a small episode order I have to imagine they are going the True Detective route and just telling one long story. I'm still on the fence about if I'd rather have a mythology story or a monster of the week one in this miniseries. The mythology was very convoluted by season nine, but there was so much set-up that it'd be strange for it to be completely ignored.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:07 AM   #15
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Disappointed with six episodes but beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully this means we get six high quality episodes.
That's my hope too. I'm very interested in seeing where they will pick up the characters. I think everyone knows that last movie was terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
I wonder how will they name it. The 10th season has been around in the world of comics by now.
I want to read those comics. Do they start after the last movie?
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote