Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
Nailwraps
HackMaster

New DVD Label: Intervision Picture Corporation

I've probably should've posted this sooner. Still, there's a new DVD company in town and that's Intervision Picture Corporation!:

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/index.htm

"The newly created Intervision Picture Corporation, featuring several longtime veterans of the home video scene, announced it was rolling out its aggressive schedule of Cult and Exploitation releases starting this January! The company has just inked a deal with distribution/manufacturing mainstay CAV to handle solicitation and physical distribution. First releases are both helmed by recent Goya Award Winner Jess Franco. THE SINISTER EYES OF DR. ORLOFF, a long-thought-lost classic from 1971, was finally unearthed in a Budapest vault following an exhaustive international search. Orloff will be paired with PAULA-PAULA, the most acclaimed Jess Franco film in over two decades (both titles will see release on January 11, 2011). The deal was negotiated by Larry Gold Sr., Founder and CEO on behalf of Intervision Picture Corporation, and Jay Douglas, Vice President of Product Development on behalf of CAV. CAV’s Douglas said, “Larry Gold is one of the few true legends of the video industry and we are thrilled to bring his latest and greatest brand to the CAV stable.” Gold, an early leader in the world of VHS distribution, has an impressive resume stretching back to the early 1960s, when he founded the London-based Solid Gold Films Ltd. Long thought retired to his estate in Southeast Asia, Gold cited "the need to get quality pictures back on the shelves" as his chief reason for getting back into distribution. "I've still got the rights to over 850 films across all formats - and I intend to exercise them in a manner that will result in classy, special-features-laden releases crafted for the discriminating picturegoer. Film distribution has gotten a bit off its bearings as of late, and we at Intervision Picture Corporation intend to bring back a little of the way things used to be.""

Official Website: http://www.intervisionpicturecorp.com/
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
eric_angelus
Testacular

I was just reading about these. I love the retro look of the Intervision logo on the cover art. Both releases look like they could be big box VHS titles.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
FilmFiend
Stalker

Sounds like a great label!! I'd like to know what else they are going to release.
FilmFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
MorallySound
There is no magic.

If these are indeed legit... I'm hoping they are, but who knows. I've never ever heard of Larry Gold or Solid Gold Films, Ltd... and nothing can be found on the web either about either considering both Larry and his company were involved in distribution in the early years, or so they state.

Also found this: http://fantaterrorhorrorfromspain.bl...n-blarney.html which also asks some of the same questions I have about Intervision and also confirms that the "lost" Orloff film has been released and bootlegged in the past.

Hoping these are legit as I need more Franco in my collection and I do love the retro design and mandate they have, but until I know for sure, I'll be skeptical.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
scott71670
Maniac

Had a wonderful time watching the website-wonderfully nostalgic design. It looks like some of the films they have in the library are 1982's Mephisto, and some really godawful Rollerblade Barbarian film. I recognized the sides of the boxes in the shelf in the "Library" corner. I think I saw The Stuff in there also.
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
scott71670
Maniac

It looks as though they are also going to be putting out a couple of Australian sexploitation titles- they are listed at the website- as well as something titled The Secret Life of Jeffrey Dahmer.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
scott71670
Maniac

After a quick hop over to imdb, it seems they also have connections to the films Lady Stay Dead, The Man from SEX, Trauma (1976), and the Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio. Oh, this just keeps gettin better and better!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

These both look really cool, I'm very interested in seeing how this all plays out.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:08 AM   #9
Serega_M
Screamy Bopper

Red face Sceptical

In the times when relatively old and already established labels are dying or in financial trouble, Internet piracy is bigger than before and physical media distribution seems to be slowly dying we still have some new players in the cult field, where the volume has always been VERY low in comparison to even weak mainstream fims, - that amazes me. I am really sceptical about these new guys, but wish them all the luck, of course
Old 01-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/2011/d...this-february/
Old 01-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Review for The Sinister Eyes of Dr. Orloff!:

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/s/sini...dr-orloff-the/
Old 01-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
horrorlover
Stalker

Sounds like a solid release for their first film, even though it does have a few minor problems, but then again Intervision stated that the film was transferred from a 1 inch tape master that Jess Franco himself provided, sometimes a film source just isn't to be had. I have both of these Jess Franco dvd's on preorder, can't wait for them to ship
Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

I got my copy yesterday, and if you have The Hanging Woman release from Troma, it's on par with that picture-wise. I haven't watched it yet, so I can't comment about any of the credits being cut off, I just assumed that it might have been unmatted while scanning through. With it being in the original language and also the 20-minute interview with Jess, this is on point, outside of picture quality, with the other cult companies Franco releases.

As for Paula-Paula, it's anamorphic, with nearly 30 minutes of Franco interview content (an intro, discussing the film, and discussing making films in the current climate).

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #14
meddle
Stalker

Here is a screen shot of the cropping from the end credits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sinisterorloff.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	5665  
Old 01-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

My take on The Sinister Eyes of Dr. Orloff: http://infini-tropolis.com/reviews/s...-9.html#orloff

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intervision picture corp